Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to use slip, then I switched to mobil 1. Cheaper, larger quanity, and has worked for me for thousands of rounds on multiple ARs

I just pour a small handful(maybe a quarter size), lay the bcg on top, close my hand, and work it over like a late night duo.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 1:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like you.  

Mind you, manufacturing grease requires either a grease reactor or a continuous process set up.  There are only a limited number of companies with the required hardware to produce grease.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All of this conflict over gun lube. Gun lube.

I'm going to buy some CB to piss off the "Mobil 1 4VR" types and never use it to  piss off the "CB roxx" types.
I like you.  

Mind you, manufacturing grease requires either a grease reactor or a continuous process set up.  There are only a limited number of companies with the required hardware to produce grease.
After speaking (getting a doctorate level crash course) with the owner several times, I can assure you it ain’t repackaged stuff.  The owner (Dallas) is a mad scientist genius.  I’ll send you a bottle free if you’d like.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
think ill have to try a bottle out just to see how it compares to my beloved slip2000
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#4]
What I find funny, that after all these years and all the companies and technology to make lubrication.... all of a sudden, these Cherry lube dudes come out with THE magic formula... the one to rule them all....

What are the odds.....

What I want to know is what happened to the gun butter guys???

And Slide glide??

And Machine gunners lube??

And Frog Lube??
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a bottle of Cherry Balmz I'll gladly send to someone interested in it.

I find it to be a great lube.  It doesn't ooze out all over the place, and seems to last longer than the frequency at which I clean a rifle or pistol.  I shoot suppressed 75% of the time, and usually once a week minimum.

The applicator brush in the bottle is pretty nice too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have to admit that I'm not usually one to fall for hyped-up products (like Cherry Balm seems to be).  Based strictly on all the testimonials here, I'm seriously thinking about ordering some.  I have a Taurus 24/7 that will only run when it's absolutely dripping wet, and even then only for a couple of magazines.  Once the oil has run out, it chokes worse than the 2016 Atlanta Falcons. If this Cherry Balm stuff can make it run, then I'll hail it as the greatest gun product ever, of all time, for realz.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have to admit that I'm not usually one to fall for hyped-up products (like Cherry Balm seems to be).  Based strictly on all the testimonials here, I'm seriously thinking about ordering some.  I have a Taurus 24/7 that will only run when it's absolutely dripping wet, and even then only for a couple of magazines.  Once the oil has run out, it chokes worse than the 2016 Atlanta Falcons. If this Cherry Balm stuff can make it run, then I'll hail it as the greatest gun product ever, of all time, for realz.
View Quote
Look one post up.

You have nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get a bottle for $7. There’s no reason not to try it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What I find funny, that after all these years and all the companies and technology to make lubrication.... all of a sudden, these Cherry lube dudes come out with THE magic formula... the one to rule them all....

What are the odds.....

And Slide glide??

And Frog Lube??
View Quote
They're still around. Hell I see guys still claiming to use FC. For me its the consistency of CB that I like. Sure, maybe its a thinned down Mobil grease or something. I have no clue. But its smooth and light enough that it doesn't bog down the BCG speeds like a #1 or 2 grease would. It contains no PTFE which is a good thing for some people. It also comes in a pretty damn handy bottle size with an applicator built right in
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#10]
slideglide was trash, froglube was trash, fireclean was cooking oil, 90% of the people in here singing cherrybalmz praises are cola warriors, and they are a sponsor. hmmmm......
we know what the next hype oil is now. gonna stick to royal purple grease and not buy into the fad.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
where at in GA?  if you want, PM me and i'll get you a bottle to try
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
slideglide was trash, froglube was trash, fireclean was cooking oil, 90% of the people in here singing cherrybalmz praises are cola warriors, and they are a sponsor. hmmmm......
we know what the next hype oil is now. gonna stick to royal purple grease and not buy into the fad.
View Quote
plenty of sponsors that I don't/won't use or recommend their products.  I don't care what you give me for free, if I don't like it I'm not going to try and sell it
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
SlideGlide isn't trash but don't let that sideline your silly conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm half blind, and wear glasses for everything. I try to keep things on the simple side, and not get in the weeds with maintenance, cleaning, etc.

I used to be a big proponent of running everything WET, and always ended up with shit all over my glasses/face since I mostly shoot suppressed.

I tried a few different greases like Aeroshell in lieu of running wet, but ended up supplementing with CLP, Rem Oil, etc on the range to keep things going.

I switched over to CherryBalmz after recommendations from others here, and now run it on just about everything because it seems to keep everything the right amount of "wet", without continuously fowling my glasses.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
90% of the people in here singing cherrybalmz praises are cola warriors, and they are a sponsor. hmmmm......
View Quote
If I hadn't gotten a bottle at a Cola Warrior event I probably wouldn't have tried it.  It's fair to be skeptical of reviews that come from a relationship like that.

All I can tell you is that after replacing the lube I had been using on two different guns (a dirty 22/45 that gets shot to shit and always chokes up as it gets dirty and a finicky new AR build that wasn't running right with the standard lubes I had been using on everything for years) and seeing how much better both guns ran with CB stuff, I ordered and happily paid for more than the one small free bottle I got from them.

The other thing about companies that sponsor CW is that they're not paying us to hype their shit.  They're giving out free products to folks they know are actually going to get out and use their shit and test it.  The type of company that associates with Cola Warrior sponsors events not because they want people to shill for them online, but because their company wants honest feedback and reviews of their stuff and knows if they're a sponsor their stuff will be used at CW competitions by lots of people using lots of guns in lots of different conditions and they're going to get some good feedback on how their shit works for people who do more than take pictures of their guns.  I wouldn't be talking them up if I'd just gotten a free tiny bottle and then done nothing with it.  I appreciate them sponsoring Cola Warrior, but if I didn't think it was a good or effective product I'd thank them for sponsoring and never bother with their stuff again.  I certainly wouldn't waste my time talking about it on here, or spend my own money after the event to buy more of it.

Take that for what you will.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I have found that K&N Air Filter oil is best lube. Change my mind.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I remember when the Cherrybalmz fad first started. Looks like it's in full swing and about to wind down now. Wonder what product will be next...
View Quote
We’ll probably do another two or three months of Froglube again....

“YOU ONLY THINK IT SUCKS BECAUSE YOU DIDNT FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!”
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have found that K&N Air Filter oil is best lube. Change my mind.
View Quote
brake cleaner is obviously the best lube.

spray everything down. Let it air out for about a minute, reassemble the gun and get to shooting...
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I got drunk with the maker as I learned about the dangers of teflon.

The guy knows his shit and the product works. Is it WAYYY BETTER than mobil 1? I dont know, both work well for me. I do know that my 22/45 does run objectively longer between cleanings on CB than anything else I've used, including SLIP. Thats worth it for me to keep using it.

Quoted:
View Quote
did any of those guys offer their products for free to guys running guns covered in nasty muck and mud, in pouring rain? Did any of those products work? Because CB did.

Lol at buying Royal Purple and then criticizing people for following a fad. C'mon man
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is it WAYYY BETTER than mobil 1? I dont know, both work well for me. I do know that my 22/45 does run objectively longer between cleanings than anything else I've used, including SLIP
View Quote
You're in the same boat I am.  The old school, traditional stuff worked pretty well for me on most of my guns so I didn't bother with anything else, just got annoyed at how often I had to clean up/re lube my 22/45 to keep it running.

Then I was having trouble with a new AR build and cleaning my 22/45 for the millionth time last year, and decided "what the hell" and tried the bottle of CB I had.

22/45 runs much, much better, the AR ran well when it was choking using oil....turned me into a believer, especially given how finicky that damn Ruger is.

Slowly switched over to CB on all my guns, even the ones that were running well with conventional stuff based on that experience.  Steel challenge, USPSA, IDPA, training classes, Cola Warrior....I shoot a lot and CB works really, really well on everything I've used it on, pistols, ARs, rimfires, etc.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Been waiting two days after I paid for my shipping confirmation, CherryBalmz.  Any fucking day now...
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#23]
The nature of technological progression is that we discover more about specific issues and can develop products that better address those specific problems. So yeah, while not a "disruptive innovation," a new gun lube is worthy of consideration when it meets or exceeds certain standards. If a firearms owner wants to experiment a bit, considering it's so inexpensive, there's really no downside to trying a new gun lube with such high recommendations.

I bought the "Try 5" at the suggestion of a shooter I trust. If it doesn't work better than my old trusted lube then it's an easy switch back.

My issue is that I clean my weapons after every shoot, which means that I'll go throw a bottle of CB more quickly than their written estimates.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My issue is that I clean my weapons after every shoot, which means that I'll go throw a bottle of CB more quickly than their written estimates.
View Quote
You don't need to clean so much.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I swear by that stuff. And it's used by the Marine Corps.
View Quote
Just because Marines use it, does not mean it is "good".

I prefer Lucas Gun oil (its the green lube with the needle applicator built into the top of the bottle)

On Hot 115+ degree AZ days it stays put in my 1911 rails without running/seeping down to the muzzle and getting oil stains on the inside of my pants. And in my suppressed SBR's it stays on the BCG's way longer than anything else.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I remember when the Cherrybalmz fad first started. Looks like it's in full swing and about to wind down now. Wonder what product will be next...
View Quote
Frog Lube
Fire Clean
Cherry Balmz

All trendy bullshit. Frog lube does smell awesome, I loved that about it...but I learned my lesson when that crap turned to a super sticky tar inside my gun and was a bitch to remove.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I prefer Lucas Gun oil (its the green lube with the needle applicator built into the top of the bottle)

On Hot 115+ degree AZ days it stays put in my 1911 rails without running/seeping down to the muzzle and getting oil stains on the inside of my pants. And in my suppressed SBR's it stays on the BCG's way longer than anything else.
View Quote
just because the marines use it doesnt make it good, it was good before the marines started using it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I go shooting in the desert 3-5 times a week as its 10 minutes from me and I have more free time than anything.

Have already shot out an AR barrel this year and will probably need a 2nd one on another gun replaced soon as well. Shot my Mk12 ModH so much this last few weeks I managed to blow the set screw on the collar suppressor mount off (not sure how that even happens).

Have shot almost 25k in pistol this year so far and my round count on my Barrett MRAD is over 3500 since January (mainly 308 and 6.5 with some 338 in there).

I use whatever is sitting around; CLP, Mobil 1, whatever is in the shop. Clean only when merited due to accuracy dropping off or in the case of the suppressed carbines the chamber gets it every range trip and the barrel every few k rounds. Zero issues. Zero need for whatever the fad is.

I don't run into many people that shoot as much as I do yet they are usually the ones that obsess over what gun oil and cleaning products you need to use.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I picked up a sample pack of CherryBalmz

Will see how it works.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some of the sources are actually, no shit, in a active war zone and using it. And they say it's working very well.

Froglube is a bad example because Cherry Balms isn't actually a POS product and is being shown to work in all conditions. Ya know.... like dust filled Air in Syria....

and if a Soda company gave me free drinks, but it was ass. I'm not going to drink it, or tell everyone it's good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have dedicated research teams to come up with your opinion on why you don't like Slip 2000? Because the Marines do have dedicated research teams for this. And they threw it at a battery of tests and it performed amazingly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Slideglide is the tits if you use it for what it’s meant for. Froglube was fuckin coconut oil or something. As long as it’s petroleum based, which CB is, you’re good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Frog lube does smell awesome, I loved that about it...
View Quote
Somehow I ended up with a container of it, I think I bought it when I saw it on sale during the peak of the fad. I haven't actually used it but I keep it around to sniff now and then
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Frog Lube
Fire Clean
Cherry Balmz

All trendy bullshit. Frog lube does smell awesome, I loved that about it...but I learned my lesson when that crap turned to a super sticky tar inside my gun and was a bitch to remove.
View Quote
Frog lube and fire clean are totally different things than CB.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frog Lube
Fire Clean
Cherry Balmz

We're discussing arfcom fads.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
slip2000 ewl

put that shit on everything.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What are the odds.....

And Slide glide??

And Frog Lube??
View Quote
PM me your address and I’ll send you a bottle for free.  What do you have to lose?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Been waiting two days after I paid for my shipping confirmation, CherryBalmz.  Any fucking day now...
View Quote
Haven’t heard anything, either.

I’m growing tired of Kentucky Jelly toast.

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What are the odds.....

And Slide glide??

And Frog Lube??
View Quote
He has multiple products for different environments.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Frog Lube
Fire Clean
Cherry Balmz

View Quote
Cherry Balmz does not turn to tar. That I know for sure.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the odds.....

And Slide glide??

And Frog Lube??
And different gun types, like Bolt Balm and Ma Deuce Juice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Some of the sources are actually, no shit, in a active war zone and using it. And they say it's working very well.

Froglube is a bad example because Cherry Balms isn't actually a POS product and is being shown to work in all conditions. Ya know.... like dust filled Air in Syria....

and if a Soda company gave me free drinks, but it was ass. I'm not going to drink it, or tell everyone it's good.
View Quote
Pat fuckin Rogers is who recommended me Slip2000.

He was 100% a guy like youre talkin about.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

PM me your address and I’ll send you a bottle for free.  What do you have to lose?
View Quote
Send me 5 and I’ll pay for them and shipping.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the odds.....

And Slide glide??

And Frog Lube??
Your on.. PM sent
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don’t think I’ve cleaned my suppressed SBR in 5-6 thousand rounds now. Put CB on it like two years ago. Still runs.

Don’t really care what it’s made of, don’t have any intrest in figuring it out.  It just works.

Also ran out of bar oil for my Chainsaw which was causing it to bind up badly. Only had Cherrybalmz, so we coated the chain with that and was able to run the saw all weekend
View Quote
The owner of cb was at cola warrior west 2. We ran out of bar oil and used cherrybalmz with same results.

I've also used it on my tile cutter, bike chain and beard trimmer and a cpuple other things i cant think of right now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Hmm I just received my 5 pack and damn these bottles are TINY.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the odds.....

And Slide glide??

And Frog Lube??
Hell, can i take you up on that offer if he doesnt?

Poor college students need to keep their guns running as well!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hell, can i take you up on that offer if he doesnt?

Poor college students need to keep their guns running as well!
View Quote
Based on my experience with their free stuff, I've also bought and got more CB goodness to share.

PM me your info and I'll send you some to try.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hmm I just received my 5 pack and damn these bottles are TINY.
View Quote
I had the same reaction. I'm also surprised how long it lasts. Still on my first bottle and I've greased a lot of guns with it!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 1:54:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I got the sample pack.

Lubed up my blk sbr.

Which one for handgun?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top