Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Marlin 1895G Guide Gun in 45-70 "Gub-Mint".

It has been "updated" with the Ashley Outdoors sights and a Leupold IER 2.5x28mm Scout scope mounted on an Ashley Scout Base with Weaver QRW Quick Release Rings.

I have photo's of it but my photo server isn't working at the moment!

If you would like to see them I can e-mail them to you. Just let me know.

IMHO it is the best setup for a Guide Gun type rifle because you have a scope and if need be in a couple of seconds you have them big Ashley's ready to rock!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm also a Marlin fan, I have three of them.
1894S .44 Mag
1894CB .45 Colt
1895 .45-70

They are all great guns and I haven't had a single malfunction with any of them.

The 1894S .44 Mag is an older model with the Micro-groove rifling, it does tend to lead up when shooting cast bullets - I intend to sell it and replace it with a newer model that has the Ballard type rifling.

The 1894CB is just plain fun to shoot, very accurate with the plain old buckhorn sights.  I use it when shooting SASS, or just out plinking.

The 1895 .45-70 is a great Elk gun.  Right now it is wearing a scope for accuracy while I work up some new hunting loads, then the scope will be replaced with a Williams peep sight.

IMO you can't go wrong with a Marlin...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/084149.jpg[/img]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top