BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I must be one cold-blooded mother fucker but I fail to see the issue with one dead cat

You think that's bad?

I was wondering if this would be easier than setting a live trap for feral cats.

Toss some Ambien out in the fields and let the yotes have a treat...

TRG
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Has time of death been determined yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Kitty sez "MOAR PSYCHOTROPICS PLEESE!"
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If his pecker does not go down in 4 to 6 hours, contact a vet.

I lold
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
OP please post pics of your roommate.It is the rule you know...
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's what it was, he's already dead.  Just moving around and not aware he's dead yet.

If you want to be nice, call your roommate and see what he/she says about it. A vet could probably make him puke it up.

Cats cannot "spit" something out, they toss things around in their mouth and it usually falls out.  A dry pill with a wet tongue basically means it's getting swallowed because it won't fall.  They rely on fantastic upchuck ability to get rid of items ingested that way.

Also, recreational prescription drugs are bad, mkay? The type of place with roommates and ambien on the floor seems like one step away from a felony stop and loss of firearms. The only people I know that have pills go missing randomly (in couch cushions, floor, etc.) are taking drugs relationally and mixing them with booze. Maybe clean up your act?  and your apartment for that matter.

Wow... jump to conclusions much?

I'll make DAMNED sure to tell my wife who is always dropping and losing pills to clean up her act?  Since she's a preschool and Sunday school teacher, I am sure she'll agree you.

But you know her... recreationally popping those hormones and washing them down with Diet Coca-Cola.

If the only people you know that have pills go missing are recreational drug users, maybe... just maybe... YOU need to clean up your own life and re-evaluate the people that you let into it.  Sounds like you know some winners.  Just don't project that onto the rest of us.

I think the point he is trying to make is that someone who drops highly toxic prescription drugs on the floor is being careless by not making sure they pick them up.  When I was taking prescription pain meds for my issues I would drop one on the floor occasionally, but I would make sure that I found it and count them out to make sure I wasn't missing any.  I didn't want to find one of my cats or children dead from taking something they thought was a treat.

If I had young children it would be a totally different story.  Cats do NOT equal people, no less your own kids.  Pain meds and ambien are two different things.  I had a rod removed from my leg 3 months ago, and was on all kinds of pain meds.  A little tiny pill you drop in the dark, in your own room is no one else's business.

My door to my room is closed ALL of the time.  I am mildly allergic to cats, and don't want it anywhere near my bed.  The fact that my room mate cracked my door after I had left for work (which she has done before) has nothing to say about me.  If you lived alone would you lock your sidearm up, or leave it in a drawer next to the bed?  Think about it.  I have my room and door shut because I want it that way.  

You should always expect no privacy when living with other people.  It seems like it might be a good idea to get your own place.  Then you can pour your pills on the living room table and roll in them and not have a single bit of worry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hope the poor thing doesn't suffer or die, but it's still pretty funny.

On an unrelated note i saw a Yorkshire Terrier eat a 10mg? Adorall once (half amphetamine pill)...i never saw a dog literally fly through the air until that point
It lived, but i don't think it ate anything for a few days

Speed

My roommate's stupid Boston Terrorist/Pug mix ate about a quarter ounce of pot once.  It had an...interesting night.  Survived, though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit there sure is a lot of fucking cat loving, high horse riding, judgemental hand wringing in ARFCOM these days.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The cats gonna be tripping balls.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some meds that work in humans dont metabalise the same in pets /animals.

Drug dog I know ate enough cocaine to kill several people. He's fine.

How many hookers did he have?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#11]
The cat's fine, he ordered about 5k worth of hookers and blow last night while i was asleep.  I had to call Amex and tell them I did NOT make any purchases last night.

But he's fine.  From what I could tell he was "high" or whatever last night, just walking funny and eyes glazed over.  I may have to make sure he doesn't start looking for my pills, he may have enjoyed the experience.

I'm thinking of buying him a mouse to play with instead of looking at my fish.  I've let my room mate know that he is NOT allowed in my room, because he may have died last night.

Ya'll really want pics of her?  I don't really care, I'll throw em up here for ya.  I don't think she's very good looking (hence dating someone i do!) but I guess I'll play by the rules.

ETA- pics when someone can tell me where to find the cheapest price on a LWRC 6.8 PSD upper for my new SBR.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Holy shit there sure is a lot of fucking cat loving, high horse riding, judgemental hand wringing in ARFCOM these days.

Go cry, emo kid.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
My dad was taking a ambien every morning before he went to work because he thought the Doc had prescribed him a new Blood Pressure medicine. Luckily he owns the business so when people were coming in his office and he was asleep in his chair they couldn't say anything. He went to the Dr. thinking something was wrong with the new Blood Pressure medicine and then he foudn out it was ambien. Just to clarify it was a accident and he isn't a recreational drug user.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top