User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why are liberals so enamored with the idea of a dollar coin?
View Quote

Because they want to immolate the bill that has an image of some creepy-ass cracker and replace it with a coin that has an image of some creepy, ass-cracker on it.  

Being the political submissives they are, they preferred to put a worthy person--that Indian woman--on the dollar coin that was resoundingly rejected by the people who have to pay dearly for that.  There ain't no tellin' what image will be on future monies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate coins, so I spend them whenever I can.

I have had people question my dollar coins as legitimate money.

People fucking hate coins.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I propose we get rid of EBT and start handing out pennies as the only form of entitlement distribution. Make those fuckers carry them around to go shopping.
View Quote

Fuck that, it's bad enough I gotta watch them swipe there "free money", now you want me to stand in line behind them for 45 minutes watching them count it out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]

I'll give these to the strippers

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because they want delete immolate the bill that has an image of some creepy-ass cracker and replace it with a coin that has an image of some creepy, ass-cracker on it.  

Being the political submissives they are, they preferred to put a worthy person--that Indian woman--on the dollar coin that was resoundingly rejected by the people who have to pay dearly for that.  There ain't no tellin' what image will be on future monies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are liberals so enamored with the idea of a dollar coin?

Because they want delete immolate the bill that has an image of some creepy-ass cracker and replace it with a coin that has an image of some creepy, ass-cracker on it.  

Malcolm X.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Who the fuck want to carry change? Stupid idea. Saves money? Big deal there are 87,000 other areas to save money that make more sense.

Just to add, getting rid if the penny is a bad idea as well. Prices and taxes would go up since everything has to end in a 5 or 0.

Then there is cashless currency. I won't even begin to explain how that is an evil idea.

Don't these morons have anything better to do than dream up crap like this?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I question your everyone agrees stat since I don't agree.

And your logic for not saving the money is also flawed.  Why bother saving anything then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dollar coins suck, and everyone agrees.  There are better ways to save money than by doing something that nobody wants.  It would be worthwhile if it weren't for the fact that the money saved would quickly be spent on something else that nobody wants.

I question your everyone agrees stat since I don't agree.

And your logic for not saving the money is also flawed.  Why bother saving anything then?

I actually don't really care one way or the other.  Dollar coins suck, butI almost never use cash.   It just always irks me when someone in government comes out with a plan like this to save money, because like I said, they will see it as a surplus and spend it on something worse.  Usually, it's what motivates them to push the plan in the first place - trying to get money for some stupid pet project.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No wonder our budget can't get balanced when something as simple as this to save money gets soundly rejected.
View Quote

....Saving money?  

Please pay attention!  There is opportunity to get rid of images of creepy-ass crackers.  Imagine the butthurt of the politically submissive 'liberal' having to carry all those pictures of whitey around with them all day, and, value it.  Think about it: Both $1 coins that were tried had the image of a woman.  They desperately want to right those wrongs.  

Saving money my ass.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

....Saving money?  

Please pay attention!  There is opportunity to get rid of images of creepy-ass crackers.  Imagine the butthurt of the politically submissive 'liberal' having to carry all those pictures of whitey around with them all day, and, value it.  Think about it: Both $1 coins that were tried had the image of a woman.  They desperately want to right those wrongs.  

Saving money my ass.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No wonder our budget can't get balanced when something as simple as this to save money gets soundly rejected.

....Saving money?  

Saving money my ass.  

And George Washington was the last white man with that name!   I bet they go after nickles next!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I have enough shit to carry around in my pockets without weighing them down with coins. I will never carry coins in my pockets. I use a credit card for everything because I do not want any coin change that ends up in a coin bucket in my house, never to be used again.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Made out of plastic...by Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Peek in cash drawers at places like Dunkin when you get your change. I asked the clerk if I could get the half I saw there in my change, she said "sure" and handed it to me.

64 Kennedy, 90% silver.
View Quote

my best haul to date.  was closing an account and asked for every half dollar they had.  well they only had two rolls but $26 worth of it contained silver

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

....Saving money?  

Saving money my ass.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....Saving money?  

Saving money my ass.  

I guess they don't count conservative women.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

....Saving money?  

Saving money my ass.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....Saving money?  

Saving money my ass.  

If I had a dollar for every time I mentioned the founding fathers and some liberal came back with "slave owner"...
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

High speed rail, nationalized healthcare, a dollar coin and soccer = shit that Euros have that Americans don't want.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Okay, I am going to call out Arfcom on this. I thought we were all about limited government and fiscal responsability on here? If we (the ole USA) can save Billions by switching to dollar coins, whats the issue? I think we should be looking to cut spending cost wherever possible. The constitution doesn't gurantee your rights to paper dollars and vending machines. You will adapt!  If it really saves money, then lets do it and get rid of the penny while we are at it. Oh, and sense we are swapping things around, can we please get Hamilton off the $10 bill and get Reagan on there? Strippers will find a way to make it work, they have been succeeding at getting into mans pockets for thousands of years. Long before the paper dollar.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

....Saving money?  

Saving money my ass.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....Saving money?  

Saving money my ass.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
$1 coins for strippers?

I MAKES IT HAIL BITCHES!!!
View Quote

This is already SOP for me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like the dollar coins, they're fun to pay stupid people with, same with half dollars

in fact, I was just on the mint's website to buy some because they've got free shipping right now so I figured 1:1 like the last $250 worth I picked up

nope... they have a fucking premium on them
View Quote

Just buy a bunch at the bank. "Hi, can I get a few rolls of dollar coins please?" Simple as that, and no wait for shipping.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Okay, I am going to call out Arfcom on this. I thought we were all about limited government and fiscal responsability on here? If we (the ole USA) can save Billions by switching to dollar coins, whats the issue? I think we should be looking to cut spending cost wherever possible. The constitution doesn't gurantee your rights to paper dollars and vending machines. You will adapt!  If it really saves money, then lets do it and get rid of the penny while we are at it. Oh, and sense we are swapping things around, can we please get Hamilton off the $10 bill and get Reagan on there? Strippers will find a way to make it work, they have been succeeding at getting into mans pockets for thousands of years. Long before the paper dollar.
View Quote

Having a pocket full of coins sucks, plain and simple.  Still, if it was really about SAVING money, I'd be all for it.  Since when has anybody in Washington cared about saving money?  This would simply be a reallocation of funds.  Someone wants the money for something else.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I dont see how copper, zinc and aluminum and nickel is cheaper than paper and ink.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Before I moved from Canada, I may or may not have seen strippers do very interesting things with $1 and $2 dollar coins.......

On another note having used $1 and $2 coins, they fucking suck! I would rather have a $1 bills.
View Quote

I love the dollar coins, now that most vending machines use them.
That's the only reason to carry coins.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I dont see how copper, zinc and aluminum and nickel is cheaper than paper and ink.
View Quote

There will be added expense for the banks in handling coins instead of bills.  The cost will be passed on to us.  .gov pays less, we pay more...    IT'S A TAX!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#25]
It's screwing the customers - strippers will be demanding $5 bills.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

1:1 I doubt they are, but i think a big source of cost savings over time is the lifespan.

A dollar bills lifespan is apparently 18-22 months

A coin will last around 25 years.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#27]
This is an ongoing plan to make paper money more inconvenient. They want to go to all electronic "money" transfers, plastic money. That way they won't miss anything for taxing everything.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#28]
what the hell I can only imagine how much money I'll lose from coins falling out of my pocket
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

1:1 I doubt they are, but i think a big source of cost savings over time is the lifespan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will have to keep minting more to make up for the ones that end up in jars in people's houses..
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I always give strippers 2 dollar bills. If you fold them right they look like a twenty.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You haven't taken into consider the effects of stripper lotion on the coin.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Strippers do have a coin slot.
View Quote

Two actually right beside each other.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fuck coins.  Keep the dollar bill, stop fucking making pennies!!!!
View Quote

Racists!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#34]
dump the penny first.  and the nickel too
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Racists!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck coins.  Keep the dollar bill, stop fucking making pennies!!!!

Racists!!

Damn... not only am I a racist, but I'm actually more than one racist?  I know I'm a pretty big guy, but not big enough to be plural.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top