BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It should also be noted that this rifle was put together with parts they had laying around the shop...

And its still better than anything Marlin, Ruger and a whole host of "real" gun manfs have done in a long, long time (if not ever)

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It should also be noted that this rifle was put together with parts they had laying around the shop...

And its still better than anything Marlin, Ruger and a whole host of "real" gun manfs have done in a long, long time (if not ever)

+1 There's nothing on that AK I WOULDN'T use.

Very nicely done.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
How are you supposed to cowitness your irons??

I think that rail gets in the way.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I like it.  Especially the diopeter sights.  Whoever said the sights are worthless has never spent time with HK rifles or subguns.  I ran an MP5 on swat for several years, and hands down,  they are the best rifle sights out there.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm not a big fan of co-witness.

Spent alot of $$$ to get front and rear flips - don't like to co-witness. Nuthin' like having two sighting systems to choose from when trying to hit one target.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It's ok I guess, but it needs the two most important things that the AK design is missing: a better selector and a bolt hold open. Without those it's just another AK really. Sombody needs to make an American Galil or SIG 550.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Polished turd.

I love my AKs, but I also see them for what they are. Cheaply made rifles, designed to be utterly reliable, while sacraficing accuracy, fit, and finish.

That one does look really cool, but I doubt it will ever match a decent, basic AR for accuracy, and considering that good maintenance will keep an AR running well, I doubt this is much more than a high priced toy for people who want something cool looking and different. Like me.

+1  Looks good, I'd take one...but it's still an AK.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's ok I guess, but it needs the two most important things that the AK design is missing: a better selector and a bolt hold open. Without those it's just another AK really. Sombody needs to make an American Galil or SIG 550.

AK's don't have a bolt hold-open???

Crap, that.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AK's don't have a bolt hold-open???

Crap, that.

Neither do older HKs
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

He stated over at Lightfighter that this was something just thrown together with parts laying around the shop and that the next rifle will have a bolt hold open
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He stated over at Lightfighter that this was something just thrown together with parts laying around the shop and that the next rifle will have a bolt hold open

now I am VERY interested
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

now I am VERY interested

I'd be more interested with a thumb safety.

To all the complainers... this is the kind of experimentation, innovation and development (be it evolutionary or revolutionary) that needs to happen to get better firearms both for the mil and civilian markets.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then I'd buy one today.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
btt
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That rail looks to be in a plane that blocks the use of the rear sight to me too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top