Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Love to find a nice $500 Singer.  

I'm guessing CMP would probably toss those in an auction and get a little more than that, though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't even like 1911s and I'd be in for at least one to be used strictly when shooting 3-gun with my CMP Garand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys understand that the Defense Authorization Bill is an annual " MUST PASS" bill. It directs how the DoD money may be spent. Because of that, if this amendment passes the House, it can only get thrown out during the joint committee process. If it stays in then it will be in for the final votes in both Houses. If this amendment were included in the Senate version, then it can't be thrown out during the joint committee process. It's guaranteed to be in the final bill. Obama will sign it when it gets to him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I would love to see this happen, but I am not holding my breath. FBHO and HRC..
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't even like 1911s and I'd be in for at least one to be used strictly when shooting 3-gun with my CMP Garand.
View Quote

Holy shit.  If I got one of these CMP WWII 1911s to go with my M1 Garand, I'd be left with no choice but to get a WWII era shotty and show up next to the gear queer 3-Gun guys at a match wearing surplus canvas clip holders for the garand, a web belt holding my 1911 mag pouches, and a canteen pouch for my shotgun shells.

I love where your head is at!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, my interest would be tempered by condition and price, too.

I WOULD pay 500+, for an excellent condition example.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much are we talking here...$200-300, yes.  $500+, no.

500?

Thats wishful thinking there, the CMP is not going to sell these for cheap IF this ever happens. I would pay 1k without blinking for a service grade Colt.

The chances of this happening are about as good as the CMP selling M14 rifles.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

500?

Thats wishful thinking there, the CMP is not going to sell these for cheap IF this ever happens. I would pay 1k without blinking for a service grade Colt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

500?

You made my mouth water.

I have a very close to correct Winchester M1 Carbine that I got for pocket change years ago, not from CMP.

Anyone remember what the Carbines were selling for from them?

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
A correct Colt from WWII will start around $2k if you can find one......here is a correct 1943 from my collection that I lucky enough to find
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Would be nice if they were similar to the prices they used to charge.  Even with inflation, were talking ~$125.  :)

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would be nice if they were similar to the prices they used to charge.  Even with inflation, were talking ~$125.  :)

http://hudsdad.com/pics/dcm1911.jpg
View Quote

My Dad tells tales of the golden age of CMP. He bought his first rifle from the program when he was a kid. He was about 12 and they sold him a 1903 Springfield for $6.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Friend of mine was a MP.  He said there was a warehouse on the base he was on that had 55 gal drums full of 1911 parts. He said they were suppose to be destroyed but never were. He always wondered what happened to them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have a very close to correct Winchester M1 Carbine that I got for pocket change years ago, not from CMP.

Anyone remember what the Carbines were selling for from them?

View Quote

Mine was about $650. Some were going about $450 IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, no.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Holy shit.  If I got one of these CMP WWII 1911s to go with my M1 Garand, I'd be left with no choice but to get a WWII era shotty and show up next to the gear queer 3-Gun guys at a match wearing surplus canvas clip holders for the garand, a web belt holding my 1911 mag pouches, and a canteen pouch for my shotgun shells.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_11_2012/post-100672-0-33103400-1354139256.jpg
http://picturearchive.auctionarms.com/1912728/9619668/668d3671b006e29e512f2935e71d0e2c.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_11_2012/post-100672-0-33103400-1354139256.jpg
http://picturearchive.auctionarms.com/1912728/9619668/668d3671b006e29e512f2935e71d0e2c.jpg

"Canvas clip holders" like the Belt, Dismounted, Cartridge, M1923 that you have in the pic? The one made of cotton webbing in Olive Drab #3, not canvas?
It's a damn cartridge belt. Was a standard type of US military equipment from the 1870s until the 1950s. Not a "clip holder."

Also, why use a canteen cover for shotgun shells? How about just getting a shotgun shell pouch...
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

would they qualify for C&R or not?
View Quote
Who cares? CMP isn't bound by C&R rules.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And a 1909 S vdb cent is just another penny that spends the same way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CMP really has a great thing going on the M1, and I took advantage of the low price and great selection.

On these 1911's, I don't think they will be anywhere near a price I can afford.

Why not?

These are probably barely service grade weapons. Even if they are "New Old Stock" they are standard GI grade pistols.

Other than some nostalgia and old school US machining, these aren't that much different than the RIA's.

If they were so great why would there be entire industries around making them better?

And a 1909 S vdb cent is just another penny that spends the same way.

Were there 3 million 1909 S vdb cents? And are they making infinitely better 1909 S vdb cents today?

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There were 3.5 million M1 Garands made. Not all survived the war or returned to the US, but the CMP has sold many, with more flooding the shelves as they are assembled.
There were 2.7 million M1911 A1s made, but only 108,000 or so making it to CMP, maybe.
This is the going rate for some of the more authentic US 1911's existing.
CMP has never really gone nuts with their prices, but I'm just curious as to what they would charge..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CMP really has a great thing going on the M1, and I took advantage of the low price and great selection.

Why not?

These are probably barely service grade weapons. Even if they are "New Old Stock" they are standard GI grade pistols.

Other than some nostalgia and old school US machining, these aren't that much different than the RIA's.

If they were so great why would there be entire industries around making them better?

There were 3.5 million M1 Garands made. Not all survived the war or returned to the US, but the CMP has sold many, with more flooding the shelves as they are assembled.
There were 2.7 million M1911 A1s made, but only 108,000 or so making it to CMP, maybe.
CMP has never really gone nuts with their prices, but I'm just curious as to what they would charge..

That is the going rate for those 1911's before a large quantity is dropped on the market.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is the going rate for those 1911's before a large quantity is dropped on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

I don't really think you understand the value of a USGI 1911 pistol.
Sure, new Rock Islands could be had for $500, but you won't see one of these go for that.
If you can't understand the historical value and collect-ability of an authentic USGI 1911, well, there is nothing that will convince you of their value.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I would fo!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I really hope this gets passed.  

Curious about what kind of price range they'll have the 1911's in.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top