User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Probably not true. I bet she just got drunk and killed herself and then blamed the guy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're trying to make this a "crazy Christian school" thing, but basically all Universities do everything in their power to fudge the Clery reports to make campuses look safer than they actually are.

This.

Eastern Michigan University had a huge scandal about this a few years back, girl actually ended up raped and murdered.

Probably not true. I bet she just got drunk and killed herself and then blamed the guy.

In the EMU case it wasn't student-on-student crime they were covering up, it was the ghetto dwellers preying upon the college kids.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:09:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Make no mistake, Bob Jones U. is a "crazy christian school"  but most universities just do it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well put
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to a christian high school with heavy affiliations with BJU. I had to spend a few days on their campus for national fine arts competition. That place is nuts!!! There are certain parts of campus restricted to the opposite sex. You have to apply for permission to go on a date and be accompanied by a chaperon. There is a dating parlor just full of three seat couches so you can have supervised dates. Both parties must sit on the extreme end of the ouch. All this was in 2008 so I don't know what may have changed.

Seriously?

That makes BYU's code of conduct sound like an off-campus frat house at FSU.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Well put

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
having grown up in a fundamental baptist church, this does not come as much of a surprise.  

worst thing i saw was a 45-year-old deacon engaged in statutory rape of a 16 year old.  turns out that the associate pastor was also banging the girl (who, to be fair, was ridiculously hot).  despite the fact that both men were married, they suffered no disciplinary action, while the girl and her family were drummed out of the church for seducing good men of god.
View Quote

When I was in Venezuela I know a lady who was drummed out of a local Catholic community when she informed on the local priest being naughty.

This isn't something limited to any particular group.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They're trying to make this a "crazy Christian school" thing, but basically all Universities do everything in their power to fudge the Clery reports to make campuses look safer than they actually are.

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Interestingly enough a facebook story popped up on my feed this morning about how one of my friends (a cute girl who's dad is a local preacher) woke up to find a strange man standing over her bed. She screamed, he grabbed her phone and fled.

It took no more than two "comments" to her status before someone, in all capital letters, proceeded to pour out a sermon about how Lord Jesus had protected her and how this was all according to His plan for her.

I had to read it a few times. Pause. Ponder. And wonder if she would have had the same message had this girl been raped.

I messaged her that although I know she has a strong faith in God, He doesn't smite rapists with lighting bolts and that if she needs handgun questions, less lethal questions, or wants someone to help guide her through training on either of those to message me.

While I'm on the subject (and ripped on a Monster) has it ever struck you how depressing the oft repeated phrase "Without the Lord Jesus Christ I am nothing" is?

Sure, Jesus can make your life better I guess, but being nothing without him? That's a bit steep. How about "You are awesome, Lord Jesus Christ makes you even more awesome."
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bob Jones University is the same university that used to ban bi-racial relationships. They are worse than Pensacola Christian College... and I find that to be quite an accomplishment.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob Jones University is the same university that used to ban bi-racial relationships. They are worse than Pensacola Christian College... and I find that to be quite an accomplishment.  

I graduated from BJU twice, in '91 and again in '97. Their policy against inter-racial relationships existed only on paper and in the minds of people who hate the school, namely liberals. Never once did I see any such policy enforced, nor was I ever approached by anyone whenever I spent time with a black girl while on campus.

Oh yeah, and my black roommate in '91 didn't seem to care either.

Thankfully, BJU shut up all the liberals when they got rid of the supposed "rule" in 2000, even though nothing actually changed, because no one that I know was ever pinched for it or even cared that such a rule existed.

Now the haters are finding something else to bash BJU with, even though perhaps the worst offender of keeping student sexual assaults quiet is the University of Connecticut.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Every Bob Jones person I have met is either a looney tune, a homosexual, or a coke head, or a combination of all three.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dont worry no one is ever going to pray you straight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to an investigative report from Al Jazeera America, rape victims searching for help at Bob Jones University in Greenville, S.C., were told to repent and seek out their own "root sin” that caused them to be raped.

LOL.

given that bob jones types think you can pray away the gay, this is plausible...

Dont worry no one is ever going to pray you straight

so it didn't work for you huh? what about aversion therapy? or maybe if you just look at enough pictures of pretty girls, your tastes will change?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Using God in this manner is unconscionable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly this is often the case.  In this particular case religion was just the excuse the University is using.

No argument from me about that.  Just acknowledging the motives that are pretty much universal among universities.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I graduated from BJU twice, in '91 and again in '97. Their policy against inter-racial relationships existed only on paper and in the minds of people who hate the school, namely liberals. Never once did I see any such policy enforced, nor was I ever approached by anyone whenever I spent time with a black girl while on campus.

Thankfully, BJU shut up all the liberals when they got rid of the supposed "rule" in 2000, even though nothing actually changed, because no one that I know was ever pinched for it or even cared that such a rule existed.

Now the haters are finding something else to bash BJU with, even though perhaps the worst offender of keeping student sexual assaults quiet is the University of Connecticut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simply having it on paper is fucking vile and despicable.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No argument from me about that.  Just acknowledging the motives that are pretty much universal among universities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly this is often the case.  In this particular case religion was just the excuse the University is using.

That was the point I was trying to get at as well.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#15]
. . . report from Al Jazeera America
View Quote

Come on, people.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Come on, people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Come on, people.

It doesn't make those schools any less fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Come on, people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Come on, people.

Al Jazeera is a reputable and respected news source, believe it or not.

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every Bob Jones person I have met is either a looney tune, a homosexual, or a coke head, or a combination of all three.

My bad, being in CT you must know a lot more Bob Jones students than me.

It's hyperbole based on truth I can assure you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now they don't. What's your problem? Your country used to allow slavery. Now it doesn't. Do you still want to fight that battle? Reparations? What do you want more than an about-face?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might be surprised.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top