Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Henry no doubt
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a old browning bl22 fully engraved with the gold trigger for 200 bucks in November love that little thing lazer accurate for my old eyes
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Grandfather gave me his Marlin 39A when I was 10. I don't know what they cost now but I see mostly Henry 22LR levers at LGS.
View Quote

Beat up Marlins bring New Henry money in my area. Truly nice 39A's bring as much as $800.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Chiappa LA322 rifles are cheaper Marlin copies that take down too. They’re pretty reasonable considering.  Henry is a solid USA company and the Imperatos are good people. I knew Mr. Lou before he passed, good guy that used to supply NYPD back in the day.

https://www.chiappafirearms.com/product.php?id=447
View Quote

Fuck Chiappa, ever since word got out that they have RFID chips on their guns and they said if you don't like it wrap the gun and your hand in tinfoil.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
A couple of Sportsman Warehouse's I've been to have the Browning BL-22 Micro. I have one sitting in my safe and it's a great shooter. It's going to the 1st grandbaby whenever that may be.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fuck Chiappa, ever since word got out that they have RFID chips on their guns and they said if you don't like it wrap the gun and your hand in tinfoil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Chiappa LA322 rifles are cheaper Marlin copies that take down too. They're pretty reasonable considering.  Henry is a solid USA company and the Imperatos are good people. I knew Mr. Lou before he passed, good guy that used to supply NYPD back in the day.

Somehow I missed that one.  MKS which is hi point was apparently happy about the RFID chips.  I mean, I personally woudn't care, because the chip would be coming out with a quickness, but I can see a bullshit argument that it amounts to defacing a serial number.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
First post!

Golden boy is what you seek...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Henry makes a youth model, depending on his physical size that may be a better choice than the normal one
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Somehow I missed that one.  MKS which is hi point was apparently happy about the RFID chips.  I mean, I personally woudn't care, because the chip would be coming out with a quickness, but I can see a bullshit argument that it amounts to defacing a serial number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Chiappa LA322 rifles are cheaper Marlin copies that take down too. They're pretty reasonable considering.  Henry is a solid USA company and the Imperatos are good people. I knew Mr. Lou before he passed, good guy that used to supply NYPD back in the day.

It was something about Italian law requiring the chips for inventory tracking. The company could have very easily said that, and the chips are easily removable by end users. Instead they came up with the tinfoil line.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A Marlin 1895 is typically in 45-70...you'd need the adaptors to shoot .22 out of it.  Which, might actually be sort of cool.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I would recommend a pump over lever.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Winchester 251 that I enjoy shooting,  they come at reasonable prices on the market.  

I plan to part with mine when the panic goes full retard.   Along with some other firearms I am not using regularly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#13]
A couple of years ago I picked up a used Browning BL-22 for $150.00. Was a little rough looking but that thing is really fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Problem is buying the bullets
Unless you ante up for match ammo
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Old marlin's going to be the cheapest route.
View Quote

Link to cheap Marlin .22 lever guns please.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not seeing any Henry's under $400.  And shipped prices seem closer to $500 with the "smoothbore" model...whyever you'd want no rifling.

View Quote

Sounds like it's made for shot shells.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My Grandfather gave me his Marlin 39A when I was 10. I don't know what they cost now but I see mostly Henry 22LR levers at LGS.
View Quote

Way more than Henry’s
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You’re kidding, right?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#19]
OP I don't know where in PA you are but

Henry Mares Leg $475 22mag

There are a bunch of Rossi on there, I don't know if they are any good but they are cheap.

eta

Marlin 1957 39a will ship for $30

Marlin 39A (shipping available) Listed In: Rifles     Share:      $ 550
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Got a Henry golden boy for Christmas from my folks. I’ve put about 250 rounds through it so far. It’s a blast and the action is very smooth. This is the first lever I have ever handled or shot but I can tell I’m going to enjoy it for as long as I can keep it fed lol.

Only thing that I’m a little disappointed in is that it’s a cosmetic replica of the original Henry rifle. I always thought they were mechanically the same.

Either way I like mine
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not any more...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not any more...

Not in about 8-10 years.  

A new Henry was cheaper than an used Marlin.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I gave my mom a Henry in 2019, because she has always loved lever action and never had one. Yeah I got to give my mom her grail gun. I got the octagonal Barrel on with a custom serial number. Think I paid under 400. It shoots awesome. I’m wanting to get myself a silver boy. Maybe after I finish my priority firearms.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought my oldest a Browning .22 several years ago. Only because I didn't like the looks of the Henry. Don't remember the exact price, but I know it wasn't cheap. Only problem is it's "his" and his two younger brothers  can't touch it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cheap and lever action don't really go in the same sentence, but Henry.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a BL-22 Grade II that my dad bought for me when I was very small.

Truthfully, though, you can get a quality bolt gun for what a nice lever will cost you.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OP I don't know where in PA you are but

Henry Mares Leg $475 22mag

There are a bunch of Rossi on there, I don't know if they are any good but they are cheap.

eta

Marlin 1957 39a will ship for $30

Marlin 39A (shipping available) Listed In: Rifles     Share:      $ 550
View Quote

Thanks for that but we're going the wrong way price-wise, plus I'm on the opposite side of the state about 4 hours away.  

Thanks though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been trying to get a Henry lever action 22 for months. They finally came back in stock today but sold out instantly.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top