Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the Lords Prayer but I never heard of the Apostles Creed.

Pick a different hill to die on.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
In certain portions of the service, participation implies a complete unity.  It is a false acumanism to participate knowing that unity simply does not exist.  Take communion/Lords supper.  It means something different to people of different denominations.   Even if invited, it is a lie for me to participate if I disagree to what they believe.  Furthermore, a Sacramentum is a blood oath.  It was taken by essentially saying I swear, and my life is forfeit if I break it.   Within Catholics, the Amen with communion should be that serious.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Same. I've been going to Christian Church (Disciples of Christ with musical instruments) my whole life and had never even heard of it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Apollo Creed?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not concerned - but there again, I don't run around claiming to be a Christian pandering to Christian voters - so I sleep okay at night.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You seem concerned.
I'm not concerned - but there again, I don't run around claiming to be a Christian pandering to Christian voters - so I sleep okay at night.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who is glad the guy with the nuclear button doesn't run on superstition?
View Quote
Wouldn't bother me if he did.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh noooo... just ask GD, he's a devout Christian
View Quote
Just stop....LOL.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I the only one who is glad the guy with the nuclear button doesn't run on superstition?
wow
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
wow
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
wow
Everybody believes in something.  Maybe Trump believes in UFOs.  Who knows.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody who thinks Trump can find a church without a GPS is naive
Link to GD posters making this claim.

This thread is tarded.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the personal attack... CoC anyone?  And from a life member too
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
triggering the fuck out of people - lol
Quoted:
Like his _ cousins his purpose is twofold.  Cause angst and controversy over nothing while filling the forum with ever more garbage and secondly to try and get as many members banned as possible.

I take that second post of his as admission of his intent to trigger people.  Wish site staff would time out or ban these clowns.  Arf would be much better off.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Like his _ cousins his purpose is twofold.  Cause angst and controversy over nothing while filling the forum with ever more garbage and secondly to try and get as many members banned as possible.

I take that second post of his as admission of his intent to trigger people.  Wish site staff would time out or ban these clowns.  Arf would be much better off.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Sure.... let's put Hillary! in his place...  
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I have no idea what the words are either and I've been a Christian since I was 7.

I doubt I'd read it either.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
OP HOW MANY SCOOPS OF ICE CREAM DID YOU HAVE TODAY?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#16]
three possible reasons:

like me, he hates singing and doesn't enjoy it
he's doing EVERYTHING he can to be quiet, non-obnoxious, and avoid getting criticized for drawing attention to himself.
literally, a nazi.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#17]
You don't need to go to church and know all the hymns to believe. To say otherwise is foolish at best. I owe no allegiances to any church.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]
How do you or any other never-trumper know that he "doesn't know the words?" Not everyone recites and sings in church. Some folks, like myself, say it in their heads. He was reading the bible, whether he knows the words or not, he could have easily read them out loud. Do you think he can't read either?  Why do you assume that the Kenyan born commie wasn't just mumbling BS?

Thread fail.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Never heard of an Apostle's creed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Put me down as yet another person that has never heard Trump described that way.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#21]
OP butthurt because trump doesnt memorize church words.  I dont gove a fuck, as long as my 401k is doing what it's doing, production at work is crazy and more money is getting in my account.  I dont care if Putin himself changed Democrat votes to Republican and he single handedly raised the don himself as long as hillary didnt win.  I dont care op bit I'm glad you do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Donald Trump is a Christian about like I’m a Zoroastrian, which is to say, not at all.  And I could not possibly care less.  The only thing I do care about at this point is getting Barrett moved into Ginsburg’s office.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer but Trump and his third, Slovenian born wife, did not....interesting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-goes-donald-trump-not-reciting-apostles-creed-singing-hymns-bush-funeral-224539097.html
View Quote

@Jkcoon No one fucking cares, find another forum like Democratic Underground if you want to find someone that cares.  Kay, bye.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Gorsuch.
Kavanaugh.
Soon, Ginsberg's replacement.

Every morning I wake up smiling because Clinton is NOT President.

For small blessings, large thanks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer but Trump and his third, Slovenian born wife, did not....interesting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-goes-donald-trump-not-reciting-apostles-creed-singing-hymns-bush-funeral-224539097.html
View Quote
Hell I'm a Christian I had never heard of it till the other day.  But to answer your question.....yes Obama can read stuff printed on a paper.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been a BAC for.....45+ years. I don't know the Apostles Creed. I've heard it a couple times. I've never ever been to any kind of service where it was recited.....in 45 years.

That said; two Corinthians walked into a bar......  and said there are more important things to get your panties in a wad about OP.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They would. They're mad because they burned their reputations telling us he couldn't beat Hillary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I swear some of you would be happier had Hillary won.
They would. They're mad because they burned their reputations telling us he couldn't beat Hillary.
I swear, 90% of GD would drop to their knees and fellate him if given the chance.

Christ almighty.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you black? Is your screen name racist? Just wondering.....you being Christian and all....
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mr Coon - your post was moronic.  Specifically, your attack on Trump for not being a "devout Christian", just because his lips weren't moving during a recitation.

Satan knows that stuff.  He would have known (and recited) every word.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only a fucking idiotic cock sucking moron would say that.

http://www.ar15.com

/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif
Mr Coon - your post was moronic.  Specifically, your attack on Trump for not being a "devout Christian", just because his lips weren't moving during a recitation.

Satan knows that stuff.  He would have known (and recited) every word.  
Yes he would have but he would have had fingers crossed out of sight...and grinning without showing it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Surprised you know the definition of the word Church....
View Quote
atheist but not a theist?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I bet OP hates yoga too.
Quoted:

View Quote
maybe not. But you have just proved you don't know much about Christianity

Life hint, we don't all do the same thing.

*methodist and I have never been to a service where we said the Apostle’s Creed, or a Baptist service for that matter*

PS I have no idea what denomination Trump is because I don't care. His job is to make this country great, not say a fucking prayer.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#32]
This photo appears to show the Trumps didn't have copies of the service program.
Note Mrs Carter did, both Clinton's did, Mrs Obama has her foot on hers. None in sight
for the Trumps. Under this circumstance, I wouldn't necessarily expect them to know the words
to the hymns or even the words to that version of the Apostle's Creed. In that case, one stays silent.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Spot fucking on.  Fuck you, underscores.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
The smiley indicates sarcasm, ergo, not a genuine attack.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My theory is the Trump is a Secret Jew!  
View Quote
Which explains why he despises the secret Muslim.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You seem concerned.
So, which version of the Apostals Creed or the Lords Prayer?   I'm Lutheran LCMS, and I promise you I would not run my yap at a Episcopalian service, just sit quietly and respectfully.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of all the things one might be legitimately critical of Trump, this isn't one of them.  This is just dumb.

You do realize OP that not all Christian denominations recite the Apostle's Creed and it's entirely possible that Trump simply decided not to participate.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never heard him say shit about religion until he was running for President.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I know the Lords Prayer but I never heard of the Apostles Creed...
View Quote

This guy?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Much ado about nothing.. can't figure out why this is a big deal to a bunch of heathens
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's right.
Makes no difference about anything at all.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Didn’t vote for him for his faith
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Probably true.

The same thing could be said about me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably true.

The same thing could be said about me.
Not me. I can’t throw a stone around here without hitting two.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Nobody ever thought Trump was a church-going man.  Nobody.  Third wife?  Really?

They thought he would pick judges who reflect their values, and that's one thing he has pretty much done.

Not to break any news, but Trump is a bullshit artist.  He says what people want to hear.  So Mexico will pay for the wall, we're getting great healthcare cheaper, the deficit is vanishing, he's super religious and so on.  It's all bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Never heard him say shit about religion until he was running for President.
View Quote
He is among other things a multi-millionaire type individual and worldly because of it.
So, I might suggest before passing judgement upon this man, or any other, then walk
a mile or two in his or in their shoes, that being, if it were even a possibility at that.
The Christian Bible clearly states that it is God who installs all leadership and authority
anywhere, and likewise is the cause of leadership and that one's authority over others
to be no more.
You don't have to be an expert at anything in order to be sincere.
I believe that President Trump is at least that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think Trump probably talks about religion less than any President in modern history, including our leading secular progressive Barack Obama, who is more likely to be an atheist than a Muslim.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
…..The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer.....
View Quote
Obama...the great pretender....

2 Corinthians 11:13-14
Verse 13..For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. Verse 14..And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Obama presenting himself as an angel of light....disgusting!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Which explains why he despises the secret Muslim.
View Quote
Uh oh now you did it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Trump is not a Christian and I don't care.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

Did he claim to be Catholic or Presbyterian?  Because most denominations do not recite the Creed...

What some people choose to find an outrage amuses me.  Not you, but other thoughtful poutragers, you're just spewing up the pablum you were fed yesterday.

Maybe that NPC thing has some validity after all.
View Quote
Exactly...  I grew up in a Methodist Church where the Apostles Creed was said every Sunday morning.  We left the denomination and went to a Baptist church when I was 14.  Been Independent Baptist ever since.   I'm 51 now and haven't been in a service that said it since then.  Knowing the creed is not what makes someone a Christian.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top