User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are some quality exceptions.  

Taylor's American Dream series are all solid wood, made in the U.S.A. and under $2500.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/TAD_jpg-2695517.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All solid wood
American-made
Under $2500

Pick two...
There are some quality exceptions.  

Taylor's American Dream series are all solid wood, made in the U.S.A. and under $2500.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/TAD_jpg-2695517.JPG

The Taylor Urban Ash GT is 1.5k as well, I’ve been thinking about buying one, I like small body guitars.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I would have to disagree.  LOTS of great guitars being made today.  Lots of crap too.  People want to compare to the great guitars of the past like pre-war Martins or 59 Les Pauls.  Well, remember these were not cheap guitars even when new.  Very expensive and truth be told many of the LPs had poor tolerances and needing shims etc.  Not all of the Martins had "it" with perfect ringing tone.   What we see of the exceptional examples of craftsmanship and materials that survived.  

I have guitars that IMO are equal or superior to anything made in the past.  I grant you it isn't entry level price.  But the choices are abundant.  My go to is a Kevin Ryan Nightingale.  I believe it is as quality an instrument as anything Martin ever made.

Where I agree is most people restrict themselves to a budget that delivers a poor instrument.  The crap from China flooding the market turns people off of playing.  Poor action.  Shit tone.  Even if they accidentally do fret a chord right there isn't positive feedback.

View Quote

I should have pulled the trigger on the Kevin Ryan I was looking at in the 90’s.  Great instruments.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I should have pulled the trigger on the Kevin Ryan I was looking at in the 90’s.  Great instruments.
View Quote

I used to buy at least a guitar every year.  Since I got the Ryan - zero,  Think I found the one.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top