Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#2]
May the victims of this moment in time so see another day or rest in peace.  With love Piney..
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
nothing to see here..... move on.....  nothing to see....
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Big F...ing Deal I have nothing to hide!!!  You want to meet my little friend!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7N1pBMWMOg  Say hello to my little friend.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where in WI is this?  The GF went up there last week to visit her parents (GB area)...I don't want to call about this as they are having Sunday brunch.... she was in bed last night at 2200 so she is probably safe.

Yep, dipshit Doyle will use this against CCW.  Sucks to be in that state...time to bring Thompson back (Tommy, not Fred).

The ex Mr. Homeland Security is busy pushing VERICHIP I.D. tracking implants.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#9]
What's really disturbing is watching how it's being reported. "The town is on lockdown."

They say it as if it's an ordinary, acceptable practice to "lock down" towns whenever there's a problem.

I'll bet millions of people watching it don't even think for a second that there's anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#10]
+ to follow this.    
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
FYI - Forest County WI Sherrifs Dept. Personnel

personnel

Profile of Forest Co.

www.city-data.com/county/Forest_County-WI.html

No one named Tyler Peterson on the sherrifs personnel list.  So either the name is wrong, or maybe he's reserve deputy or something.

Also I think everyone is assuming this guy was in uniform or on duty, but no reports have said that.
Seems more likely it was off duty.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Link

Wintesses: 6 Dead, Including Sheriff's Deputy
Brian Tully
CRANDON - Police and the FBI just found a Forest County Sheriff's employee dead. They think Tyler Peterson, an employee of just one week, opened fire at a party late last night. According to witnesses, 6 people are dead, though law enforcement has not confirmed any deaths.

I wonder if he was a guest at the party and then things went downhill?

So far, there is nothing that points to the him arriving a the party and thenshooting. He may have been at the party for some time before the shooting occurred.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FYI - Forest County WI Sherrifs Dept. Personnel

personnel

Profile of Forest Co.

www.city-data.com/county/Forest_County-WI.html

No one named Tyler Peterson on the sherrifs personnel list.  So either the name is wrong, or maybe he's reserve deputy or something.

Also I think everyone is assuming this guy was in uniform or on duty, but no reports have said that.

"  an employee of just one week...."
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Link

Brian Tully
CRANDON - Police and the FBI just found a Forest County Sheriff's employee dead. They think Tyler Peterson, an employee of just one week, opened fire at a party late last night. According to witnesses, 6 people are dead, though law enforcement has not confirmed any deaths.

Didn't take long for him to crack.    
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Last posted report says he was just hired. Might not have gotten around to updating the website yet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#17]
How will this truely be reported is the question???  Besides what matters most is those who are caught up in this hell hole of pain.  May they rest in peace from the Phantom!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I would'nt exactly call this guy a "cop". See below........

Brian Tully

Looks like a sad case, I would'nt wanna have to "work" it..........
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Some of you guys assume a female is involved.  What if it was a gay love triangle?

Just kidding!

I seriously doubt most of the crazy crap people are posting will be true, but I had to put my own theory out there.  I think the department may not have done a very good job on the background or psychological testing on this guy.

I wonder who the yutes were and I doubt they were heading to sunday school before this happened.  Not that they deserved to die, but I doubt they were chosen at random.  I wonder what their connection to the nutbag is?

edit for spelling
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#20]
All this story that is reporting is telling me once again why we should not be armed to the teeth.  Ok... maybe not full out metal and jacket but at least let us have the right to carry and protect our selves from you numb nutts.    Is that to much to ask???  Jeez....
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#21]
My guess at this point in time:

New deputy, probably 20 or 21 years old.  Small town.  Everyone knows everyone else.  

New deputy goes to party and gets on a power trip (probably off duty).  Things go way wrong and he flips out and starts shooting.  He runs.

My guess, he hasn't even been to an academy yet.  

The SO chose very poorly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
All this story that is reporting is telling me once again why we should not be armed to the teeth.  Ok... maybe not full out metal and jacket but at least let us have the right to carry and protect our selves from you numb nutts.    Is that to much to ask???  Jeez....

"LET" you have the right.....?  Nobody can "LET" you have the right to defend yourself. You were born with that right and you will retain that right until you die.

You cannot ask for freedom nor will anyone let you have it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I would'nt exactly call this guy a "cop". See below........

Brian Tully

Looks like a sad case, I would'nt wanna have to "work" it..........

Why would you not call this guy a cop?When would he be a cop?If he did not flip out after afew years would he be a cop?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#24]
You know there is a awful lot of these mass shootings in WI. I can think of at least 4 within the last few years from WI that had a 4-5 + body count. Wonder what the deal is there. Seems odd.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You know there is a awful lot of these mass shootings in WI. I can think of at least 4 within the last few years from WI that had a 4-5 + body count. Wonder what the deal is there. Seems odd.

Too much cheese.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Everyone knows everyone else.

Chief Deputy Kenneth Van Cleve

Forest County Sheriff Keith Van Cleve

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too much cheese.

constipation induced homocide?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"LET" you have the right.....?  Nobody can "LET" you have the right to defend yourself. You were born with that right and you will retain that right until you die.

If you ask permission from someone whom you believe to be higher than yourself in the scheme of things, and therefore capable of conferring any "right" to you, the lesser, to engage in an activity (in this case, concealed carry) then you have proved through your request that you do not believe that the activity in which you are engaging in is a right, but a privilege.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Small town politics.  This is going to turn out really bad for the SO, cuz they chose poorly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Small town politics.  This is going to turn out really bad for the SO, cuz they chose poorly.

Yep, I bet they are going to be taking applications soon for several positions and the taxpayers are going to take it in the shorts on the lawsuit end.  Something like this will make life hell for anyone on that department even if they are completely straight as an arrow.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know if anyone has went this way yet, so I'll start:

That cop was a brave community servant just doing his job. The people he shot were surely guilty of multiple crimes and were trying to resist arrest. Anyone else who gets shot was baiting him and had an agenda. All of this hype is just anti-LEO news media nonsense. You guys have no idea what it's like to be a LEO in Crandon, Wisconsin; it's seriously more dangerous than Iraq. So cut these guys a break, they're just making the streets safer for you.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That cop was a brave community servant just doing his job. The people he shot were surely guilty of multiple crimes and were trying to resist arrest. Anyone else who gets shot was baiting him and had an agenda. All of this hype is just anti-LEO news media nonsense. You guys have no idea what it's like to be a LEO in Crandon, Wisconsin; it's seriously more dangerous than Iraq. So cut these guys a break, they're just making the streets safer for you.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took it as satire.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took it as satire.

Me too.  The doesn't hold any power on this board.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I already knew that and thanks for making it clear once again of that simple fact.  Its within me and every person who so knows its not bargained, sold or for hire.  Know one owns the keys to that right to self and worth.    Up the Irons.....  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My guess at this point in time:

New deputy, probably 20 or 21 years old.  Small town.  Everyone knows everyone else.  

New deputy goes to party and gets on a power trip (probably off duty).  Things go way wrong and he flips out and starts shooting.  He runs.

My guess, he hasn't even been to an academy yet.  

+87
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took it as satire.

Yeah, just when you think you're making it obvious enough for everyone...

It's a brief compilation of arguments used by LEO apologists in previous threads on bad/shaky LEO shootings and other misadventures, especially the recent one near St. Louis.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the resident LEO apologists come in and start arguing it seriously. There are a couple that seem almost trollish in their zeal to justify anything and everything a LEO does. And that's a real

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I am not reading 10 pages to catch up but:
If 10% of the general population is fucked in the head it can be assumed that screening will only catch about 1/2 Therefore:
5-6% of:
Doctors
Plumbers
IT nerds
Fast Food Workers
Law Enforcement
Clergy
Military
Ect

Are fucked in the head..

Newsflash there are good and bad of every profession and given the low quality of applicants  and the low screening and training budget of LE in the USA we should be in awe that 97%+ of LE are good folk!

If you have a way to get rid of the 3% bad eggs with due process and meeting headcount requirements for a low paying job* let use know
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds to me like they're covering up a zombie outbreak, and Peterson either tried to stop it, and/or is now a vector for the virus.

Loading mags ...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I am not reading 10 pages to catch up but:
If 10% of the general population is fucked in the head it can be assumed that screening will only catch about 1/2 Therefore:
5-6% of:
Doctors
Plumbers
IT nerds
Fast Food Workers
Law Enforcement
Clergy
Military
Ect

Are fucked in the head..

Newsflash there are good and bad of every profession and given the low quality of applicants  and the low screening and training budget of LE in the USA we should be in awe that 97%+ of LE are good folk!

If you have a way to get rid of the 3% bad eggs with due process and meeting headcount requirements for a low paying job* let use know

I agree but with cops, I'd venture to say it's much higher then the general population.  Because of the nature of the job, it becomes a magnet for some people with power issues.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Hope everyone's dogs are okay.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#45]
He will kill himself before he gives up.  I predict that he will do it after he tries to explain himself and apologizes to his dept, probably by letter next to his body.  

I am seriously wondering what the history with those individuals was...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
He will kill himself before he gives up.  I predict that he will do it after he tries to explain himself and apologizes to his dept, probably by letter next to his body.  

Most likely on the first part and we may never know on the second part.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#47]
 It sounds to me its time to listen to Seasons In The Abyss on you Tube.    What is done is done.........May those who are without guilt rest and have there peace.  Ave....God Bless......And all that has meaning to thee.  

Slayer Rules....
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Yahoo is reporting it now:

CRANDON, Wis. - A local law enforcement employee went on a shooting rampage early Sunday in remote northern Wisconsin, killing at least five people, authorities said.

Crandon Police Chief John Dennee, speaking outside the police department about two blocks from the shooting site, would not say whether the suspect was dead. But he said: "We're not looking for anybody anymore."

Dennee would not confirm details about the shooting, but a dispatcher for the State Patrol who declined to give his full name as a matter of department practice said the suspect is an employee of the Forest County Sheriff's Department and a part-time officer for the Crandon Police Department.

Several State Patrol officers went to Forest County to help investigators, the dispatcher said.

"It's a pretty tragic situation here," said County Supervisor Tom Vollmar, who lives just outside Crandon, a city of about 2,000 people. "There are five or six people dead."

The State Patrol and the Crandon Fire Department detoured a steady stream of traffic from two blocks of U.S. Highway 8 in the downtown area. Some residents stood in nearby front yards.

Crandon Mayor Gary Bradley declined to comment on the status of the investigation.

"We are going to get together and be strong," he said. "We are a strong community. We always have been. This is agonizing, but we will prevail."

The northeast Wisconsin town is about 225 miles north of Milwaukee. The area is known for logging, and fishing, hunting and snowmobiling

Wonder why they are trying to prevent details getting out?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I have to agree on him eating his gun. The only question is does he have more people to take out before he does it or is he done.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#50]
just before 3 am gunfire erupted at a home in Crandon. A witness says 10 area youths between 17 and 20 were at the home, and one suspect, the law enforcement officer, fired all the shots. At least two of the victims are said to be high school students.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top