BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
his current girl (Theron) doesnt like guns, so he got rid of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe even closet Arfcommers? Post them up. I'll start it off with Korn front man, Jonathan Davis. During an interview he stated that his favorite things to do when he isn't doing the band thing is riding ATVs with his kids and traveling around, taking carbine courses.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Sean Penn is an active gun enthusiast and is a staunch supporter of 2nd amendment gun owner rights for....Sean Penn......

his current girl (Theron) doesnt like guns, so he got rid of them.
He chose...poorly.

I'd take guns over that crazy bitch any day of the week.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sean Penn is an active gun enthusiast and is a staunch supporter of 2nd amendment gun owner rights for....Sean Penn......
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe even closet Arfcommers? Post them up. I'll start it off with Korn front man, Jonathan Davis. During an interview he stated that his favorite things to do when he isn't doing the band thing is riding ATVs with his kids and traveling around, taking carbine courses.

Elitist asshole

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Kurt Cobain had a shotgun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that hunting and gun enthusiasm don't always go hand and hand.

That being said, Chipper Jones and John Rocker are big hunters.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
16: Jonathan Davis from Korn: "I'm a gun-freak and a die-hard Republican." Need any more proof, there?" Jonathan Davis on Obama. "He’s basically dragged this country down into the worst it’s ever been." "Like I say about the White House, ‘You’ve built this house of shame.’ Everybody looked up at the White House and America, and now I think it’s like a house of shame. I miss the old days when people were proud to be American.”
View Quote

I want to believe this, but didn't they do a concert about two years ago that was free to obama voters? Maybe that was some other band.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Most country artists I've met are gun owners and a few are enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Milla Jovovich  

First, the gun stuff:
A New York Metro article about her:

Don't be surprised to find Milla Jovovich joining NRA president Charlton Heston at a gun-rights rally. After several months of combat training to prepare for her role as a zombie killer in Resident Evil, a new sci-fi movie based on the popular video game, the starlet has a newfound affinity for firearms and has become a regular at her local Los Angeles shooting range. "I love guns," she told us while signing autographs at Planet Hollywood in Times Square last week. "I just get such a sense of power. The karate and kickboxing was okay, but give me a gun and I can do serious damage." She doesn't have her own gun yet, but may get one soon: "A handgun, obviously -- I mean, the machine guns are a little heavy and complicated."

View Quote

I thought I saw quotes from the past where not only was she very liberal, but did not like conservatives, period.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought I saw quotes from the past where not only was she very liberal, but did not like conservatives, period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Milla Jovovich  

First, the gun stuff:

A New York Metro article about her:

Don't be surprised to find Milla Jovovich joining NRA president Charlton Heston at a gun-rights rally. After several months of combat training to prepare for her role as a zombie killer in Resident Evil, a new sci-fi movie based on the popular video game, the starlet has a newfound affinity for firearms and has become a regular at her local Los Angeles shooting range. "I love guns," she told us while signing autographs at Planet Hollywood in Times Square last week. "I just get such a sense of power. The karate and kickboxing was okay, but give me a gun and I can do serious damage." She doesn't have her own gun yet, but may get one soon: "A handgun, obviously -- I mean, the machine guns are a little heavy and complicated."

Hollywood liberal, Soviet child

Jovovich seems to be liberal, although she hasn’t endorsed any Democrats. She actively supports the legalization of gay rights by attending GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) events3 and tweeting about her support of gay marriage:

Gay marriage is not a moral issue, its a legal issue. Its abt filing joint taxes, buying property 2gether etc…gay ppl pay taxes remember!4

You can decide for yourself if you think her appearing on the cover of the marijuana advocacy magazine <em style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 15px; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">High Times[/span][span style='border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 10px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; height: 0px; line-height: 1;  ']5[/span] makes her sound any more liberal or not.

And although she doesn’t have much to say about U.S. politicians, she attended the 80th birthday party of Mikhail Gorbachev and had some kind words to say. Her parents left their former home for political reasons,[span style='border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 10px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; height: 0px; line-height: 1;  ']6[/span] so Jovovich had personal stake in the reforms Gorbachev initiated in her home country. At a teary speech during the event, the actress said,

When I left the. . . former Soviet Union in 1980, my family and I never expected to see our family and friends again. . .  and it’s because of Mr. Gorbachev that we all were able to open our country and to come back and to have our people come to us and reunite with our family and friends.[span style='border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 10px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; height: 0px; line-height: 1;  ']7[/span]

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Elitist asshole

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elitist asshole

Yeah, I think Sean penn is about as left wing as they come.  Iirc he agreed to do government sponsored acting classes in Venezuela and is a big fan of what Che stood for.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I want to believe this, but didn't they do a concert about two years ago that was free to obama voters? Maybe that was some other band.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
16: Jonathan Davis from Korn: "I'm a gun-freak and a die-hard Republican." Need any more proof, there?" Jonathan Davis on Obama. "He’s basically dragged this country down into the worst it’s ever been." "Like I say about the White House, ‘You’ve built this house of shame.’ Everybody looked up at the White House and America, and now I think it’s like a house of shame. I miss the old days when people were proud to be American.”

you must be thinking of the rhcp or the boss...

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Michelle Rodriguez

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Tom Waits isn't an enthusiast but he owns a gun.

Slate: What kind of gun?

Waits: I have the gun! Oh, in my fireplace, I guess it’s some kind of Colt .45. … I don’t really know guns. And you wouldn’t believe the things she had in her purse. I can’t even tell you. It scared me as a child. http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2011/10/25/tom_waits_discusses_his_new_album_bad_as_me.html
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
This guy likes shooting. A real fud they say.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Karl Malone grew up riding pigs and hunting. Bo Jackson likes to bowhunt. Just saw on twitter today Deangelo Williams(Carolina Panthers RB) had killed a gobbler.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Trace Adkins pretends to but said this in his book
He favors a 7 day waiting period and an AWB, says assault weapons are probably fun but we don't need them or missile launchers

Insert Johnny Cash's middle finger pic here, I would but the iPhone won't let me
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

At the risk of sounding stupid and/or not getting a real answer, is the member with that screenname actually him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not necessarily surprising but the fact that Maynard James Keenan is as into firearms as he is makes him an even cooler Motherfucker.

At the risk of sounding stupid and/or not getting a real answer, is the member with that screenname actually him?

Don't think so. If it is it has never been confirmed as far as I know.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I vaguely remember something about Robert Downey Jr being pro gun, or something like that.

Anybody remember?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Zoltan Bathory from 5 Finger Death Punch is a big gun freak, he even takes the tactical training classes.

He's also former Army.

If you do the Facebooks, check out his page and go through the pics.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I vaguely remember something about Robert Downey Jr being pro gun, or something like that.

Anybody remember?
View Quote

Don't remember anything specifically progun, but I remember him crediting his prison time for turning him Conservative.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Katee Sackhoff.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Zac Brown
Brian Urlacher
Bo Jackson
the late Walter Payton
Craig Morgan
Justin Moore
Luke Bryan
Gretchen Wilson
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Don King has an extensive firearms collection.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Chuck Woolley
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Aaron Lewis of Staind.

View Quote

Oddly enough I just met him at the NRA convention.  Real nice guy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Mark Wills.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Yea, I didn't expect to see Clapton there...

According to an interview with The Sun in 2008, Clapton took up
shooting in 2003 and has built up quite the collection of firearms
including many high end shotguns.

The singer/songwriter said, "I like a gun to look like a working tool but it’s a magnificent piece of art as well.”

Clapton liquidated some of his collection in 2008.

"It is following the same pattern as when I collected guitars,” he
says. "I get obsessed, then engulfed and finally narrow the collection
down.”

Trust me Mr. Clapton, we can all relate.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would hope after the well publicized arrest oh I dunno, damn near a decade ago everyone would know about John Popper.

David Spade keeps (or kept) a shotgun under his bed and he gave Phoenix PD money to buy AR's when he read a news article crying that they didn't have enough budget for new rifles.
View Quote

Iirc it was 100k that he gave them and since then I have seen PD with a bunch of POF rifles.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Alice Cooper

Owns all the James Bond guns.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Alice Cooper

Owns all the James Bond guns.

View Quote

I was at his house for Christmas a few years ago. I would have asked to see them if I had known.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Joan rivers
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#31]
A former senator and a former astronaut

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Forgot about Joe Rogan as well.  Apparently he's been elk/muley hunting in Montana the last few years and he's had a lot of hunters/outdoor guys on his podcast lately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of MMA guys seem to be into guns, but they're a different breed IMO compared to celebrities.

Frank Mir
Donald Cerrone
Brock Lesnar
Matt Hughes
Josh Barnett (I think from an interview he did, but I'm not sure).

And others I'm sure I'm missing.

Johny Hendricks would be another.

Forgot about Joe Rogan as well.  Apparently he's been elk/muley hunting in Montana the last few years and he's had a lot of hunters/outdoor guys on his podcast lately.

Dana White, UFC President, has a massive gun collection including multiple .50 Cal rifles.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Trace Adkins pretends to but said this in his book
He favors a 7 day waiting period and an AWB, says assault weapons are probably fun but we don't need them or missile launchers

Insert Johnny Cash's middle finger pic here, I would but the iPhone won't let me
View Quote

Sixtigers

Posted from my iPhone
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Katee Sackhoff.
View Quote

I would do naughty things to her....
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Marilyn Manson has described himself as right wing, and also said that hardcore liberals are the people he wants to punch in the face the most. He also described Bill Clinton as "fucking America in the ass with his Communist cock."
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Perhaps not well known in the US, but... Canadian
Hippy peace-nik singer/song writer Bruce Cockburn has a somewhat insightful opinion on guns..

Quoted from an interview:

King: You are or have been a handgun enthusiast and target shooter. Can a man of peace own handguns? 

Cockburn: I don't want to get into a debate about gun control. In Canada it's kind of a nonissue, because we have plenty of guns, and we don't have a gun-crime problem. 

I do think the Second Amendment to your Constitution is legitimate. In the context of the time in which it was written, it was entirely appropriate to make sure the populace was not going to be a pushover for a military takeover. But that was an era when the military wasn't much better equipped than the population. 

In the current context you can't outgun the authorities. They've always got bigger guns. It's about knowledge and information now. So if you want to protect your constitutional right to defend yourself, the way to do it is through having enough information that you can make sound choices, and through demonstrations of the sort we've seen against the World Trade Organization and the Iraq War. An armed response to government oppression is not effective other than as an attention getter. The thing that scares them most is people knowing the truth; otherwise they wouldn't go to such lengths to keep it from us. 

Personally, I think that in a democracy the authorities should not be the only ones who are armed. The best-case scenario would be if nobody was armed. But if the cops are going to have guns, then people should have them too. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats funny, and original.

"I like guns...I just enjoy shooting them...at targets."

-Kurt Cobain, 1992
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Maya Angelou

"I do like to have guns around,” she told Time’s Belinda Luscombe when asked if she shared her mother’s fondness for firearms. "I don’t like to carry them. But I like — if somebody is going to come into my house and I have not put out the welcome mat, I want to stop them.”

"Have you ever fired a weapon?” the interviewer asked.

"Of course!” Ms. Angelou affirmed. "I was in my house in North Carolina. It was fall. I heard someone walking on the leaves. And somebody actually turned the knob. So I said, "Stand four feet back because I’m going to shoot now!” Boom! Boom! The police came by and said, ‘Ms. Angelou, the shots came from inside the house.’ I said, ‘Well, I don’t know how that happened.’”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/3/poet-maya-angelou-i-do-have-guns-around/#ixzz30Jg3GrDc

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Hunter S Thompson was a big gun guy. There is a great video of him and Conan together shooting guns. HST seems drunk.

Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKq5wmCz0wM

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Might be a surprise or two on this list:
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/11-pro-gun-celebrities-yes-they-do-exist/#

According to an interview with The Sun in 2008, Clapton took up shooting in 2003 and has built up quite the collection of firearms including many high end shotguns.The singer/songwriter said, "I like a gun to look like a working tool but it’s a magnificent piece of art as well.”

Clapton liquidated some of his collection in 2008.

"It is following the same pattern as when I collected guitars,” he says. "I get obsessed, then engulfed and finally narrow the collection down.”

Trust me Mr. Clapton, we can all relate.

The funny thing about that list is that there isn't a single person on it that I don't like as an artist.....guns aside.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

-Kurt Cobain, 1992
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Kurt Cobain, 1992

The best thing Kurt Cobain ever released was the safety.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Jerry Lee Lewis.         I've seen the holes in his walls to prove it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Buddy Hacket has a large gun collection.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Porn star bree olson
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Elvis had quite the collection.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#50]
A Class III dealer I know has done business with Alice Cooper and Steven Tyler.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top