Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Many years ago. Was not impressed by it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
it appears  the authors website has his blag  where he is a obamay supporter

He's not.  Read more than titles.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved it, and to hell with all the haters. You can go read your Catcher in the Rye or one of those other ghey ass "classics".
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be seriously pissed if I'd bought it.

I got it from the library.  Since then, I've read the PDF once.  A good timekiller when work is very, very slow
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I loved it, and to hell with all the haters. You can go read your Catcher in the Rye or one of those other ghey ass "classics".

Dude, it has nothing to do with it not being a "literary" novel.  I read and enjoy Vince Flynn, Brad Thor, Lee Child, earlier Tom Clancy...I loves me some shoot-em-up novels.  It has to do with the story being hardly above a comic book leve.  The first part, where he's chronicling abuses by the government against people's Second Amendment rights is interesting but reads like a textbook.  Then it becomes a badly-written piece of fanfic.  The end is the worst part, the worst sort of impossible wish-fulfilment fantasy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I walked into the "Used Book Superstore" today to see what they had. I read this thread last week so decided to take a stab in the dark and see if it was there, but didn't expect to have any luck. I saw it being sold on Amazon for anywhere from $80- $200 depending on condition. Surely if they realized it had any value they'd sell it online, right?

Well lo and behold - I found a brand new, unread copy on the shelf. It's in perfect condition. No bent pages, no dirty corners, no creases in the binding.  I paid $2.99. Can't beat that, even if I don't like it....it only cost $2.99. And if I decide to sell it I'll make a few bucks.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, it has nothing to do with it not being a "literary" novel.  I read and enjoy Vince Flynn, Brad Thor, Lee Child, earlier Tom Clancy...I loves me some shoot-em-up novels.  It has to do with the story being hardly above a comic book leve.  The first part, where he's chronicling abuses by the government against people's Second Amendment rights is interesting but reads like a textbook.  Then it becomes a badly-written piece of fanfic.  The end is the worst part, the worst sort of impossible wish-fulfilment fantasy.

Just finished UC the other day. You say the end is the worst part, I was actually getting upset with the Irwin Mann character towards the end, right up until........he redeemed himself, (to not spoil the end) "Jewish people can't eat pork but can they raise it?".

I found it a great read. Spent alot of time looking into the "events" in the story like the Ballew raid and Miller NFA.

As far as Vince Flynn, Just started Term Limits. easy fast read.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was a good book .  Bought it years ago and lent it to a guy and the sob lost it and then I lost track of him.   It reminds me of the gun culture that I grew up in.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Every time a UC thread comes up, I think of a thread that that ETH commented quite heavily in concerning that type of situation.. Stand up guy Wayne was...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Loved it , both times .

For those of you wanting more , try "Enemies Foreign and Domestic "
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Every time a UC thread comes up, I think of a thread that that ETH commented quite heavily in concerning that type of situation.. Stand up guy Wayne was...

Any chance of a link ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any chance of a link ?

Probably not.. ETH was quite the prolific poster....

ETA:
Here is a short one..
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any chance of a link ?

Probably not.. ETH was quite the prolific poster....

ETA:
Here is a short one..

Nice
Thanks Hydguy

Quoted:Where does simple liberal idiocy end and manifest treason to this country begin?

This man( one of the gun-grabbing politicians in the story ) was a traitor to the Constitution while in office, as are all politicians who willfully vote to dimish the rights that millions of Americans have fought and died to preserve for our benefit!

What an inheritance they have squandered, and for what?

People control! To keep us all poor unarmed peasants!

The gun-grabbers deserve everything they would likely receive in any 'Revolution', for they have singlehandedly made such dire action necessary.

And when that end comes, IF ever it does, I would be more than willing to serve as the Chief Arm-grabber for tired old liberal azzed fucks who were just as traitorous to our Republic as any Benedict Arnold or Julius Rosenberg ever wished to be.

And the penalty for treason is death.

This "welcome-back" statement gave me the chills though . . . . .

Originally Posted ByFanoftheBlackRifle :

ETH! Glad to see ya on the board again!

Hope you're feeling better, and any recovery left goes well and quickly for you.

Damn.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
sig line check  . . . . . .

Thank youHydguy , and many thanks to you ,brother Hun .
You are sorely missed , but certainly not forgotten .
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still waiting for Hog Feeding Time.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Good novel.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to ARFCOM ten years ago.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I read it. ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC is 10x better.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Sure. Read it and liked it
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Poorly written.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top