Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No, Stubbs.  Smith and Wesson sold their SOUL.  Read the agreement.  That was a complete sellout.  Bill Ruger made a mistake, admitted it, and has tried to atone for it, but perfect people just can't forgive.  
View Quote

You must be joking.  Forgive?  Scroll up and read the quotes for the Ruger-Brokaw interview again.  

You and I are simple civilians, that can't handle a 30 round mag and a folding stock.  We are a danger to society.  Congress should pass a law prohibiting us cerebrally challenged people from owning these guns.  

Congress did.

Ohhh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean all that.  I really do support the constitution in all its aspects.  You gunowners are great.  Blah blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No disputing Ruger's errors here.  He [i]was[/i] naive.  Times have changed and, seeing where Ruger is spending their money fighting [b]our[/b] fight, so has Ruger.

Seeing as some dislike Ruger so much, then how many millions can you all contribute to replace his donations to the legal battles?  After all, since some of you say he's no damn good, then so's his money.

Please pledge your millions here:

Seems like some want it both ways: Ruger: Bad.  Ruger's legal defense money: Good.
Ruger still bad.  
View Quote

His money [i]is[/i] good.  Any money for the cause is good.  If Al Gore wants to contribute money...that's great.  If Fineswine wants to contribute...that's also great.

What B. Ruger did to the cause....[i]is still bad[/i].
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Swinestein

View Quote

raf,   "Swinestein" ??

[:D]
View Quote

A somewhat less-than-affectionate name for Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-CA.

BTW, are you a present/former submariner?  I'll bet either I or my G/F helped build one or more of your boats.
View Quote

raf,
former.  I rode three "Electric Boat Company, Groton subs and one that I picked up in new construction at Mare Island.

The Sargo was the fifth but I can't remember who did the building.

(Got the Swine-stein - with apologies to all swine and Jews)  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I switched over to Ruger after the S&W BS.....BIG MISTAKE. Purchased 3 NEW revolvers
GP100, Super Blackhawk, and a RedHawk befor the NY crime bill went into effect on 3/1/01.

2 of the 3 had to get sent back to mother Ruger.
Their QC as bart simpson said "sucks and blows"
The blachhawk had a .010 deep counterbore around the fireing pin hole causing the primer to backout locking up the cylinder. Had to pound out a loaded cylinder. [:(!]

The Redhawk had bad endshake causing the cylinder to contact the barrel along with the ring notches being off .020.

Called customer service and the guy said no problem send them back. Had to argue with the guy to get them to sent me a prepaid mailing label for each of them. I aint spending $80 to next day air....2 f'n new handguns!

Got them back 2 months later.....and promply traded all of them for a new V-match.

Ruger can kiss my [moon] .
You have been warned!!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Can someone post a credible excerpt from Bill's apology or statement of his repentance?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]A little while ago, some threads here bashed Bill Ruger unmercifully for his actions of the past. These actions were seen as sellouts to the antis, and as totally self-serving.[/b]

I was pointing out some serious QC issues with Ruger to folks that might be "on the fence" regarding a ruger purchase (sellouts or not). I'm not bashing ruger for their actions of the past......but their actions right now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[b]A little while ago, some threads here bashed Bill Ruger unmercifully for his actions of the past. These actions were seen as sellouts to the antis, and as totally self-serving.[/b]

I was pointing out some serious QC issues with Ruger to folks that might be "on the fence" regarding a ruger purchase (sellouts or not). I'm not bashing ruger for their actions of the past......but their actions right now.
View Quote
I have had ZERO problems with my P-series of my Mini.  NONE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#15]
If Ruger wishes to make right on his "mistake", then maybe he should consider using his clout to help in the efforts to reverse or amend this absured provision that limits mag capacity to 10 and prohibits configuation based on the most dangerous apachures of a firearm ie, bayonet lug, pistol grip, mag or mag well that protrudes conspicuiously from beneath the weapon, and of course the deadliest of all, the evil, sinister flash hider. I know of dozens that have been killed by flash hiders. Hell, we should even ban the language. HAHA
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone post a credible excerpt from Bill's apology or statement of his repentance?
View Quote

No, Ruger isn't much of a public kind of guy.  Some exceptions have noted above, when he screwed up before Congress.

View Quote

Ah.

I see.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
BTW, are you a present/former submariner?  I'll bet either I or my G/F helped build one or more of your boats.
View Quote

Shouldn't your handly end with a [b]T[/b] then?

As in raft.  [8D]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#19]
i can't say i have owned many rugers. i had a 10/22 that i liked very much, but the words that came out of his mouth shock me.

he will never get a penny from me untill he lobbies for the removal of those same laws that he championed, AS LOUDLY AND PUBLICLY OR MORESO than as he championed these draconian "mistakes".

when he does this, i will forgive him, but i will never forget.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I guess you are misinterpreting my point.

Let me make it as clear as I can.

If he chooses to be vocal, he can.

He was vocal about his position regarding trusting regular old law abiding citizens.

He has not been vocal about admitting any mistake.

I think it's great that he contributes to the NRA and other RKBA movements, but until he's man enough to publicly admit that he was wrong he's not worth the sweat of my ass to me.

Fuck me once, shame on you.

Fuck me twice, shame on me.

Edited to add that until he apologizes publicly and admits his mistakes, he not only is a traitor but a huge, ignorant hypocrite.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top