BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
there is still SO much about the ocean that scientist haven't even discovered yet.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you could get big bucks for it in Japan.

And of you did Captain Bubba and the Sea Shepard pirates would be on your ass for it ...

Pfft...they throw stink bombs, and I throw 5.56

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it big enough to rape?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If its eyes are inside of a transparent head, then what is the point of those "eye" things on the front of its face?
They look like lids with no balls inside. What is the point of having eyes that are not used? Evolution generally does not care about cosmetic needs.
Do they open up when the eyeballs rotate forward? If so, why bother. If you have a transparent head to see up, why bother with eye holes to see forward? A holdover from the earlier form I guess.

Video said they were olfactory organs
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If its eyes are inside of a transparent head, then what is the point of those "eye" things on the front of its face?

They look like lids with no balls inside. What is the point of having eyes that are not used? Evolution generally does not care about cosmetic needs.

Do they open up when the eyeballs rotate forward? If so, why bother. If you have a transparent head to see up, why bother with eye holes to see forward? A holdover from the earlier form I guess.

Cool, nose eyes! (Obviously I did not see the video, just the picture).

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn fish should be ashamed of itself.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, nose eyes! (Obviously I did not see the video, just the picture).
Thanks

Least you didn't argue that fish can't smell under water. I've had that "discussion"

I actually thought they were eyes at first. Makes the face creepily human like.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Ocular evolution.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:30:22 AM EDT
[#9]
cool fish bro
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Scientist claim we've only discovered 10% of life in the ocean. I can't imagine what else is out there in the deep blue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wonder how that would taste in a Sauce Piquant?

You know us coonasses will eat anything.

I love sauce piquant, I am sure it would taste great since just about anythng in sauce piquant tastes the same.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:23:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I personally welcome our new swivel eyed, clear headed fish overlords.  But in the event of a rebellion, what round would be appropriate?  Birdshot?

According to the video that fish is like 2" long (or there abouts) I am guessing anything larger than strong words might be sufficient.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#13]
It looks like it has a head full of gin and tonics.  Kind of reminds me of a boss I had.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is it big enough to rape?

Naturally. It's the only obvious question.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a hi-res closeup, expecially of the muscles along the ddorsal area behind the clear head.

I wonder how the clear connects to the muscle. I wonder what the clear part is made of.

Jellyfish implants.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Smart fish.

He musta got hold of Scotty's transparent aluminum formula after some dumbass government employee threw it off a pier because he couldnt make it work, and re-worked it into transparent skin.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn fish should be ashamed of itself.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The video called them olfactory organs, i.e. smellers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#19]
the eyes are inside the clear dome,

so that when it steals food from a jellyfish

its eyes do not get stung

It prolly took them 87 million years to evolve that out

Hey mom! look at what Billy is doing!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There not eyes there nostrils.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a hi-res closeup, expecially of the muscles along the ddorsal area behind the clear head.

I wonder how the clear connects to the muscle. I wonder what the clear part is made of.

answer:  fish

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top