User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WASHINGTON — Top Bush administration officials in 2002 debated testing the Constitution by sending American troops into the suburbs of Buffalo to arrest a group of men suspected of plotting with Al Qaeda, according to former administration officials.

Some of the advisers to President George W. Bush, including Vice President Dick Cheney, argued that a president had the power to use the military on domestic soil to sweep up the terrorism suspects, who came to be known as the Lackawanna Six, and declare them enemy combatants.

Mr. Bush ultimately decided against the proposal to use military force.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/us/25detain.html?_r=1

Times Reporter #1: Oh shit! Obama's approval ratings are starting to drop like a rock!

Times Reporter #2: How could this happen! He's "The One"!

Times Reporter #3: I know, I've got a story on the shelf ready to go for just such an occasion, we'll do another smear against Bush!  That will take the masses mind off of Obama's dropping popularity!

Times Reporter #1&2: BRILLIANT!
and it will work for the next 8yrs. Bet on it.

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]

so how long before Holder or the democraps start talking about a possible "investigation" into Bush officials.

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

so how long before Holder or the democraps start talking about a possible "investigation" into Bush officials.

Holder did that two weeks ago with the Cheney hid a secret CIA program from Congress lie. A program as we found out five days later was never active, Congress did know about, and a program that authorization had been reported in the press in 2002.

The Democrats/New York Times dumps this shit. And the media, hacks, and idiots like some of the people in this thread scream about it and thump their chests until the actual facts come out and the Democrats/New York Times are caught again in the lie.

We are seeing a patten with this White House, they have trouble and next a distracting lie about the Bush Administration is leaked followed by faux indignation in the media and by Democratic hacks.

Problem is the idiots in the media and here keep repeating the lies even after they find out it was a lie.

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holder did that two weeks ago with the Cheney hid a secret CIA program from Congress lie. A program as we found out five days later was never active, Congress did know about, and a program that authorization had been reported in the press in 2002.

The Democrats/New York Times dumps this shit. And the media, hacks, and idiots like some of the people in this thread scream about it and thump their chests until the actual facts come out and the Democrats/New York Times are caught again in the lie.

We are seeing a patten with this White House, they have trouble and next a distracting lie about the Bush Administration is leaked followed by faux indignation in the media and by Democratic hacks.

Problem is the idiots in the media and here keep repeating the lies even after they find out it was a lie.

oops.  i knew that.  i meant into this particular event.

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Stupid fucking proposal to begin with, never ever should have been considered. The US military should never EVER be used as a law enforcement tool, only a war fighting one. Talk about a fucking slippery slope.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh that's right, Bush is the devil.................................nevermind about Obamacare, energy tax or all the stupid cops in Mass.

Give me a f_cking break..........is America really that stupid?

Please tell me no.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh. We have people in the government devoted to thinking of EVERYTHING. I have zero problem that they considered this.

They've also probably "considered" what would happen if a fleet of alien starships showed up...

They decided against it, which means the system works.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 4:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
WASHINGTON — Top Bush administration officials in 2002 debated testing the Constitution by sending American troops into the suburbs of Buffalo to arrest a group of men suspected of plotting with Al Qaeda, according to former administration officials.

Some of the advisers to President George W. Bush, including Vice President Dick Cheney, argued that a president had the power to use the military on domestic soil to sweep up the terrorism suspects, who came to be known as the Lackawanna Six, and declare them enemy combatants.

Times Reporter #1: Oh shit! Obama's approval ratings are starting to drop like a rock!
Times Reporter #2: How could this happen! He's "The One"!
Times Reporter #3: I know, I've got a story on the shelf ready to go for just such an occasion, we'll do another smear against Bush!  That will take the masses mind off of Obama's dropping popularity!
Times Reporter #1&2: BRILLIANT!
and it will work for the next 8yrs. Bet on it.

Yes, it's a simple strategy and it works.

Even in a forum like this we have people picking it up and running with it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm kind of torn on this one;

- There was a declaration of war made by Congress on 9/12/01 (before this was considered).
- If there were conventional (uniformed) foreign troops on our soil I would damn sure want US troops to handle the problem (not the police or FBI).

On the other hand, where is the line drawn?

Wait, wut

Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stupid fucking proposal to begin with, never ever should have been considered. The US military should never EVER be used as a law enforcement tool, only a war fighting one. Talk about a fucking slippery slope.

Yet it happened, and with the very first president.  Should he have been impeached?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

from the other thread
Quoted:
and I've thought of banging hookers and snorting a pound of blow. Yet I have not.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If there is a group of terrorists we need to kill, like right now, like shoot a TOW missile into their car right fucking now. I'm ok with the military doing it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Somewhere in the last few days I read a bit from a British journalist (possibly from the BBC or the Economist) that made me laugh out loud.  It was to the effect of "Journalist on the American left are too busy arguing over on what type of water Obama walks best, while those on the left argue over exactly when he became a Communist."

Sadly, there is a lack of any serious objective journalism these days - if there ever was any to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somewhere in the last few days I read a bit from a British journalist (possibly from the BBC or the Economist) that made me laugh out loud.  It was to the effect of "Journalist on the American left are too busy arguing over on what type of water Obama walks best, while those on the left argue over exactly when he became a Communist."

Sadly, there is a lack of any serious objective journalism these days - if there ever was any to begin with.
He has always been a commie

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top