Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still one of ours, guys.

He's not "one of ours..".....

Ok...He's not "one of mine".

Fuck him dude. I don't care a damn.  Stupid is as stupid does.

How many times have I read posts from our brethren in the military saying "I don't agree with what (insert idiotic peace activist's name here) said but I will defend - to the death - their right to say it"

I may never have served but I aspire to have that level of compassion.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]

This is Tom cleaning up Fallujah. All he needed was a "Kidnap and murder me" sign on his back
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought all the Keyborne Commandos on this site didn't care about his pansy ass...?

If he's one of those peace freaks....I don't care a damn. Guess I suck.

If thy kill any American and you don't give a shit then maybe you're right.

You know what dude?  I accept that from you.
That fucker gave up his "American" dues
a long time ago.  If you'd rather have
that fucking POS Peacenick standing
beside you when it comes to it.......Bravo!

I don't want to stand with you, if you
stand with traitors.

You have me all wrong on this one.
I am pissed they killed an American , PERIOD.

I have no direct sympathy for the person in question , especially after I read why he was over there.

I take offense that they believed they were killing an American to hurt us, you don't actually believe they thought they were doing us a favor do you?
Their motives in killing him are why i would like to do the same to them ten fold.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought all the Keyborne Commandos on this site didn't care about his pansy ass...?

You do suck.  

They are still Americans

Sorry, some Americans are less Americans than others. Those trying to "expose" OUR troops as criminals is one.

Again, I hate the bastards that did this, and we should find them, and string them up for the world to see.

I just don't give a shit about the POS they killed, just as I don't give a shit about the bitch reporter they got...

Even though we don't know this guy was a POS, or that reporter they got is a bitch.

Nope, I'm pretty sure on both....

*Heh*...You and me against the world.

There are just some people in this world that i'm ok with seeing dead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still one of ours, guys.

He's not "one of ours..".....

Ok...He's not "one of mine".

Fuck him dude. I don't care a damn.  Stupid is as stupid does.

How many times have I read posts from our brethren in the military saying "I don't agree with what (insert idiotic peace activist's name here) said but I will defend - to the death - their right to say it"

I may never have served but I aspire to have that level of compassion.

Yeah, but there is a big difference between defending his rights, and giving a shit if his stupidity got him killed.

Would you have much sympathy for a full functioning, otherwise intelligent adult who wanders into the bear cage, and gets killed by the bears if his reasoning is "I want to be their friends they will understand and treat me well"?

Same instance here. Only the bears were muslims....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If thy kill any American and you don't give a shit then maybe you're right.

You know what dude?  I accept that from you.
That fucker gave up his "American" dues
a long time ago.  If you'd rather have
that fucking POS Peacenick standing
beside you when it comes to it.......Bravo!

I don't want to stand with you, if you
stand with traitors.

You have me all wrong on this one.
I am pissed they killed an American , PERIOD.

I have no direct sympathy for the person in question , especially after I read why he was over there.

I take offense that they believed they were killing an American to hurt us, you don't actually believe they thought they were doing us a favor do you?
Their motives in killing him are why i would like to do the same to them ten fold.

1st off....Can I just say I'm sorry?

Temper gets away with me somtimes.

I get the "One of us" thing...i subscribe to it..most times.

I'll call "Peace" here....I don't like argueing with americans either.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Then party on with your hatred.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Cheers.

Party on with you peacenick love then, I guess....Since you want to leave a parting shot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, just out of curiousity for the guy (and girls if any) who might be saying "but he was still an American"

Is there a point where that doesn't matter, and where is that point for you.

Is Jihad Johnny, John Walker Lindh AOK with you, even though he was FIGHTING with al queda elements in Afghanistan? Afterall, he IS an American?

Serious question, is there a line where you would say "fuck him (or her) they got what they deserved"

How about Rachael Corrie? She was an American too...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry...I'm at a loss....Who is it that was
executed?  Makes a big difference before
I start posting sad faces.  If he's one of those peace freaks I have no sympathy.

......I may be over stepping as a newbie...but HE'S AN AMERICAN, period. I may not agree with what he stands for there, but I dispise the thought that "they" think they have the right to take even one American life and he was killed only because he's American not because he's any kind of 'activist'

Yeah the guy they executed was an asshole no doubt, but he did not deserve to die. and he was executed because he was not a muslim, and maybe even if he was a muslim not a muslim of their kind. Savages.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will still serve over here to protect his right to say wrongheaded shit about the country I love.  At least he was willing to die for his beliefs no matter how poorly placed.

He wasn't willing to die, he just got pwned.

Fuck him, he is the reason why the insurgents hold on. They percieve us as weak, and if he perpetuates that image, then it motivates them to kill just one more 'merican, then the infidels leave and we can plan the next 9-11.

I welcome you to join us over here.  There is plenty of work for all interested.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, just out of curiousity for the guy (and girls if any) who might be saying "but he was still an American"

Is Jihad Johnny, John Walker Lindh AOK with you, even though he was FIGHTING with al queda elements in Afghanistan? Afterall, he IS an American?

Serious question, is there a line where you would say "fuck him (or her) they got what they deserved"

Jihad Johnny was an American....I guess I should feel sad.  I'd like to feel sad, but, I can't.

I wan't to feel sad for a guy that was killing Americans......Even though he was "One of us"
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]
As time goes on her at ARFCOM you see who is really who. Still wish we had an ignore button here.

I hope God has mercy on Tom Fox's soul.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers.

Party on with you peacenick love then, I guess....Since you want to leave a parting shot.

You're a "last word" kinda guy aren't you?

Call me a Peacenik...

Edit: I'm a WARNIK!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#16]
While I was in Iraq part of my job was to make sure people received training that would keep them alive when they went out. He was text book of what not to do, just as most of the people that were kidnapped were doing something outside of security protocol.

He brought this upon himself. Just a surely if a woman went walking in the back alleys of SW D.C. on a Friday night and she got raped.....

He may have believed he was doing something good, (which I, also being a Christian, would disagree with) but he went about it in way that would get himself killed.

From what my friends back in Iraq tell me he and his group activlly worked against us while they were alive. So in my book he was a traitor to our country. While it's not good that he died in this way he will not be doing things that get our guys killed anymore.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jihad Johnny was an American....I guess I should feel sad.  I'd like to feel sad, but, I can't.

I wan't to feel sad for a guy that was killing Americans......Even though he was "One of us"

Waging war against your country and serving in the forces of our enemy is another matter entirely.  I can repect pacifists who are not cowards even if I disagree with them.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers.

You're a "last word" kinda guy aren't you?

Call me a Peacenik...

Edit: I'm a WARNIK!

Good on you then!

(last word)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
While I was in Iraq part of my job was to make sure people received training that would keep them alive when they went out. He was text book of what not to do, just as most of the people that were kidnapped were doing something outside of security protocol.

He brought this upon himself. Just a surely if a woman went walking in the back alleys of SW D.C. on a Friday night and she got raped.....

He may have believed he was doing something good, (which I, also being a Christian, would disagree with) but he went about it in way that would get himself killed.

From what my friends back in Iraq tell me he and his group activlly worked against us while they were alive. So in my book he was a traitor to our country. While it's not good that he died in this way he will not be doing things that get our guys killed anymore.

Well, assuming what this man has to say is true (and I see no reason not to believe him) there you go...the guy was a POS...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If he actively worked against us then he got his traitors death.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Waging war against your country and serving in the forces of our enemy is another matter entirely.  I can repect pacifists who are not cowards even if I disagree with them.

"Pacifist" is just another word for "Scumbag".

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
He is being described by the Associated Press as a "Christian activist".

Shoulda had a Red Cross on his chest adn a rifle with lots of magazines then.......

No real sympathy for some hippy being schooled on the real world (reminds me of Bulldozer girl in many ways)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, assuming what this man has to say is true (and I see no reason not to believe him) there you go...the guy was a POS...

What I'd said from the begining.  But.....i was intolerant on PG1.  I'm all of a sudden more relevent on PG 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, there you go...you do have a line. It appears that your line and my line are just at different places.

How about Rachael Corrie...she was not waging war against her own country, but she certainly was active for people who hate us. She was pictured snarling like an animal and burning our flag...which side of the line is she on?

Again, not trying to stir shit, just curious to see where people stand in regards to this issue...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Ever hear the parable about the scorpion and the frog?  

What did this guy think was going to happen roaming the streets of Iraq unarmed like he was a native when even being a native buys you zero safety? "Hi mister insurgent, I'm mister unarmed American. Can we be friends? Notice how I placidly rake your rubble for you."

I hate seeing any innocent get killed but if you jump in the viper nest don't cry about getting the fangs. Now, let's go wipe out the vipers before someone else gets the same treatment.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most so-called pacifists are cowards, but some believe enough in what they stand for that it is still honorable even if overly simplistic or misguided.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, there you go...you do have a line. It appears that your line and my line are just at different places.

How about Rachael Corrie...she was not waging war against her own country, but she certainly was active for people who hate us. She was pictured snarling like an animal and burning our flag...which side of the line is she on?

Again, not trying to stir shit, just curious to see where people stand in regards to this issue...

Not totally familiar with her situation.  I do believe that defending this clown's right to not agree with me is worth fighting for lest the day come I cannot speak for my values.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I definately like Citizen Soldier. He's definately one squared away individual. He seems to truely understand what America is about and what his role in it is. I applaud you sir and thank god there are men like you to defend her.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most so-called pacifists are cowards, but some believe enough in what they stand for that it is still honorable even if overly simplistic or misguided.  

i went to Bethany Christian High School.  If you don't know, it, resarch it.

I know all about pacifists.  I have no respect for them.  I have no respect for any man that would stand withut threat of violence.  Pacifists.........Ok..Unless you have lived in a mennonite community..you have no idea.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You are quite correct. There were many pacifists in WWII, who still answered the call, but would only serve as medics or litter bearers, etc. These I will respect.

But those pacifist ilk who are out there bad mouthing our military, the same one our great grandfathers, grandfathers, fathers (and mothers) and I served in, and all the men and women who serve today, going in harms way, VOLUNTEERING to go into harms way...those types, I'll piss on their graves.

And this guy appears to have been the latter....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I definately like Citizen Soldier. He's definately one squared away individual. He seems to truely understand what America is about and what his role in it is. I applaud you sir and thank god there are men like you to defend her.  

Thank you.  Just trying to get me and my unit through this next year in one piece.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i went to Bethany Christian High School.  If you don't know, it, resarch it.

I know all about pacifists.  I have no respect for them.  I have no respect for any man that would stand withut threat of violence.  Pacifists.........Ok..Unless you have lived in a mennonite community..you have no idea.

Had a little contact growing up in southern Kansas.  It is still their right to be wrong in your opinion as it is mine and yours.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#33]
The man was in Iraq trying to do some good.  He was there under his own volition and he knew the risks.  There was very little if any the US govt could've helped him.  I'm sure that Uncle Sam did all he could considering the limited amount of leverage he has with the moslem extremists.  Here is one fellow that actually "put his money where is mouth was," of couse he paid a real high price for his beliefs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tossed in disclaimers for my opinion because I have a bad habit of opening my piehole and stepping on my proverbial dick. As a newbie I don't want to make myself unwelcomed for being too forward. That having been said...this is where I stand: I know that every tree hugging fuckstick that tries to "do good" over there is an abduction waiting to happen. If they had been killed for being tree hugging fucksticks, good riddens...my beef is that johnny jihad using them to illustrate false power by "killing Americans". If they came out in videos and said "This is what we do to Peace Activists", more power to them, I'd load the mag...they don't, they just show that they can kill Americans. That's all. Above all, it doesn't matter worth a damn if I agree with one word in the thread, I would lay down my life-sincerely- for everyone's right to every word they post.  I'm not noble..the 1st ammendment allows me to put food on my table; the 2nd, to protect it. No one has to agree, that doesn't mean anyone 'sucks'.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are quite correct. There were many pacifists in WWII, who still answered the call, but would only serve as medics or litter bearers, etc. These I will respect.

But those pacifist ilk who are out there bad mouthing our military, the same one our great grandfathers, grandfathers, fathers (and mothers) and I served in, and all the men and women who serve today, going in harms way, VOLUNTEERING to go into harms way...those types, I'll piss on their graves.

I have met a few of the type you mention.  They are men and women of conscience and courage.  I still will defend the rights of ones who I disagree with.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Not totally familiar with her situation.  I do believe that defending this clown's right to not agree with me is worth fighting for lest the day come I cannot speak for my values.

Again, I am not abdicating his right to not agree with me, and I have and would again defend everyones right to do so.

I also said I hate those who did this, and would like to see them found and killed, and strung up.

I just won't shed a tear over this individual.

I HAVE shed many a tear since 9/11, for those who deserved it, and for those serving beside their Brothers who have been killed.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The man was in Iraq trying to do some good.  He was there under his own volition and he knew the risks.  There was very little if the US govt could've helped him.  I'm sure that Uncle Sam did all he could considering the limited amount of leverage he has with the moslem extremists.  Here is one fellow that actually "put his money where is mouth was," of couse he paid a real high price for his beliefs.

And i don't give a damn for him.  An opponant of liberty has met his fate.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The man was in Iraq trying to do some good.  He was there under his own volition and he knew the risks.  There was very little if the US govt could've helped him.  I'm sure that Uncle Sam did all he could considering the limited amount of leverage he has with the moslem extremists.  Here is one fellow that actually "put his money where is mouth was," of couse he paid a real high price for his beliefs.

Even though I may disagree with his beliefs, it puts him miles ahead of those who speak but never act on their convictions.  I find it hard past a certain point to speak ill of the dead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I think he got what he disserved, he is paying for his ignorance, I'm not pleased that he was killed, but I think he is a victim of his own negligence.

Believing in something, does not necessarily make it the real...

"welcome to the real world"
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have met a few of the type you mention.  They are men and women of conscience and courage.  I still will defend the rights of ones who I disagree with.

I'd challenge anyone to come up with names.
there have been a few in my ranks.....i was a medic....There were a few very brave medics
that served their country as pasifiscts.  There is a PROFOUND difference between these men
and, the modern peace movement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even though I may disagree with his beliefs, it puts him miles ahead of those who speak but never act on their convictions.  I find it hard past a certain point to speak ill of the dead.

Cool.....I list him as "Traitor"
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I think anyone who goes over there and doesn't see that what we're doing is nothing other than helping people is an asshole.

That said, I wouldn't wish that kind of death on my worst enemy.  I think the the final punctuation mark to this poor soul's life only serves to underscore the fact that the "people" we're up against are animals.  Not all so-called humans are created equal.  The kind of shitbags that killed this guy must be crushed, its the only kind of pacification they understand.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#43]
if he's one of those peace freaks or reporters...  GOOD, they just make us look like shit over here anyway.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I start posting sad faces.  If he's one of those peace freaks I have no sympathy.

You gotta fuckin' be kidding.. He is an AMERICAN! His being a "peace freak" does NOT change that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I think anyone who goes over there and doesn't see that what we're doing there is nothing other than helping people is an asshole.

That said, I wouldn't wish that kind of death on my worst enemy.  I think the the final punctuation mark to this poor soul's life only serves to underscore the fact that the "people" we're up against are animals.  Not all so-called humans are created equal.  The kind of shitbags that killed this guy must be crushed, its the only kind of pacification they understand.

We are working on it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

still an American...

Traitor?

hmm...Don't care a damn.

ETA:  May that scumbag meet a psuitably painful fate.  

The day my sympathy lies with a peace protester is the day
I put my pistol in my mouth.

COC Bars me from being more expressive.

Nice sentiments, you've reached an all time low. What can I say, Bon Appitite..
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#47]
He was still an American and he is from my home town.

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You gotta fuckin' be kidding.. He is an AMERICAN! His being a "peace freak" does NOT change that.

*heh* does for me.  Read back.  He's not an American AFAIK
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think anyone who goes over there and doesn't see that what we're doing there is nothing other than helping people is an asshole.

We are working on it.

Yup, I just got back in December myself, 340 days in Sadr City....Godspeed to you and your guys!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
He was still an American and he is from my home town.

Bomber

Super duper!  An agent of our enemy is from your town and you mourn his death.

Thanks!

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top