Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill making California the first state that allows family members to ask a judge to inhibit speech by a relative who appears to make hate speech.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]

The lawsuits will continue until these people stop shitting on the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel for you folks in California. I have family there. One block away from the ocean in Venice Beach and I loved visiting as a kid. What a shame what has happened to California. Fucking North Eastern Liberal Trash ruining the place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
A government for the people by the people. The Californian citizens voted these people in. This is what the citizenry wants. There is not a majority to speak against this. This is good government. And with Governor Brown WAY ahead in the polls You'll get another 4 years of him.

Jerry Brown will have 4 terms in office. He mustn't be that bad.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who knows. One of those bills goes after fucking BB guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today is his last day to sign, veto, or let it pass without signature. So far no word on the worst of the laws, but he signed the one allowing family to petition a judge to take away a family members gun rights.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill making California the first state that allows family members to ask a judge to remove firearms from a relative who appears to pose a threat.

Brown announced the bill signing Tuesday. It was proposed by several Democrats and responds to a deadly rampage in May near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_XGR_GUN_VIOLENCE_RESTRAINING_ORDER_?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-30-15-56-25

Unofficial word from another site: According to NBC Los Angeles:

SB-199 SIGNED

AB 1014 - SIGNED

AB 1609 - SIGNED

SB 808 - VETOED

So what is now legal?

Already had a lock down on BB guns.

Now it includes airsoft.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A government for the people by the people. The Californian citizens voted these people in. This is what the citizenry wants. There is not a majority to speak against this. This is good government. And with Governor Brown WAY ahead in the polls You'll get another 4 years of him.

View Quote

Shouldn't matter what the mob wants in a Constitutional Republic-the government and Constitution are supposed to be there to protect the rights of the minority (and a single person is the smallest minority) from mob rule by the majority.

Unfortunately,we are at the point of two wolves and a lamb voting for supper........
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I am Governor Jerry Brown.
My aura smiles and never frowns....

Im a SoCal native but Im honestly sad the current state is nothing like the one I grew up in and have such fond great memories from
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone the defends CA on the forums i just assume is anti gun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now it includes airsoft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today is his last day to sign, veto, or let it pass without signature. So far no word on the worst of the laws, but he signed the one allowing family to petition a judge to take away a family members gun rights.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill making California the first state that allows family members to ask a judge to remove firearms from a relative who appears to pose a threat.

Brown announced the bill signing Tuesday. It was proposed by several Democrats and responds to a deadly rampage in May near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_XGR_GUN_VIOLENCE_RESTRAINING_ORDER_?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-30-15-56-25

Unofficial word from another site: According to NBC Los Angeles:

SB-199 SIGNED

AB 1014 - SIGNED

AB 1609 - SIGNED

SB 808 - VETOED

So what is now legal?

Now it includes airsoft.

We lost the bullet button work around? When does it go into affect?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I will never set foot in Kali.  This I promise.  I will also not do business with anyone in Kali, for any reason, period.  If you want me to even accept that you are living, move the fuck out of that forsaken fuckstate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Hahahahaah so glad I moved out of that state.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Please show where anyone has defended anti gun laws in California.

I don't know how you've made it this far without making my ignore list.

We'll take care of that...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Screw California and their worthless government.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I will never set foot in Kali.  This I promise.  I will also not do business with anyone in Kali, for any reason, period.  If you want me to even accept that you are living, move the fuck out of that forsaken fuckstate.
View Quote

Easier said than done to move. You have to sell the house, find a job, find a new home, etc....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Then sue. If your statement has merit it will hold up in court.  I don't see many people lining up in the Golden State to take these laws to court. Again a government for the people by the people.

Quoted:

Shouldn't matter what the mob wants in a Constitutional Republic-the government and Constitution are supposed to be there to protect the rights of the minority (and a single person is the smallest minority) from mob rule by the majority.

Unfortunately,we are at the point of two wolves and a lamb voting for supper........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

BB, as in Daisy Red Rider.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
shall not be infringed..... unless your bil, mom, wife, sister,  decides they do not like you having guns.

nice to see that california has reduced your gun rights to the level of a 14 year old boy, living at home. your momma can ground you and take away your guns.
View Quote

In NYC when you apply for a handgun license you must have the application signed by anyone sharing your domicile that says they will agree to allow you to keep a gun on the premises.

I'm not sure if this also applies to long guns as well but IIRC it does.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Huh, it really is true...

...but not for me...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

/
Do you use facebook? Google? ebay? Drive a Honda? Watch movies? own anything Disney?  Activision? Adobe Systems? (ever use a PDF?) You have an AMD chip in your computer?  Craigslist? Dole Food Company? Fleetwood Enterprises (most RVs on the road) Hyundai Motor America? Levi Strauss & Co.? Linksys? McAfee? Mozilla Corporation(use fire fox?) Netflix? Hope you don't have a can of WD-40? YouTube? Yahoo?

That's just a short list. I'm 99.99999% sure you do some type of business with a California company
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Even if this happened, it'd only be valid in CA, right? You'd still meet federal guide lines for owning a firearm, so couldn't you just move to Nevada and buy a gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thank God California doesn't give extreme bias to women in the courts

in before mad gf/wife/exwife/SO gets her man's rights stripped without trial

Even if this happened, it'd only be valid in CA, right? You'd still meet federal guide lines for owning a firearm, so couldn't you just move to Nevada and buy a gun?

If you lose your gun rights in your state of residence, you lose your gun rights in all states and become a federal prohibited person, according to our good 'ol 922
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#21]
... vote Republican, or this will be what America looks like with Democrat majority in House, Senate & Executive offices
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#22]
And then there is this; the roster..........manufacturers are allowing their handguns to be removed.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1666139_Handguns_Recently_Removed_From_the_California_Roster.html

And the single shot exemption goes away January 1 2015.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#23]
How is it possible that California is still part of the United States? If the USA is defined by the constitution, California (New Jersey, New York, etc) surely cannot continue to be considered part of the same country. Same language, currency, TV networks, but NOT the same government.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
2 years, sweating the gun collection in my safe that NEVER went anywhere in San Dieg o County except when leaving it.
no carry, no shooting no nothing..hated Commiefornia for it's gun laws,,sorry it'll be apart of Mexico in 10 years..
View Quote

It's been a part of Mex, like south TX has been , only not recognized by the  UN , USA or Mex.YET............

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#27]
AB1609 will have a big impact on retirees and other dual residents. buy a gun in Arizona while staying at your winter home there with your AZ ID card. Want to take it to California when you head there in the spring, have to use an FFL to do so.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#28]
AB1014 just expands on what women have already been doing to men in family court forever.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

... vote Republican, or this will be what America looks like with Democrat majority in House, Senate & Executive offices
View Quote

Please.... the GOP is just as fucked up.

Mitt Romney

Chris Christie

Mark Kirk

John McCain

Pat Toomey

Susan Collins

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#33]
God damn California sucks
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn how many more laws can those fucks sticks create?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Is there such a thing as beyond full retard? Cause California has far exceeded full retard.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Damn how many more laws can those fucks sticks create?
View Quote

Hundreds, if not thousands every year.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#39]

These laws can become extreme.  We'll see what happens and hopefully some legal issues

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lynch mobs rule?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit, you remember how it is.  A very high percentage of California gun owners don't pay any mind as to what Sacramento says is legal or not.

WTF?

And some gun stores.  You would be surprised.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#42]
What does AB1609 do? Why is this one such an issue?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

WTF?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, you remember how it is.  A very high percentage of California gun owners don't pay any mind as to what Sacramento says is legal or not.

WTF?

I've seen some less than legal shit in the mountains.  Most of the guys I've talked to one on one don't follow all the laws.

Now me personally?  100% compliant with all local, state and federal laws.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What does AB1609 do? Why is this one such an issue?
View Quote

Dual residents like retirees and active military from California get screwed.

For example a young man in california joins the military. Maintains his parents home of record and a california drivers license. His base is in another state. He buys a handgun in that state with his PCS orders. If he takes that handgun home on leave he is committing a felony once this becomes law.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've seen some less than legal shit in the mountains.  Most of the guys I've talked to one on one don't follow all the laws.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?

Gun laws basically don't exist in the Sierras.

Federal, too. They don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

So basically like the Armed Mexicans in Mexico who are willfully violating the shit of the Mexican gun laws. Everything is legal till you get caught, and God help the one that catches you.

I keep telling my relatives in WV that the government exempting itself and it's agents from the laws they will vigorously inflict on the rest of the peasants will ultimately lead to some very bad shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I feel for you folks in California. I have family there. One block away from the ocean in Venice Beach and I loved visiting as a kid. What a shame what has happened to California. Fucking North Eastern Liberal Trash ruining the place.
View Quote

Northeast liberal trash don't move to Cali
They move to Florida
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#49]
All this shit and they took away your plastic grocery bags too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I emailed the Gov today. I wasnt the only one. Asking to have all the bills vetoed. I'm certain he didnt read them. I'm certain his staff didn't read them. He checked his bank account. Then signed those bills.

Makes me hate the state I am forced to live in.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top