Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Camping World Tells Trump Supporters to Shop Elsewhere — NASCAR Legend Mark Martin Cancels His $150K Order.

Link to GP
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Camping World Tells Trump Supporters to Shop Elsewhere — NASCAR Legend Mark Martin Cancels His $150K Order.

Link to GP
View Quote
UPDATE: Mark Martin later updated his stance on the company after speaking with the CEO.

“After a call from Marcus Lemonis today
regret my tweet yesterday. I believe many articles about his statement
were misrepresented.”
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
UPDATE: Mark Martin later updated his stance on the company after speaking with the CEO.

were misrepresented.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to GP

were misrepresented.”
Sounds like some shareholders are pissed
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People need to re-learn their demographics lately...
View Quote
Yeah.....I'm guessing that the majority of hard working Americans that have enough money to buy new RV's and Campers probably voted for Trump.  Good luck with that Camping World.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We need to do this CEO and the CEO of Gander Mountain a favor and help them spread their message to every hunter/outdoorsman we know. I'd be willing to bet Johnny Morris won't have such a message to send out but is pleased that these other idiots do.

Eta: just realized these "two" idiots are actually one and the same.
View Quote
This guy is who is buying out Gander Mountain. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice.

The Ron Hoover dealership right beside Camping World in my town is probably throwing a confetti party.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to do this CEO and the CEO of Gander Mountain a favor and help them spread their message to every hunter/outdoorsman we know. I'd be willing to bet Johnny Morris won't have such a message to send out but is pleased that these other idiots do.

Eta: just realized these "two" idiots are actually one and the same.
You even quoted the correction.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok.  

I won't shop there anymore.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
So a guy in charge of a business that caters to the Republicans, suggests the Republicans not shop in his store?

Geez how smart is this guy?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
The fact that ANYBODY is dumb enough to buy Gander Mountain is proof that the guy is a crayon eater.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit's way overpriced in any case, I only go there if it's an emergency, gotta have right now item.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#12]
That's funny. Well, I guess that makes my RV decision easier. I'm actually shopping used ones.

Too bad. They have a hell of a dealer network.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Boggles the mind, that business owners and/or admin would say, "Keep away with your money!"

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I heard a story on the morning news about Nascar's Mark Martin cancelling an RV order with Camping World. Hope it's true.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
People who run a business should keep their mouth shut. You are in business to make money, not preach morals or your social opinion.
View Quote
I think more business owners are going to start understanding that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I heard a story on the morning news about Nascar's Mark Martin cancelling an RV order with Camping World. Hope it's true.
View Quote
@TinSpinner

.....And he immediately pussied out and retracted his statement, saying that the CEO had been misunderstood. 

Martin can get fucked too, lol. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I went to Camping World's "Contact Us Online" http://www.campingworld.com/contact/# and left my comment.
Did the same on Facebook, where they are getting hammered.
View Quote
Thanks.  I sent a message.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@TinSpinner

.....And he immediately pussied out and retracted his statement, saying that the CEO had been misunderstood. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@TinSpinner

The article seemed pretty clear cut to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#19]
No Review option on facebook and they have a truly amazing ZERO comments on most posts on several of the pages I went to. Indiana location seems to not be on the ball deleting comments though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just heard Mark Stein filling in for Rush report it.  

If this is a Dupe, please nuke.
View Quote
Joke's on his ignorant commie ass...I don't shop there anyway. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder what the numbers are of NASCAR fans who voted for Trump?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@TinSpinner

View Quote
Well hell. Guess Martin is still getting endorsements after retirement via a free RV with a snappy paint job.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Lemonis looks like a smug twerp who has also sucked 9 miles of cock in front of his grandma.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Is this the Tim Allen show that got cancelled?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#26]
No problem, motherfucker.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't forget to review their app.

There were some hilarious CNN app reviews and I hope that arfcom can do its part on the camping world app

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I have purchased my last items from Camping World.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I took a quick look at Lemonis' Vimeo retraction.

Then shot CW Customer Service an email...

"Hello,After hearing the CEO of your company during his CNBC interview, and his attitude towards supporters of this administration, I am requesting that you delete all of my membership information from your sales and your Good Sam Club database, and no longer contact me for any reason.  This is to include postal mailers, advertisements, or advertising emails. I will no longer do any business with your company, and this is after spending quite a bit in your Camping World stores over the years, along with being a Good Sam Club member.In the original video, Mr. Lemonis clearly stated his position "...horrified by what we're hearing and seeing, um...from this administration...", and then went on to make the statement "..There's no doubt that there is probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple days and if they are, quite frankly, don't shop at my business,".  At this point, Mr. Lemonis was speaking specifically about the Trump administration. No other comments had been made to any other effect.  Mr. Lemonis' Vimeo statement is a false one.  He never referenced Charlottesville, and luckily there is a record of his original statement.  His Vimeo statement definitely answers any doubts about what he originally said. His attempt to re-write his original response to the interviewer is a blatant attempt, and one that will not work.Thank you for removing all of my customer information from all of your records, and for adding me to your do not call/do not contact list, as requested.Sincerely, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----------------------------------------

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for him to bail out, or for CW share holders to kick him out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I have no problem not stopping in any affiliated companies. Screw them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
People need to re-learn their demographics lately...
View Quote
FPNI

If I were the board, and my CEO of a company that did a ton of business with Trump voters said this, I'd fire his ass so fast his head would spin. For cause.

Damaging the company's value.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#33]
He just wasted a shit load of money sponsoring the NASCAR truck series.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@TinSpinner

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@TinSpinner

You do realize he still isn't buying the new rv right?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top