Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a fag. Hope the therapy is expensive and unsatisfying, much like my first marriage.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s good to be the king.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as they keep getting clicks, they will post stupid shit like this. Don't give them clicks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The satire in Blazing Saddles is so obvious even the most PC/Snowflake person would get what Mel Brooks and Richard Prior are poking fun at, I would hope.

I guess people like the author of that review are so sensitive, nothing can be funny.

Can’t fix stupid
View Quote
Richard Pryor took no part in "Blazing Saddles"
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a great movie. If he is offended even better
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m surprised they still show it on cable, we watch it in the bar all the time.
View Quote
Generally, they run a slightly censored version eg sometimes the line is just “Up yours” with the rest cut out.

However, one channel did run the unexpurgated version this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#9]
If you really want to trigger whomever wrote that, send them a link to this thread.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Blazing Saddles is an epic movie, funnier than shit! Saw it when it first came out, no pussified snowflake fucks to be offended, everyone laughed and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
He wrote it with Mel Brooks.

Just now bought the dvd.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]

That #6 routine was about the funniest thing ever
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just now bought the dvd.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just now bought the dvd.
If the line contains a racial slur, it was probably written by Pryor.
If it mentions Jews or Hitler, it was probably Brooks
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I like rape.
View Quote
Charming, sign right here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just now bought the dvd.
View Quote
Never knew that. Kewl.

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I've watched that movie many a time, often in mixed company (women, Mexicans, and Jews so far), and everyone always gets a huge laugh.

Tried to watch it with a group not too long ago, several of whom didn't know anything about the movie, and ended up having to buy a copy, as we couldn't get it anywhere on the 'net. Again, even the relatively young "newbies" found it hilarious.

Mel Brooks doesn't let anyone feel left out, that's the beauty of it...I wish we could get over ourselves and stop trying to force PC culture on everyone so nobody gets their  feelings hurt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Of course, you’ll have the decency not to tell anyone I stopped by.
View Quote
One of the funniest lines in the movie!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess this oppressed little snowflake is unaware that one, the movie is satire; and two Mel Brooks is Jewish. And as somebody said Richard Pryor had a hand in writing it. So, a Jewish director, a black writer/comedian and SHE'S offended 40 years after it came out.

Brooks played an Indian chief and had the classic line "Schwarzies! They're darker than we are!!"

There are so many hilarious lines in that movie it's hard to keep count.

"He said the sheriff's NEAR!"

The gold lame cowboy suit alone is hilarious. The almost losing a wheelbarrow line is another. The look on Little's face is a classic. They made fun of everybody in that movie. That was the point.

"Somebody's got to go back and get a shitload of dimes!!"
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#20]
NVM
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Shut up, Becky.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Someone send her a link to Chevy Chase and Richard Prior’s Saturday Night Live sketch. Racist Word Association Job Interview.

Chevy: n word
Prior: Dead Honkey!!!!

That skit put SNL on the map along with Prior’s appearance on the show.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Amazing, hilarious genius of a movie. Made me laugh so hard I farted. More than once.

Seriously, it's a shame we've gotten so fucking uptight in this world that we can't laugh at truly funny satire. There are so many "forbidden" words any more that I don't know how people even function in mixed company. The world was a far more honest place 20 years ago than it is now, and that should make everyone sad.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I bet making fun of Trump would be okay to the reviewer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just now bought the dvd.
View Quote
Prior was also supposed to be Sheriff Bart but the studio thought he was to unreliable.  Cleavon Little was awesome, it’s sad his life was so short.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#26]
There is a certain stereotypical kind of Christian. This stereotype is (mostly) just a straw-man invented by the Left, but they do exist from time to time and there were probably more of them in the past. This stereotype Christian would get angry whenever anyone started enjoying themselves because fun was the work of Satan and everyone should constantly be on their knees begging Jesus for forgiveness instead of having a good time.

Well, much of the Left actually acts this way today and that article is proof.

Someone please bring back Dana Carvey's "Church Lady" except make her a liberal... "Could it be... RACISM?"
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#27]
1) Author is so psychologically damaged they associate humor with pain (man, talk about a "bullet in your brain" existence)
2) Author is normal but writing for an audience like (1)

My money is on (2), since they selected some of the most memorable and funny quotes to cast shade on...which means they definitely perceive the humor like a normal person.  That, or they were unable/too lazy to actually watch the film, and based the article on an IMDB page (the very poor plot summary suggests this) --could still be a (1) or a (2) in that scenario.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is it my imagination or does Hollywood almost not even bother making comedies anymore?  I look at the movie listings for the theaters week after week and it seems like comedies are few and far between.

Nobody knows how to lighten up anymore.  And people think we are not headed for a civil war?
View Quote
1) humorless libs increasingly removed from society simply cannot write or understand comedy
2) good comedy doesn't translate for shit, and China/India are bigger markets than America at this point
3) really good comedy can't be shown in most international markets, or increasingly, domestic ones
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The satire in Blazing Saddles is so obvious even the most PC/Snowflake person would get what Mel Brooks and Richard Prior are poking fun at, I would hope.

I guess people like the author of that review are so sensitive, nothing can be funny.

Can’t fix stupid
Mannnn, that would have been epic though (he & Wilder were a great duo)
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course, you’ll have the decency not to tell anyone I stopped by.
His backhanded "of course!" as well
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Bethany is a retard. My 9 year old daughter loves Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#33]
The fact that it makes people uncomfortable makes it even better.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Prior was also supposed to be Sheriff Bart but the studio thought he was to unreliable.  Cleavon Little was awesome, it’s sad his life was so short.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just now bought the dvd.
Unreliable is an understatement. They had to send bus fare so Pryor could get to the writer's room. They had to find him a hotel room, which was tough because he'd stiffed every nearby hotel and nobody wanted to rent him a room. Then, after a couple of weeks, he disappeared. When he turned up, they had to send him bus fare again.
When he worked, he really produced. You just couldn't leave him alone
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is a certain stereotypical kind of Christian. This stereotype is (mostly) just a straw-man invented by the Left, but they do exist from time to time and there were probably more of them in the past. This stereotype Christian would get angry whenever anyone started enjoying themselves because fun was the work of Satan and everyone should constantly be on their knees begging Jesus for forgiveness instead of having a good time.

Well, much of the Left actually acts this way today and that article is proof.

Someone please bring back Dana Carvey's "Church Lady" except make her a liberal... "Could it be... RACISM?"
View Quote
Ooh, gotta Photoshop "racism" onto the whiteboard that says "satan!" (LOL, autocorrect tries to capitalize satan)
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Comments are awesome “the woking dead”..lol

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#37]
My stridently-conservative Jewish civics teacher in high school made us watch Blazing Saddles in class. Then he told jokes, including:

“Sammy Davis Junior gets onto a bus. The bus driver says “blacks to the back of the bus!” Sammy says “but I’m Jewish!” The driver replies, “Get off!”
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Unreliable is an understatement. They had to send bus fare so Pryor could get to the writer's room. They had to find him a hotel room, which was tough because he'd stiffed every nearby hotel and nobody wanted to rent him a room. Then, after a couple of weeks, he disappeared. When he turned up, they had to send him bus fare again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just now bought the dvd.
He needed...an overseer?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I am old enough to remember watching Blazing Saddles on the big screen.
The airings on TV are so neutered it isn't even fucking funny anymore.
I saw it at the Fox in Atlanta, a mixed 50/50 white/black audience.  EVERYONE thought it was funny as I did.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Comments are awesome “the woking dead”..lol

View Quote
Man, how's that not a rich vein of memes already?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Satire isn't dead, it's just lost on it target.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's like will never be made again.    Once upon a time people had a magical ability to stop being twats and laugh at funny stuff.  We've evolved beyond that now.  
View Quote
This.

Even comedy coming from obvious leftists (like George Carlin) was still funny as fuck to me.
Because "no sacred cows".

Nowadays everybody triggered, admittedly including myself. Most modern comedy is unfunny to me because it is all one sided and mean spirited.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
looks like she is going to have to circle her wagon by herself.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That article sounds like steam escaping...
View Quote
Out of a waste treatment facility
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
He wrote the screenplay.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#46]
i love the comment with "the woking dead".  that's a permanent addition to my vocabulary.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I've seen cable replays of Blazing Saddles so neutered to satisfy modern feelz that it's no longer the same movie.  And no, it could not be made nowadays.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#48]
It was a masterpiece of self-ridicule.  To hell with anybody who's too stupid to see it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can’t fix stupid
He's listed as one of the writers, I do believe.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Pretty sure that movie made fun of everyone, equally.  Equality.  Very progressive actually.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top