User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I shoot the red-headded stepchild of bows.  Oneida Black Eagle ESC.  I get funny looks and my hunting friends always laugh at me, but I have taken two deer with my old Screaming Eagle (much older Oneida)

Go try them all out at a shop.

+1 on the 100yrd hunting.  Very bad idea.

Based ONLY on looks, I've always wanted one of those black eagle bows.

oneidaeaglebows.com/includes/be.jpg

I like that they've got just one line running from tip to tip, as opposed to the cables of a regular compound. It looks cool.

That is exactly what I thought when my dad brought home his Screaming Eagle 20 years ago.  He since passed it on to me, but this Christmas felt that I needed an upgrade.  He got me the Black Eagle just like in the pic.

The only real problem with the Oneida line of bows is that most archery shops are afraid of them and they are rather loud.  With some limbsavers, shockfins, and felt, they can be made very quiet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm looking for a bow that isn't hard to find with a 100 pound draw. I could always work out more if I can't handle it. I think I will be able to though.

LMAO

I used to own an archery shop.

My money is you can't draw a 70 lb bow.

I shot an 80# bow for years. The 70# Hoyts that I shoot now, one shoots appox 50 fps faster and the other shoots 80 fps faster at a 10 plus pound less draw weight.

Technology has made those ultra heavy draw weight bows a thing of the past for serious bowhunters.

You don't seem to be serious. I hope I'm wrong and you are serious. Archery is a great, and addictive sport.

I saw at wal-mart a Bow for 40 dollars It was long bow an had like 20 pound draw I think i might buy one of those and one of those target blocks and start there. After a few weeks with that I will invest in a more expensive bow. But I see this tred something gut hunting bear with a long bow and getting it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Just to throughly hi-jack this thread...I traded for a bow when I was in high school.  I shot one string totally off of it and then replaced it with a black diamond string that was too short so my pull went up to around  70 lbs. I just looked this bow up becuse of this thread and now I am the VERY  proud keeper of a Ben Pearson Strato jet hunting bow built in 1957!!!! Damn thing is older than I am.  I have made 100 yard target shots with it...it is a LONG bow after all.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top