User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking on Craigslist: $2500 is the new $500 in used cars.

I just paid off our 2nd car - 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S with 57k miles bought new (in 07).
The car drives great. Gets good mileage (28 to 32mpg), has a 20 galon tank and has been completely reliable.
Problem we both hate the looks of it.

I don't want to finance another car so am either looking at trading it and cash on a used car ($15k range).
Or buying a 3rd used car for $7k to $9k.

Looking at Volvo wagons right now. A wagon would be more useful to me than another sedan.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Stacey David (Trucks/Gearz Host) Say's it best...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THqnKKLD2rw

His show is made for ADD spazes.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i think the Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 was the most clunkered suv

the yupie owners got a new v6 and the resale market got burned

thanks 0bama!

I see your Cherokee and raise you...

There's a special place in HELL for these guys.

Man, I wish I had a Corvette.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Selling for a living, I can tell you a few things.

The single fastest thing that is going away for the average middle income family is a Brand New Car. Median pricing on Quality new cars is almost $30k or $500-$600 per month. This is what has killed the used car market. When I take beaters in on trade, I generally have 4-5 "lemon lot" wholesalers bidding on them. I have taken cars in that are giant pieces of shit, filthy, needing repairs. If it starts, drives and has 4 tires on it, it is worth $500 / $1000 trade in wise minimum.

The car companies are pushing us to increase "CPO" or Certified Pre-Owned Sales. Used cars with bigger warranties and better interest rates.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
So I sold the car for $800 because I couldn't bring myself to bait and switch the guy I talked to.

The brakes were horrible though. I mean they could have failed in the next 100 miles and left you stranded on the side of the road bad. Nasty metal on metal grinding.

Guy who bought it was going to fix the brakes and slap some new tires on it. He told me if he put $800 into this $800 car, it would still be a good deal from what he's been seeing on craigslist.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top