BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good Lord. The only reason it is "most deadly", is because it is the most common.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I received an Email today from Brownells with the above title.  The content of the email shows an AR receiver surrounded by wisps of smoke.  I may be reading too much in to this, but does anyone besides myself find it inappropriate to link their marketing strategy to a day devoted to drug use?  I have always considered Brownells to be a company that responsibly represented the firearms community.  As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?

I feel this is a good thing we need to stop sending people to jail for bull shit.

It's good to encourage drug use?

You consume alcoholic beverages right?  Most deadly drug so far on the planet.

Good Lord. The only reason it is "most deadly", is because it is the most common.

Bullshit.  Come work the streets for a while and then talk to me.  Alcohol and cigarettes keep EMS and hospitals in business.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I get brownells emails and I didn't get that email OP.   Wondering why.  Can you post a screen shot of it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you mean chronic complainers (no pun intended) and whiny bitches then yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?

If you mean chronic complainers (no pun intended) and whiny bitches then yes.

He is a habitual user of the outrage industry.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"Robert Downey Jr cannot even watch this scene without breaking down in sobs."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Purchased, and downloading now. Will be on my Plex media server momentarily.

"Robert Downey Jr cannot even watch this scene without breaking down in sobs."

"Bill's Mother says he never lies!"

Unfortunately, Bill's mother lies like a Teamster under oath.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh my feels!

Marijuana will be legal in all 50 states by 2025. That's my prediction.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Brownells blaze it
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I get brownells emails and I didn't get that email OP.   Wondering why.  Can you post a screen shot of it?
View Quote

Yea, neither did I. Is it a play on the potheads burning grass today vs the shooters burning powder?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Bill's Mother says he never lies!"

Unfortunately, Bill's mother lies like a Teamster under oath.

View Quote

"It's not the selling of pot to kids he minded so much, it was beating the money out of them."

Fucking lost it
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh my feels!

Marijuana will be legal in all 50 states by 2025. That's my prediction.
View Quote

Nope...Oklahoma just legalized tatooing a few years back..its going to be awhile for the devil's lettuce
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
You know what pot and machine guns have in common?

The Federal Government won't take your tax money for either.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I feel this is a good thing we need to stop sending people to jail for bull shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I received an Email today from Brownells with the above title.  The content of the email shows an AR receiver surrounded by wisps of smoke.  I may be reading too much in to this, but does anyone besides myself find it inappropriate to link their marketing strategy to a day devoted to drug use?  I have always considered Brownells to be a company that responsibly represented the firearms community.  As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?

I agree - we should let the cops shoot 'em on the spot rather than waste good jail space on trash.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Marihuana_revenue_stamp_$1_1937_issue.jpg

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/photo1.jpg

View Quote

hesrightuknow.jpg
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#13]
If you weedies understood the chemistry of addiction, you'd run the other way from pot.

You like to claim it's harmless, but it produces the exact same dopamine hormone in the brain that heroine and meth do. Maybe not as much, but the result is the same. By altering the pleasure receptors in the brain and then requiring more and more over time to offset the sensitization effect, it's the same mechanics of addiction as any other drug.

And the natural side-effect is to come to believe it's harmless, because the brain wants to get more of it and therefore rationalizes its continued use. It's a process that sneaks up on you while you're in denial.

Write your future off now unless you quit, because otherwise you'll never be more than an under-achieving loser.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#14]
We're there any heady deals?

What's on sale.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Marihuana_revenue_stamp_$1_1937_issue.jpg

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/photo1.jpg

View Quote

I swear to God, I keep meaning to buy a Texas Marihuana tax stamp.   Need to see if I can get a group buy going, since the State comptroller wants you to buy like 600 bucks worth of stamps at a time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Mellow out man
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you weedies understood the chemistry of addiction, you'd run the other way from pot.

You like to claim it's harmless, but it produces the exact same dopamine hormone in the brain that heroine and meth do. Maybe not as much, but the result is the same. By altering the pleasure receptors in the brain and then requiring more and more over time to offset the sensitization effect, it's the same mechanics of addiction as any other drug.

And the natural side-effect is to come to believe it's harmless, because the brain wants to get more of it and therefore rationalizes its continued use. It's a process that sneaks up on you while you're in denial.

Write your future off now unless you quit, because otherwise you'll never be more than an under-achieving loser.
View Quote

Anecdotally speaking, I can tell that's bullshit from personal experience.   And no, I don't use the stuff.   But I've known several bright, successful people who did.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could name at least 6 guys ,who toke regularly, under 40, who have made 6 figures annually for the last 7 or 8 years, as professionals.

You're full of shit.

Txl

Eta, they were not party buddies.  Me and my party buddies enjoy camping with TRG (literally), whiskey and good (but reasonably priced) cigars.  Bloody marys in the morning, and tannerite in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

As opposed to the no dopamine producing sugary foods, video games, and sex.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You consume alcoholic beverages right?  Most deadly drug so far on the planet.

In short... no
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, Hitler spent most of his days stoned off his ass... so there's that.

https://thesnootyushers.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/agent-hitler.jpg
View All Quotes

huh, that must have been before he was elected president of america and subsequently deposed by conservative hero, white obama
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

My sarcasm meter is broken, right?  If not, this gets Most Retarded Post of the Week.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Well were there any good sales?

Gas tubes? Bowl headed muzzle brakes like the Noveski Pig?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. Instead of using these very dangerous drugs, I recommend everyone instead use a high sugar, high calorie diet supplemented with daily use of alcohol for personal pleasure.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it isn't.  We shouldn't encourage drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes or cigars, either.  They're both worse than marijuana.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree that weed is addictive and smoking it is a bad decision.  But it's a personal decision, and it's not the government's job to save you from yourself.

If you want to use your free will to ruin your life, that's on you.  Keep government out of it, and don't tax me more to use that money to enforce laws against it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#28]
I still say its why their shipping is screwed up
Legalize Brownells
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WE SHOULD BAN ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Anecdotally speaking, I can tell that's bullshit from personal experience.   And no, I don't use the stuff.   But I've known several bright, successful people who did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I smoked the shit for damned near 20 years. While I am lucky in that I have a good paying job and never really allowed the weed to screw that up for me, to say it didn't affect my motivation and skew my sense of priorities would be a lie. I honestly feel as though I could have done far better in many aspects of life if I hadn't been a weed smoker.

Of course, I support anyone's right to smoke whatever they want and would never agree with laws against marijuana or any other plant for that matter. But if I had life to do all over again, I'd never touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#31]
WE SHOULD BAN ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!  

Yep, Wake up The Anti-Saloon League.
Real Nascar again.

Prohibition would start a shit show of epic propitions.
It would almost be worth it to teach a fuckload of Hyprocites a lesson
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#32]
OP, could you forward that email to me?  What you see in many of the responses are the continued degradation of our society which has gotten far worse under the muslim in the White House.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is this sarcasm?  I know quite a few very successful people who occasionally smoke pot.  I also have had acquaintances from years ago who got addicted to prescription opiates and are now dead.  I don't know anyone who has died from pot.  I do know that if a person is lazy and they smoke, they are still lazy.  If they are successful and they smoke, they are still successful.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top