BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, I don't care how healthy Americans are vs. anyone else.  How someone lives is none of anyone's fucking business. What I care about is tyrannical government tell us how to live and deciding who lives and who dies without giving us any choice.

Where is this then?

Where is what?

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This clearly doesn't take dental health into consideration.....

By golly I bet we got them beat on that score.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I believe it, with the sheer number of obese people (with a gland problem!) waddling around this country.

How is it that America, the richest country in the world, has the least appetite for controlled discipline in our dietary habits?

Obesity seems extremely prevalent among the gun community and the car community.  I've been watching some of the shows on HDTV (e.g. Appraise My Car).  Most, if not all, the guys who bring their fancy cars for appraisal are porkers (and that is putting it mildly).  

Where did our discipline go?
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:14:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah - when people in Britan need health care RIGHT F'N NOW, and have money -

...they come to the US - driving the "average health" up in Britain and down here in the process.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guys, it's simple. Start teaching your kids healthy eating and within a few generations you will cease to be an obese nation.

Just stop doing this shit

http://thefoodfarce.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/fat-american.jpg

European growth helps McDonald's February results

A campaign in France promoting premium beef and a U.K. sales push for the quarter-pound Big Tasty burger helped push the figure up 5.1 percent in Europe. Europe is McDonald's largest region, accounting for about 40 percent of its business.

Enjoy your Big Tasty, Nigel.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Leftist Propaganda to promote Universal Health by Government in the USA..

if smoking, alcohol consumption, eating high fat diets and bad dental care relate to bad overall health.then it should be true in GB as in the USA
considering the large population ot Indians and Pakistanies in GB as well, with a higher than average rate of heart attacks according to another study, it also says BS..

not buying it.
Progressive Propaganda

This.

Of course, killing off millions of men in two world wars probably helped remove a bunch of (what would be) aging gentlemen right now.....

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, I don't care how healthy Americans are vs. anyone else.  How someone lives is none of anyone's fucking business. What I care about is tyrannical government tell us how to live and deciding who lives and who dies without giving us any choice.

Well I do.  

I think it's not shocking at all that you see red states with the largest obesity problems and I am all for doing whatever it takes to get you people living healthier.

Mind your fucking business bootlicker.

No!

It's you people living unhealthy that is costing me money, I am tired of paying higher healthcare premiums cause the fatties want to eat there way into diabetes.

So either you start living healthy and take a page out of the British's book or we will have to do something a little more pro active about it and yes it may involve the .gov
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IN

To see how many Americans can't take a BritYank-Bash thread when the shoe is on the other foot.

You guys already tried yank bashing - twice.

It didn't work out so well for you.....

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

I think it's not shocking at all that you see red states with the largest obesity problems and I am all for doing whatever it takes to get you people living healthier.

No!  

It's you people living unhealthy that is costing me money, I am tired of paying higher healthcare premiums cause the fatties want to eat there way into diabetes.

So either you start living healthy and take a page out of the British's book or we will have to do something a little more pro active about it and yes it may involve the .gov
You are a fucking piece of work.  Enjoy the boot on your neck.

And who are you calling "you people"?

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On the contrary, my post was aimed at amusing irony, the butthurtedness is definately with yourselves as you won't accept the facts, from an American survey, that things are just ticketyboo over here, and it seems we are healthier than you lot.

ticketyboo?

Ziggity boo?

Herby Curby?

Man, the hits keep coming.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like they are measuring access not health.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
America has 40 MILLION people with no health insurance.

EVERYONE in England has health insurance.

So, it's pretty damn OBVIOUS just WHY the people in England are healthier.

Also, more than 20% of children in the USA now live below the poverty line....and the percentage is increasing, NOT decreasing, like the LIARS that keep saying the economy is getting 'better'.

Many of them live with working parents that earn enough so they DON'T qualify for Medicaid, food stamps, or other .gov help.

Go back to DU !!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, I don't care how healthy Americans are vs. anyone else. How someone lives is none of anyone's fucking business. What I care about is tyrannical government tell us how to live and deciding who lives and who dies without giving us any choice.

Well I do.

No!

You are a fucking piece of work. Enjoy the boot on your neck.

WHO ARE YOU CALLING YOU PEOPLE?!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's for breakfast/lunch/dinner today? Fish & Chips

lets throw in some bangers and mash and spotted Dick for variety

Spotted dick?   Doesn't Britain's health care system have these?

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

OK Guys! Don't want to get this one locked. Too much funny.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:22:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
From the BBC

AH...wonderful straw from your state-run news agency!

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From the BBC

HEY! I like BBC! They put on good concerts!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:24:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
From the BBC

HEY! I like BBC! They put on good concerts!

I'm sure Pravda has it's merits too.

Everything is fine comrade, our peasants are healthier than the capitalist dogs, now move along.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, I don't care how healthy Americans are vs. anyone else. How someone lives is none of anyone's fucking business. What I care about is tyrannical government tell us how to live and deciding who lives and who dies without giving us any choice.

Well I do.

No!

Well let's take a look...

From the article..

_Three additional states now have adult obesity rates above 30 percent, including Alabama, 31.2 percent; West Virginia, 31.1 percent; and Tennessee, 30.2 percent.

My shocked face.

Oh look its the "Big City" Folk leading by example again:

_The South is the fattest region. The Northeast and West are slightly slimmer than the rest of the country.

Yup when I say "you people" I mean Southerners.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Americans traveling for dental care

Dental Care, America’s Unspoken Health CrisisMore and more Americans are going outside our borders for dental care. A recent New York Times article quoted a source that said 40% of all medical tourists are traveling for dental care. When the total number of all medical procedures is considered, that percent becomes even more impressive.  The total number of dental travelers is difficult to pinpoint but estimates range from approximately 200,00 to 750,000 annually. Most reports (including those of the ADA) project that number to be on the rise. The think tank Deloitte Center for Health Solutions projects a 35% annual growth rate despite, or perhaps because of, the current economy.

'Mer-kur Fuck Yeah!'

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

Don't feed the possible troll, man.  Perhaps someone is steppig up to fill _A certain person's shoes?
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

Don't feed the possible troll, man.  Perhaps someone is steppig up to fill _A certain person's shoes?

EXPcustom is no "possible troll" he is a professional troll.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about some truth for a change.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211950/Premature-baby-left-die-doctors-mother-gives-birth-just-days-22-week-care-limit.html

Doctors left a premature baby to die because he was born two days too early, his devastated mother claimed yesterday.

SarahCapewell begged them to save her tiny son, who was born just 21 weeksand five days into her pregnancy  -  almost four months early.

Theyignored her pleas and allegedly told her they were following nationalguidelines that babies born before 22 weeks should not be given medicaltreatment.

Maybe so, but what does that have to do with the original story about Britain's being healthier than Americans?
Me think it's nothing more than tit for tat

Being in denial doesn't mean going for a swim in an Egyptian river

Being dead is pretty damn unhealthy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about some truth for a change.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211950/Premature-baby-left-die-doctors-mother-gives-birth-just-days-22-week-care-limit.html

Doctors left a premature baby to die because he was born two days too early, his devastated mother claimed yesterday.

SarahCapewell begged them to save her tiny son, who was born just 21 weeksand five days into her pregnancy  -  almost four months early.

Theyignored her pleas and allegedly told her they were following nationalguidelines that babies born before 22 weeks should not be given medicaltreatment.

Maybe so, but what does that have to do with the original story about Britain's being healthier than Americans?

Me think it's nothing more than tit for tat

Being in denial doesn't mean going for a swim in an Egyptian river

Being dead is pretty damn unhealthy.
You would think.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
There are lies, damn lies and then statistics.

It is easy to fudge numbers to push your agenda.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There are lies, damn lies and then statistics.

It is easy to fudge numbers to push your agenda.

This....

Lord knows we suffer from enough of that in our own country.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Mexicans are big in the diabetes scene.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

You just can't help but feed the troll, can you?

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:33:13 AM EDT
[#30]
To the British folks reading the replies in this thread I think you can now understand why we have a obesity problem here in the US.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
To the British folks reading the replies in this thread I think you can now understand why we have a obesity problem here in the US.

Awwwww....EXPCustom is apologizing for America...how very Obama-like of you.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

Knowing a little bit about him, I'd actually bet my paycheck he's in better shape than you are.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#33]
It may be due to the UK's bigger drive on health prevention, they say.

Editor should be shot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I do.

No!

From the article..

_Three additional states now have adult obesity rates above 30 percent, including Alabama, 31.2 percent; West Virginia, 31.1 percent; and Tennessee, 30.2 percent.

My shocked face.

_The South is the fattest region. The Northeast and West are slightly slimmer than the rest of the country.

Why don't you look at the demographics of our area?  Certain "groups" tend to be fatter than whites, and we have much higher demographic representation for those groups than the West and NW...

So when you say "you people" you are are actually being racist...  Imagine that

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

Knowing a little bit about him, I'd actually bet my paycheck he's in better shape than you are.

Well then he has nothing to worry about if the .gov has to intervene, I am referring to Southerners and fatties when I say you people.

JFK had fitness day back when he was pres.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is this then?

Where is what?

This place with the tyrannical govt that decides how you live or die

Well, Great Britain for one, USA is set to be another.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

Well then he has nothing to worry about if the .gov has to intervene, I am referring to Southerners and fatties when I say you people.

While I'm at it, I have a strong suspicion that you're not all that healthy, or fit.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvukKULnQbK5CGT0lJlZrta5aKhj-yhIyYTGZTMK5-fzdrOZkA

Not quite

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.

No!

From the article..

My shocked face.

Why don't you look at the demographics of our area?  Certain "groups" tend to be fatter than whites, and we have much higher demographics than the West and NW...

I've been to the South obesity does not seem to discriminate based on race from what I saw there.

Colorado is actually the fittest state of all with just barely less than 20% people obese so its not like my state could not use improvement either. Now the South on the other hand is over 30% in some areas.

Obesity is a problem we have to address in this country sooner or later as much as we hate to admit it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

While I'm at it, I have a strong suspicion that you're not all that healthy, or fit.

Dont get me wrong I was a fatty and a smoker at one time, quit smoking, quit drinking soda, fast food took a while but I am normal weight on the BMI chart now but I am by no means a tier one operator.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.

No!

From the article..

My shocked face.

Why don't you look at the demographics of our area?  Certain "groups" tend to be fatter than whites, and we have much higher demographics than the West and NW...

I've been to the South obesity does not seem to discriminate based on race from what I saw there.  

Colorado is actually the fittest state of all with just barely less than 20% people obese so its not like my state could not use improvement either. Now the South on the other hand is over 30% in some areas.

Obesity is a problem we have to address in this country sooner or later as much as we hate to admit it.

http://www.eurweb.com/?p=34544

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/125686/africanamericans_fatter_less_fit_than_caucasians/

African Americans absolutely lead the nation in obesity, and since they are disproportionately representated in the south, that is going to skew our numbers higher.  The obesity rate is also higher among the poor.  Amongst middle class whites the rate of obesity in the South is no higher than in California or Colorado.  However, once you factor in African Americans and poor, both of which we have more of, it skews the numbers in favor of the West....

...So in effect, your attitude is really you being both racist and classist

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.  

No!  

Dont get me wrong I was a fatty and a smoker at one time, quit smoking, quit drinking soda, fast food took a while but I am normal weight on the BMI chart now but I am by no means a tier one operator.

BMI means jack.  Also sounds like Subnet was spot on (as usual).  Most of the people who champion bull shit like this are the ones who have no self control, just like anti-gun folks who think that since they can't trust themselves with a gun that no one else is capable of it either.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:53:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is this then?

Where is what?

This place with the tyrannical govt that decides how you live or die

Well, Great Britain for one, USA is set to be another.

You're well out of date with that.

Now this is tranny.............

'A British teenager who sent an e-mail to the White House calling President Obama a "pr*ck" was banned from the U.S. for life, The Sun reported Monday.

The FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, that his drunken insult was "unacceptable."

Angel claims he fired off a single e-mail criticizing the U.S. government after seeing a television program about the 9/11 attacks.

He said, "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a pr*ck. It was silly –– the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

Angel, of Bedford, in central England, said it was "a bit extreme" for the FBI to act.

"The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/13/british-teen-banned-life-sending-obscene-e-mail-obama/#ixzz1G79FrWxE'

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvukKULnQbK5CGT0lJlZrta5aKhj-yhIyYTGZTMK5-fzdrOZkA

Not quite

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbjm8aBnB71qbas04.jpg

LOL.....Sorry, two-toothers don't make up our entire population.

Real subjects of the realm.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not quite

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbjm8aBnB71qbas04.jpg

LOL.....Sorry, two-toothers don't make up our entire population.

Real subjects of the realm.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Jumbalaya696969/online/um.jpg
LOL, what's the deal with the guy in the background?

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Alright, fair enough. What I take from this is that you slimmed down and quit smoking on your own, without government intervention. You're not a pillar of health and vitality, but you're not a fat ass (anymore) either. Nifty. Now...

Supposing for the sake of argument that you are given carte blanche to wield the power of government to fix our nation's obesity problem, what would you do? What would it look like?

I'm just curious.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:01:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I do.

No!

From the article..

My shocked face.

http://www.eurweb.com/?p=34544

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/125686/africanamericans_fatter_less_fit_than_caucasians/

African Americans absolutely lead the nation in obesity, and since they are disproportionately representated in the south, that is going to skew our numbers higher.  The obesity rate is also higher among the poor.  Amongst middle class whites the rate of obesity in the South is no higher than in California or Colorado.  However, once you factor in African Americans and poor, both of which we have more of, it skews the numbers in favor of the West....

...So in effect, your attitude is really you being both racist and classist

Look at old photos from the South most of the African Americans were by no means fat. Look at footage or photos of American public in general in the 1940's and 50's then compare it to now. The obesity problem crosses all racial and economic lines and it's gotten out of hand. One way to control it would be to get the price of food so damn high by limiting supply or you can have the .gov intervene in more healthy pro-active ways where they encourage children at a young age to exercise.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#49]
I've got a good memory.  I'm also pretty good at remembering stupid shit comments that people make over time.

I remember a certain poster in this thread saying that you weren't considered to be cool, or a serious intellectual if you didn't smoke.  Such comments didn't come from any Southerner, but I do remember it being said by come "big city thinker"
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#50]
The average "value meal" at McDonalds costs what?  4.5 English pounds?  That works out to about $7.25 US.

Here you can get the same McMeal for less than half.

A pack of cigarettes?  Same deal.  5 UK pounds, or about 8 US dollars.  

Cigarettes are about 1/2 the cost in the US.

Beer is roughly comparable IIRC.

Just some numbers for rumination.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top