Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Deckard is a replicant - with just enough strength and stamina to be good at hunting and killing replicants, but not enough to make humans suspect him.

He wasn't an older model, he was a newer, better model.  Commissioned by .gov probably, or Tyrell Corp, to aid in fighting the replicant issue.

He was kept a secret, even from himself, for security reasons - NO replicants allowed on earth

AFAS making Deckard stronger, faster, better - WHY?   He ALWAYS got the job done.    Sometimes, enough is enough.

You don't panic the sheeple with a MORE DANGEROUS KILLER replicant........

Slow down Conan.  Read the book.

Blade Runner was not a biography of Rick Deckard.  Deckard is not a "skin job".

Captain Bryant to Deckard "Stop right there pal.  You're not cop, you're little people."

Roy to Deckard, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.........."

Bryant: You wouldn't have come if I just asked you to. Sit down pal.
C'mon don't be an asshole Deckard. I've got four skin jobs walking the
streets.

Deckard (voice-over): Skin jobs, that's what Bryant called replicants.
In history books he was the kind of cop that used to call black men
niggers.

Bryant: They jumped a shuttle off world killed the crew and
passengers. They found the shuttle drifting off the coast two weeks
ago so we know they're around.

Deckard: Embarrassing.

Bryant: No sir. Not embarrassing, because no one's ever going to find
out they're down here. Because you're going to spot them, and you're
going to air them out.

Decakrd: I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden, he's good.

Bryant: I did. He can breath okay as long as nobody unplugs him. He's
not good enough, not as good as you. I need you, Deck. This is a bad
one, the worse yet. I need the old bladerunner, I need your magic.

Deckard: I was quit when I came in here. I'm twice as quit now.

Bryant: Stop right where you are. You know the score pal. If you're
not cop, you're little people.

Deckard: No choice, huh?

Bryant: No choice pal.

I take that to read as Bryant telling Deckard that if he walks away from being a cop he will become 'little people' not that he is one.

ANdy

I still say you're reading too much into stuff Andy!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Roy wouldn't know that Deckard was a replicant
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
For example, if you clone a dog using the DNA from a six year old dog the clone matures to adult-hood at a normal rate but then it ages at an excellerated rate and eventually dies long before what is considered to be the normal life span of a dog.

That's not true, is it?

Yes it is.

And just so you guys know. The book, Do Androids Dream of Electric sheep was written by Phillip K. Dick and Deckard is not a replicant.

Blade Runner was 'inspired' by the book but was not a film version of it.....
ANdy

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is the Novel from which the screenplay was derrived.

One of Phillip K. Dicks short stories, "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" was the inspiration for Total Recall.

Another of his short stories was the inspiration for the movie Mintority Report.

Don't forget Screamers, Imposter and Paycheck.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it's time for a new DVD with both versions and a digital remaster. The special effects relly aged well, except for the Pan-am and Atari ads.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Deckard is a replicant - with just enough strength and stamina to be good at hunting and killing replicants, but not enough to make humans suspect him.

He wasn't an older model, he was a newer, better model.  Commissioned by .gov probably, or Tyrell Corp, to aid in fighting the replicant issue.

He was kept a secret, even from himself, for security reasons - NO replicants allowed on earth

AFAS making Deckard stronger, faster, better - WHY?   He ALWAYS got the job done.    Sometimes, enough is enough.

You don't panic the sheeple with a MORE DANGEROUS KILLER replicant........

Slow down Conan.  Read the book.

Blade Runner was not a biography of Rick Deckard.  Deckard is not a "skin job".

Captain Bryant to Deckard "Stop right there pal.  You're not cop, you're little people."

The book itself is quite different than the movie.  "Inspired by" is the best description.  IIRC, in the book, Deckard was married as well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think it's time for a new DVD with both versions and a digital remaster. The special effects relly aged well, except for the Pan-am and Atari ads.

You do know Atari still makes games right?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.policeguide.com/Photo_Galleries/Firearms/blade_runner.jpg

There was a guy that built and sold replicas many years ago. I'm sure he's been out of the business for a while but you could get to his website at the turn of the century. The lower frame is fabricated on a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 with a pistol grip magazine fashioned in. The upper was  fabricated from a Steyr Mannlicher bolt action something or other and was supposed to be a large gauge explosive round which Deckard used on his first shot attempt while Batty was entering Sebastian's apartment.

Loved that film. Wish could get the original on DVD. Scott was supposed to have it in the works to rework the film again but guess there's too many conflicts with too many interests as to who has property rights to the film.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do know Atari still makes games right?

Unreal Tournament 2004
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
DIRECTORS CUT ONLY!!

Almost a different movie without that ridiculous voice-over.  

I gave the director's cut away...it SUCKS without the voice-over, which helped with the "noirish" quality. Just goes to show ya (rhetorical), ya can't please everybody.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Deckard a replicant....

Think along the lines of Rachel, Tyrell was developing them to become more and more like a human  and less and less able to realise they are replicants.

ANdy

And was that ever released?  I got the soundtrack at the time of the movie but it wasn't Vangelis's real version straight out the movie as there was some problem with rights.  Don't know if the actual soundtrack came out later.

<Later> Here is the story on the soundtrack debacle, scroll down to see it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top