BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Cricket or Chipmunk--I think Henry makes one too.  

All excellent choices!!  I pick up a Daisy 22 s, l, lr once for forty bucks!  Same size as cricket but with a cheap plastic stock with saftey warnings on the side.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
FN MAG 58 with a Ciener 22lr conversion !! Think of the fun he will have

PS- its a mutha tryin to link them little shells together!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
General Electric M134
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone please, please post a link to this thread over at DU.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Build him an AR15 now and get him a pistol with high cap mags. Buy them and stash them.

If there ever is another ban he will have an AR15 and a good handgun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#9]
needs a Bushmaster .223  start em off with the right equipment
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Someone please, please post a link to this thread over at DU.

Im sure one of their infiltrators have alredy done it.  Question is why would you want it done?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I started with my brother around 5 or 6 or so, RWS air rifles, youth-sized, .177 caliber.

We would plink off the back deck, maybe 20 yards downrange/downhill.

Targets? "Combat Loss" GI Joes (early/mid-80's, the small ones, the size of my thumb now) and Matchbox cars. Open sights. I eventually upgraded to a scope, which made those tricky GI Joe headshots that much easier

The air rifles were locked away, and until we were 12 or so, were NEVER taken out without supervision, and my father was ALWAYS watching us.

The rifles were always broken open before we went downrange to check targets.

Actually the closest call we ever had (well, I ever had) was when we had our cousins over; I was what, 16? 17? Oldest cousin was a good 8+ years older than I...I was downrange checking something and walking back up, just as he decided to fire. I wasn't near his line of fire, but still, I spent a good 5 minutes screaming at him to hold fire while people were downrange. That's how well it had been drilled into me.

My brother's not very enthused about shooting, but I guess I picked up the bug in place of him.

I didn't own a real rifle until I bought one myself when I was 23 or so. Until then, airgun only. Yah, I know, late starter.

I highly suggest a single-shot, barrel-break, youth model air rifle, shooting .177 pellets.

Actually the only thing my dad DIDN'T make us do was clean them, because he didn't have a .177 brush or cleaning rod...that's something I wish he had drilled into me as well. You want to play, you gotta pay. Good thing to learn when you are a kid.

My $0.02...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top