Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lol at the people asking what to buy.

All of it people. Mags to shit you don’t even own. Buy it all.
View Quote

EVERYTHING!
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Newsom in trouble.

Calif. Gov. Newsom caught covering up massive $20B budget deficit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xGxIPvNksM
View Quote

FGN ...
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So what happened to those that have been charged with having high capacity magazines? I know in most cases it has been an add on charge to something more serious.

That that thread talking about the guy charged it was brought up that it was now the “criminals” duty to prove he bought the magazines during freedom week.  

It made me look and I did save my receipts.  Left them in the box folded up. Do we save receipts?
View Quote

I don't recall many, if any,  that weren't part of a cluster of charges of various sorts. TBH, unless they were serious felons (and even then it's maybe iffy), I'd be surprised if any of them are in jail over it.  Not sure stand alone if they are misdemeanors or infractions, etc.  The guy that got popped for having magazines out when his family member was subject to parole/probation?  Not charged, not required to prove when he acquired them.  It can't hurt to save receipts.  But with all the informal sales, etc., it's unlikely a lot of people have them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Free men should have been violating this the whole time.
View Quote

Free men have been violating this. They just don’t talk about it.

As soon as the first freedom week opened up there was no way to validate any mags at that point if there was no proof you had them before that date. Thus what the HONORABLE Benitez did was clear the books for all mags possessed prior to that week. Since that week any new mags trucked in illegally can’t be proven if they make it through the state with the exception of date stamps on them. If you found some pangs from 2015 for sale they can’t prove when you bought them. And of magpul was smart the mags would stop having dates on them. (At least for civvy sales.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
For those who like USGI mags, I've always gotten great service and shipping from www.topgunsupply.com
They have the new Oakeys in standard and E2 versions.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the NRA involved?  I can't find a clear answer.
View Quote

Credit will be claimed, followed by asking for more money to buy suits.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As soon as the first freedom week opened up there was no way to validate any mags at that point if there was no proof you had them before that date. Thus what the HONORABLE Benitez did was clear the books for all mags possessed prior to that week. Since that week any new mags trucked in illegally can’t be proven if they make it through the state with the exception of date stamps on them. If you found some pangs from 2015 for sale they can’t prove when you bought them. And of magpul was smart the mags would stop having dates on them. (At least for civvy sales.)
View Quote

What if you dropped that pmag, and the date code got messed up so you can't read it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What if you dropped that pmag, and the date code got messed up so you can't read it?
View Quote

All my date codes got lost in a boating accident.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or your mag body broke and you bought a replacement body with a later date code?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Or you bought a stipple iron and erased the date code with a hot drill bit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Brownells looks sold out, anybody could help out with G17 pmags link or site please?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How many should I  buy?
View Quote

All of them!
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if Cheaper Than Dirt will sell us mags?? Probably for a low price of $87 per Pmag.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Brownells looks sold out, anybody could help out with G17 pmags link or site please?
View Quote

@chrisprays

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/pmags/glockr/pmag17gl9-9x19-glockg17.html?mp_global_color=118
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Thanks brotha! Didn’t know they were shipping to CA
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free men should have been violating this the whole time.

You mean “amnesty for undocumented magazines”.
Yeah, some people might have done something.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks brotha! Didn’t know they were shipping to CA
View Quote

I am not saying they are.
But they were in stock.

Hopefully they will ship.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Or you bought a stipple iron and erased the date code with a hot drill bit.
View Quote

Far as I know theres no law against that is there? Its not like ripping tags of mattresses.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am not saying they are.
But they were in stock.

Hopefully they will ship.
View Quote

Got stoked for a sec
Not sure if they are. Sucks. Don’t think my psa order will go through
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Far as I know theres no law against that is there? Its not like ripping tags of mattresses.
View Quote

Its not illegal to rip off mattress tags if you own the mattress.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Got stoked for a sec
Not sure if they are. Sucks. Don’t think my psa order will go through
View Quote

Sorry i should have clarified first.  
Magpul worked hard to get Mags to Coloradans before their mag law went into effect.
This was also during the 2012/13 panic.  

Keep watching their site.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you President Trump!

In buttressing the significance of the self-defense right the Second Amendment enshrines, Judge Lee discusses

Perhaps the most poignant and persuasive reminder of the fundamental right to self-defense…the denial of that right to Black Americans during tragic chapters of our country's history….Post-Civil War state legislation and the Black Codes in the South deprived newly freed slaves of their Second Amendment rights…Meanwhile, armed bands of ex-Confederates roamed the countryside forcibly disarming and terrorizing African Americans….Our country's history has shown that communities of color have a particularly compelling interest in exercising their Second Amendment rights. The Second Amendment provides one last line of defense for people of color when the state cannot — or will not — step in to protect them

Appointed by President Trump.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_K._Lee
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thank you President Trump!

In buttressing the significance of the self-defense right the Second Amendment enshrines, Judge Lee discusses

Perhaps the most poignant and persuasive reminder of the fundamental right to self-defense…the denial of that right to Black Americans during tragic chapters of our country's history….Post-Civil War state legislation and the Black Codes in the South deprived newly freed slaves of their Second Amendment rights…Meanwhile, armed bands of ex-Confederates roamed the countryside forcibly disarming and terrorizing African Americans….Our country's history has shown that communities of color have a particularly compelling interest in exercising their Second Amendment rights. The Second Amendment provides one last line of defense for people of color when the state cannot — or will not — step in to protect them

Appointed by President Trump.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_K._Lee
View Quote

This is in the brief, not sure if perbatom...
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know if Tombstone Tactical is shipping to CA?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone know if Tombstone Tactical is shipping to CA?
View Quote

Yes.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/CALIFORNIA-FREEDOM-WEEK-2-0-SHIPPING-LIST/5-2358811/&page=1&anc=87147372#i87147372
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#28]
And PSA is out of stock of Pmags. Was going to checkout with a few, stepped aside for a bit, started the process and now they're all gone.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Magpul isn't shipping. Though I read somewhere they were........
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

@chrisprays

If you can’t find any I will sell you some. I’m not sure how many I have but I’ll check tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Cant push an order thru anywhere yet. Sites are crashing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#32]
It sure seems like this paves the way for a change in the California assault weapon ban.  Think about it, one feature of the assault weapon ban is a rifle that can accept a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rds.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Can somebody send me a source for CZ-75 magazines that'll ship to CA?

I know this really isn't the thread for it, but I'm trying to multitask.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Just seen somebody's got some MP5 and AK-V/CZ Scorpion mags in the EE willing to ship to California.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#35]
God bless you California boys
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got some 16 and 17rd ones from RTG Parts this morning, but they are probably OOS now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Awesome that DS Arms is taking CA orders. During Freedom week 1.0 I wasn't able to grab any 20rd FAL mags in time, but they have some surplus in stock and I managed to snag some.

Also my AES-10B RPK is going to be happy with the 40rd RPK mags and 75rd drum I was able to order today.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In on one! Congrats brothers. Colorado too?
View Quote

Never really mattered here. Except for online purchases.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I ordered 100 pmags in one night (Nov 2016)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many should I  buy?

I ordered 100 pmags in one night (Nov 2016)

I followed your lead.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gunmagwarehouse is waiting for their lawyers to give them the go ahead to ship to CA. I have some Cz75 and sp2022 mags in my cart, just waiting for an email from gmw so I can pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#41]
'just got home from a 26hr shift and my uncle Dennis called me about this.  He's down around Richmond.  I told him that if this was true I'd send him a "care package" tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@chrisprays

If you can’t find any I will sell you some. I’m not sure how many I have but I’ll check tomorrow.
View Quote

Much appreciated! Ordered some from tombstone tactical and jesticearms Has some cheaper on his site. Thanks a lot tho! Very nice of you to offer.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It sure seems like this paves the way for a change in the California assault weapon ban.  Think about it, one feature of the assault weapon ban is a rifle that can accept a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rds.
View Quote

They will just mentally gymnasticize a change into it where your rifle has to be super gay and featureless, only now it can be super gay and featureless with a 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#45]
To all my conservative brothers and sisters in CA congrats.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
“Although the Ninth Circuit has granted a stay of the mandate in Butler, the panel decision remains the law of the Circuit. See, e.g., Chambers v. United States, 22 F.3d 939, 942 n.3 (9th Cir. 1994) ("We reject the government's argument that X-Citement Video is not binding precedent until the mandate issues in that case. In this circuit, once a published opinion is filed, it becomes the law of the circuit until withdrawn or reversed by the Supreme Court or an en banc court."), vacated on other grounds, 47 F.3d 1015 (9th Cir. 1995); United States v. Gomez-Lopez, 62 F.3d 304, 306 (9th Cir. 1995) ("The government first urges us to ignore Armstrong since we have stayed the mandate to allow filing of a petition for certiorari; this we will not do, as Armstrong is the law of this circuit."); see also Yong v. I.N.S., 208 F.3d 1116, 1119 n.2 (9th Cir. 2000) (noting that "once a federal circuit court issues a decision, the district courts within that circuit are bound to follow it and have no authority to await a ruling by the Supreme Court before applying the circuit court's decision as binding authority").

Schuller v. Horel, No. EDCV 08-1128-PA (RNB), 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 125879, at *6 n.3 (C.D. Cal. Oct. 1, 2008)

I’m not saying this is the “ law” pre mandate, but the courts Seem to treat the opinion as law from my research.  So.... take that for what it’s worth. And, (something something, soon).....
View Quote

That's how I see it too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#47]
If you can't find mags that will ship, hit me up...
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you can't find mags that will ship, hit me up...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Jaqufrost was one of the arfcomers that helped out Californians last Freedom week. He’s gtg.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This seems particularly important:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125898/Capture_JPG-1545945.JPG
View Quote
Oddly that sounds like they applied intermediate scrutiny and it also failed that test.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just bought a house in Gardnerville, NV and moved some stuff in.  My CA mentality had me "must buy more" but then I realized I have a Nevada domicile and can chill for a bit.
View Quote

Same. I was adding mags to a cart before the moment of realization struck
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top