Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:51:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good shoot.

BTW an Oakland PD officer lives behind my parent's house in Woodland, CA...70 miles from Oakland. He commutes.

How the flaming heck can you be an Oakland LEO if ya don't live in Oakland.

Most departments have some sort of residency requirement...

Not in Cali.  They dont pay me anywhere near enough to live in the community i work in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Oakland cops can afford Mercedes-Benzs?  
Damn I picked the wrong job.  

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Oakland cops can afford Mercedes-Benzs?  
Damn I picked the wrong job.  

Good shoot.

You need to buy used.  A nice used C class (the old 190) can be had for $16k and will last for 400k miles with normal service.  If you commute, it is also quiet and comfortable and very safe and cheaper than a new Ford Focus.  Reasonable mileage, too.  You can get a used E-class for $25-30k.  Same deal.  If you treat maintenance as you should, a MB will last for a very, very long time so "used" or "new" is not much of a difference.  Many of the cars that come off lease have only been serviced at the MB dealer, too, so you know exactly what was done.  The nice thing about a car like an MB or a Volvo is that they continue to work well after the payments are done.  If you commute, it is actually an economical choice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why was it necessary to mention that he had a Mercedes Benz? Why not just say he was "gassing up his car?"

What's wrong with saying he had a Mercedes, or a Ford Pinto, or whatever, as long as it's a fact?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't you know man - ONLY LEO can handle this situation.  If you had made the same decision to protect yourself - you would have been labeled a gun toting fool!

That is why you NEVER - hardly ever - Hear about law abiding citizens acting in the same manner as this LEO.

Good For him.  Glad he is safe and sound.  Glad he will not have to pay $30K to defend himself.

but still a big Bummer for the rest of us!

He will have to defend himself, some lawyer will take him to civil court and say that multiple shots was cruel and unusual.

A California jury will give the man at least 10 million.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't you know man - ONLY LEO can handle this situation.  If you had made the same decision to protect yourself - you would have been labeled a gun toting fool!

That is why you NEVER - hardly ever - Hear about law abiding citizens acting in the same manner as this LEO.

Good For him.  Glad he is safe and sound.  Glad he will not have to pay $30K to defend himself.

but still a big Bummer for the rest of us!

He will have to defend himself, some lawyer will take him to civil court and say that multiple shots was cruel and unusual.

A California jury will give the man at least 10 million.

Hence my question above about multiple shots in California.   In Texas it would be unlikely that emptying a magazine into someone who didn't go down until the last round would be seen as anything other than a "heat of the moment" thing.  I can't speak for policy, I can't speak for CHL guidelines, but most cops that I have known over the last 25 years and everyone who has been through CHL classes is told "shoot until they stop posing a threat, i.e., lay still".  I was told specifically to "shoot them to the ground".
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I am glad the officer could defend himself and his property as is his right.

I just wish that other citizens had the same ability.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:43:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am glad the officer could defend himself and his property as is his right.

I just wish that other citizens had the same ability.

I agree 100%

And I am a LEO
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Sure.  It must have been a cop.  I mean, it's CA, right?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know, there are still people out there who think Jews don't have guns.

THAT'S FARKING HEELARIOUS!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sure.  It must have been a cop.  I mean, it's CA, right?

no, the fact that it was reported means it was a cop. illegal ccw folks in CA do the same thing and just run away. usally no shots fired but still. I know of a guy thats life was saved from a passerby that had an illegal gun. the poor guy and his little brother were getting beat by a gang for no reason, dude rolled up in a car and pulled a gun told everyone to leave or die they left then he sped off.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top