Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]

What was the deal on shipping? I understand the USPS doesn't allow body parts to be mailed.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]
don't ever let your kids just take it.

evade and only defend yourself when necessary.

i was bullied for years. until 1 day i snapped and beat the ever living shit out of my attacker he had 2 black eyes. they left he alone after that.

i never did get the chance to get the other one, i wanted to.

then the next year they started again this time my teachers and the principal helped me.
the cops and the principal telling them to leave me alone or they were going to be in some serious trouble.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 4 boys, and a girl.  My girl, I don't worry about, she's quick with words, and that's how they do it.  She also has 4 older brothers, nuff said.

My boys all know the rule, never hit first, always hit back.
The second youngest is a middle schooler, very mild tempered, nice kid.  He got poked at a few times for his trouble in going out of his way to be nice.  I told him that the next time some kid walked past and hit him in the head, turn and punch them in the mouth.  Being a good kid, he did what he was told.  School called, I explained the situation, and it all worked out.  I took him for a treat after school, for manning up, and he hasn't had a problem since.

The younger boys have had no real problems, my high schooler has had a few after school meetups, and seems to be no worse the wear for it.  He has learned to pick his battles though.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Bullies only understand one thing...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There are times in life when you just have to stick a 2x4 up your back

and start handing out knuckle sandwiches.......

Mr. Fortier, you've been hanging out with the Scout Platoon again,haven't you?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are times in life when you just have to stick a 2x4 up your back
and start handing out knuckle sandwiches.......

Amen....
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I send my son to school everyday with a Sig P226 9mm.  He doesn't have many problems with bullies

In fact, just yesterday, he came home with "protection" money.  I think he's found a new gig.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#8]

I fear for these kids that are being taught to turn the other cheek.  Once they get out of school and find out that the real world is Dog eat Dog how will they handle it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#9]
There will always be bullies. I learned quick to not take shit , but also how not to get caught. Walk away while teachers/admin are around. Pay back doesn't have to be immediate, but it needs to leave a lasting impression when it is dealt.

With that said, always defend yourself no matter what the cost. If a punch is thrown I will kick the shit out of whomever where ever I am.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I know I will have to deal with this eventually, since my son is one of the smaller kids in his class. He was born 10 weeks early and has always been a bit behind in size. He knows to fight back and fight back HARD if he is assaulted. He knows that if just, I will not only support him, I will reward him. If the school gives us any grief, I will make clear that I will sue the shit out of everyone, especially the administration allowing this behavior, press charges against the other kid and/or family, etc. There would be a giant shit storm coming. Its absolutely outrageous that a school administration would expect a kid to sit there and get their ass kicked. It would probably be tempting to say to the principal, "so what would you do if i jumped over this desk and started beating your ass right now???" But that probably wouldn't be a good idea...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hypothetical question...

Say in school, you're getting bullied, including physical bullying (spitwads, messing with your backpack, ect... but not getting beaten up.). Say there isn't an adult that can help you, they are either unable or unwilling. Say the administration refuses to deal with it.

Does your school permit you to take reasonable action to stop the bullying yourself? (ie; standing up for yourself?)My school did not. You were expected to "be the bigger person", "walk away", and generally subject to the same treatment as the perpetrator if you retaliated or tried to defend yourself.

I always felt this was very wrong. Especially since you are stuck in school and have no practical way of avoiding someone if they want to harass you.

I'm curious what other people's experiences have been....

Not sure if my kids school will permit it, but I will. My daughters (8 and 5) both know already at this age that they will not be anyones punching bag or butt of serious jokes. They have been taught that if it can NOT be resolved with out going hands on, well then they go hands on and will NOT get in trouble with me.

I have taught then how, when, where etc to hit someone that will end a confrontation ASAP (I;m a police DT instructor at my PD).

They know NOT to be the aggressor but if they are on receiving end they ARE to reverse the tide and be on the Winning side, bottom line.

As for my School, I was bullied once by a senior when I was a freshman in highschool. it ended when I punched him in the throat and he fell to his knees infront of all of his friends.

J-
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hypothetical question...

Say in school, you're getting bullied, including physical bullying (spitwads, messing with your backpack, ect... but not getting beaten up.). Say there isn't an adult that can help you, they are either unable or unwilling. Say the administration refuses to deal with it.

Does your school permit you to take reasonable action to stop the bullying yourself? (ie; standing up for yourself?)

My school did not. You were expected to "be the bigger person", "walk away", and generally subject to the same treatment as the perpetrator if you retaliated or tried to defend yourself.

I always felt this was very wrong. Especially since you are stuck in school and have no practical way of avoiding someone if they want to harass you.

I'm curious what other people's experiences have been....

I stood up for myself as a kid.  I hit the guy right in the mouth, then he and his 3 buddies proceeded to beat the hell out of me.  We all got into trouble (me for hitting first)...them for piling on me...but after the suspension from school, I never had a problem from them again.

OttO
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#13]
"Zero Tolerance" = no....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#14]
No it is not allowed here also. I teach my son to stand up to the bullies and then walk away when possible. So far, afterwards the bullies just move on to someone else who will just stand there and take it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#15]
My boy was a nerd, graduated from College with 2 majors Physics and Mathematics (navy was after him for 2 years)

But when he was young in Middle school I made the garage into a a weight room, so he ended up being a nerd but one of the strongest kids in school so he never got picked on and made sure none of his friends were messed with, ended up graduating 3 in his class out of 800. far cry from his old man 73 out of 78 in high school.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No it is not allowed here also. I teach my son to stand up to the bullies and then walk away when possible. So far, afterwards the bullies just move on to someone else who will just stand there and take it.

As it typically is with types like this.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't really care what school policy is, it is public school and therefore mine can react to the bullying as if she were in any other public place and defend herself.  My parents were of the mind that I would be in trouble for starting it and/or not fighting back if able to do so.  I was 5'7  and 140 ish in high school and smaller in middle and elementary and talked my way out of a couple of fights, usually some dipshit with a hurt ego after a verbal beating that went over his head.  I never was bullied and did chastize a few for doing the bullying, never went to fists, though, didn't need to.  I feel the same for my girls, right is right and wrong is wrong, know the difference and act accordingly regardless of who is looking.

We're going fishing if she gets time off for defending herself.  However, small town ideals seem to be prevelant here so I don't know exactly how big of a deal it would be if she did swing.

Wes

ETA - spelling cuz uh my publik skool edumacation
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I told my kids a decisive victory was the key to ending  bullying.  They first had to give their physical antagonist 3 warnings, then beat them down until they quit moving.  If they followed procedure then I would deal with school authorities.  The daughter 8yrs old  planted the face of her antagonist into a piece of playground equipment and bullying stopped.  The son 6yrs old, layed out two older bullies at recess, bullying stopped.  No school issues either.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I always liked my friend's dad's approach.

If you get in a fight and lose, you are grounded. If you win, steak dinner.

This. And if the school suspends you for defending yourself, I'm taking off work so we can spend that time fishing or whatever the kid wants to do. Fuck the schools and teaching our kids to be cowards.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I bet these boys will have plenty of confidence to stand up to bullies as they go through life:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8778582/Children-filmed-in-disturbing-cage-fight.html

For those of you who wrestled or participated in a similar sport, you will understand.  This kind of sport forces the participant to come to grips with some very difficult emotional lessons.  The self control and confindence you gain is priceless.
Of course, as a parent, you need to make sure your kid is emotionally mature enough.  Some 8 year olds aren't ready.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck the school policy!

My kids have permission to defend themselves if they cannot extricate from the problem.

What he said.  I don't even bother to find out the school policy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top