Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wasn't it not too long ago Kalifornicators voted down any tax increases?  

thats what i thought happened last nov. as well

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bumping...because this shit has potential to go countrywide: either state by state or by the Fed, IMHO.

Well, it would take a snap of the fingers for it to go national.  If it is not stopped in Calif, others will follow.

Even if it is 'stopped' it will be long after the fox has left the hen house before the door is closed.

And, the beauty is the taxpayers, who had thier money stolen, will watch THEIR money being used by the state funded courts to defend the theft.

1. Take the money
2. Get sued
3. Use the money to defend the suit

Rinse, repeat.

If the taxpayers do get any money back it will be AFTER the .gov settles, and the lawyers get their share.

The money is gone either way.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bumping...because this shit has potential to go countrywide: either state by state or by the Fed, IMHO.

Well, it would take a snap of the fingers for it to go national.  If it is not stopped in Calif, others will follow.

Even if it is 'stopped' it will be long after the fox has left the hen house before the door is closed.

And, the beauty is the taxpayers, who had thier money stolen, will watch THEIR money being used by the state funded courts to defend the theft.

1. Take the money

2. Get sued

Rinse, repeat.

If the taxpayers do get any money back it will be AFTER the .gov settles, and the lawyers get their share.

TRG

That's what I am TRULY worried about. This is insane.

It's tyranny. And I am TRULY suprised for the first time in a year by something.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
here's a thought, how about a 10% decrease in the fucking money it gives to the parasites?

Who is John Galt?

TXL

Maybe even cut out the sanctuary city shit for illegal aliens. Thanks to all the neocon pro amnesty fags in the GOP

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully the millions of idiots who live in Commiefornia will remain there and not spread their stupidity elsewhere.  They have infected northern Idaho with plenty of anti-gun, anti-hunting, over inflated house prices and welfare state politics over the last twenty years.  Enjoy your mess from the comfort of your barred windows and ghetto proofed doors.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife came up with a possible brilliant idea: change our withholding forms for the state government to take less out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm changing my home of record as soon as I get BAH.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I know one state now that I will never live in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is going to be the blueprint of how all of these states going broke are going to try to pay for it all.

Yep instead of not paying the lazy they keep paying them and take more from the working.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I know one state now that I will never live in.
Now? Really? Just now you decided?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

91,032 (not including me back in 2000!)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/AR-15_Paul/California%20Facts%20Graphs/SendingtoCalifornia.gif

Fixed it with a single mouse click ... damn people, it ain't hard ... that extra one percent of my pay check is safe!

I hate the ant burning more than most, but come on man - don't defend this crap.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I dont give a fuck how warm the weather is.
You couldnt pay me to live in that liberal fag hole.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there anyone who is still has a job in Calif?

This is just going to hasten the exit of talented, honest, hardworking people and leave a cesspool of Obama'ites on the left coast.

Making more money than ever actually ...

Good to hear it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
State FAIL

I'm glad us other states have a brilliant example of failed sums of legislation. It's like having a case study.

Too bad they're so stupid that they voted in Obama.

Yeah I guess the analogy would be more accurate to say a case study where the subject, CA for example, escapes its cage through its own actions and proceeds to cause harm on those merely watching and studying its actions.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#27]
how can that be legal? that's bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Mwhaahahahahahahha. Kalifornia wins again!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#29]
HA FUCKING HA

FUCK CALIFORNIA
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is this legal?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

"The provision is one of numerous maneuvers state lawmakers and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger approved in the summer to paper over the state's deficit. Many of the changes, including the extra withholding, were little noticed outside of Sacramento."

It's the government they deserve.
QFT

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck Kalifornistan.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Hopefully enough people move out driving down home prices so I will be able to afford something
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#33]
GET THE FUCKING WORTHLESS MASSES OFF OF WELFARE  

I'm glad I get to pay them Jack shit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm glad my state has no income tax.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#35]
So it sounds like all of the smart people will just change their withholding amounts to get around this?
And I'm guessing smart people = top earners, so will CA really get much out of this?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So it sounds like all of the smart people will just change their withholding amounts to get around this?
And I'm guessing smart people = top earners, so will CA really get much out of this?

I am AD USAF so I dont need to. I used to pay and get it all back, but after that last IOU I decided Fuck this and filed exempt. I wonder how long until they cancel that option out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Money seized from the taxpayers to support the freeloading invaders.

This.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I claim, I think 5, already, for a family of 3. I owed the state $1500 last year, so if they add another 10%, I'll still owe them money.

So, no, they aren't getting a dime from me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anyone think they will pay you back after you passed away???

What makes you think I'm planning on dieing?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You'll get the money back eventually.

Famous last words....
No wonder people are leaving that state in droves.  Pretty soon, they'll have to tax the remaining people 100% just to live there.
HH

Yeah, but the problem is they leave and start the same BS again in the state they just moved to.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
California is one place where a tax on everything sold there would make sense.

Since the illegals which make up almost 10% of their southern population and pay no taxes.

So put a 15% tax on everything.

we almost allready do! 9% sales tax

buy a car? 9 % sales tax PLUS 2% registration "fee"

buy gas? 9% sales tax + Fed highway tax + state highway tax!

own a LLC corperation in California? $1,200 a year to register! $200 for the same in NEVADA

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
And here, ladies and gentlemen, is what is so horrifically fucking Orwellian about withholding schemes. The government has direct access to your paycheck...and as such, what's to stop them from simply taking more money when they want it, tax or no?

Answer: Nothing.

Here's hoping that somebody sues their ass and that a court somewhere in that area with some common sense whaps the Cali officials on the nose with a newspaper and says "No! Bad politician! No donut!"

Seriously, folks....if this kind of thing doesn't scare the living shit out of you then you're asleep. This is going beyond the power to tax...this is the equivalent of government officials coming to your house and taking your car at gunpoint. "We'll bring it back when we're done with it."

The mindset that actually lets a politician say "Why don't we just take more from withholding in people's paychecks?" is so fucking scary I can't even put it into words. THIS is what liberalism buys us...the absolute abolition of all property rights. Everything you have belongs to the government and if you're lucky they'll let you have some of it when they are done taking care of their campaign promises.

This ought to lead to a taxpayer revolt that would make Prop. 13 look like a pre-school game of duck duck goose.

People ought to be melting the phone lines to the governor's office and to the legislators asking them where the fuck did they get the right to simply confiscate people's property without compensation...and they should use those words. "Where the fuck do you get off, Arnie?"

John, every now and then, you are my fucking hero.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is what is so horrifically fucking Orwellian about withholding schemes. The government has direct access to your paycheck...and as such, what's to stop them from simply taking more money when they want it, tax or no?

Answer: Nothing.

Here's hoping that somebody sues their ass and that a court somewhere in that area with some common sense whaps the Cali officials on the nose with a newspaper and says "No! Bad politician! No donut!"

Seriously, folks....if this kind of thing doesn't scare the living shit out of you then you're asleep. This is going beyond the power to tax...this is the equivalent of government officials coming to your house and taking your car at gunpoint. "We'll bring it back when we're done with it."

The mindset that actually lets a politician say "Why don't we just take more from withholding in people's paychecks?" is so fucking scary I can't even put it into words. THIS is what liberalism buys us...the absolute abolition of all property rights. Everything you have belongs to the government and if you're lucky they'll let you have some of it when they are done taking care of their campaign promises.

This ought to lead to a taxpayer revolt that would make Prop. 13 look like a pre-school game of duck duck goose.

People ought to be melting the phone lines to the governor's office and to the legislators asking them where the fuck did they get the right to simply confiscate people's property without compensation...and they should use those words. "Where the fuck do you get off, Arnie?"

At the same time, there are people that say its a good thing in regards to withholdings. After all, if you don't let the gov have direct access to your paycheck, then people could skip out on taxes. We can't have that.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#44]
They're preying on the stupid, isn't that natural law?

I'll be talking with my accountant about this, my business won't be paying any more taxes than usual.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Take the money

2. Get sued

Rinse, repeat.

TRG

If that comes to fruition, I am willing to bet people will decide the courts are not the best method of redress.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New Years Eve 2009 ....

Emergency Session of the Calif. Legislature....pass an emergency tax increase...10% across the board and the Governor is there to sign it immediately.  

Do you REALLY think they will give it back once they get it in their hands?

Illegal - the politicians can NOT pass or increase taxes here. They have to find a way to trick fuck us with a nod and a wink from the courts.
And coming soon to a "here" near you!

People coming in here bashing Cali are not seeing the whole picture...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:23:38 AM EDT
[#47]
I assume this is being done to avoid filing for bankruptcy, (how a State government does this is beyond me but I guess a State can file for bankruptcy).

The libtard politicians in California pass communist types of laws and programs over the years and it leads to this situation.

Rather than admit their error and just be honest by filing for bankruptcy, they seek to force an interest free loan upon the residents.

This is communism if I ever saw it.  Not to mention cowardice.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I assume this is being done to avoid filing for bankruptcy, (how a State government does this is beyond me but I guess a State can file for bankruptcy).

The libtard politicians in California pass communist types of laws and programs over the years and it leads to this situation.

Rather than admit their error and just be honest by filing for bankruptcy, they seek to force an interest free loan upon the residents.

This is communism if I ever saw it.  Not to mention cowardice.

So I'm guessin you are completely unfamiliar with state and/or federal income tax returns...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
yeah, but I can surf in janury, pack up and go snowboarding to the mountains and be back at my bev hills house to bbq in 80 degree weather

all while wearing shorts

Yep, we got good weather.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top