Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Another HF box fan here. No complaints after 5.5 years of use.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a professional and I use my tools and boxes to make my living. I started my career with a smaller Snap-On box. When I outgrew that I sprang for the really fancy $13K  Matco box with the lifetime of weekly payments. A few years ago I was offered a job to get out of the industry so I sold that box to pay off the loan on it and tossed all my tools into boxes and such. Well my aging body couldnt handle the new job so I went back and got my old job back before they could find anyone to replace me. Well now I needed a new box and really didnt want to go back in debt so I went to Harbor Freight and bought the 56" for about $650. I can tell you this box is way beter built than the Craftsman 3 pc box I have had in my basement for nearly 30 years for a home owners box. If it lasts 10 years I will be getting close to retirement age and I can just buy another one and be set until I do retire. That would be a total investment of $1300 for 20 years of service give or take.  The only complaint I have had with it is the stupid little rubber mat on top was glued down from the factory, and it gets bubbles in it all the time. I plan to remedy this with a butcher block top  and not look back.

Compairing it to craftsman the drawers are actually usefull. Craftsman drawers are too shallow. If you get a screwdriver in cock eyed the drawer wont shut. For the record since I seen it brought up earlier, Craftsman doesnt make their own toolboxes and as far as I know they never have. They used to be made by Waterloo, and made in the USA. When NAFTA went into effect the plant was moved to Mexico. Now days I would bet the farm that they are made in China with the rest of the brands tools.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Have the stainless Kobalt 3000 series box top and bottom mentioned several times in this thread. Use it for work. Box has been great. However, I've only moved it about 4 times in 7 years or so and a caster has lost all it's rubber making it difficult to move around ever again. Tried JB welding the caster rubber back on with zero luck. If I ever need to start moving it around again, will have to find all new casters.
Just looked at lowes.com and this box seems to have all bad reviews on the casters. Rest of the box solid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had the HF 44" for about 4 years now with absolutely no complaints. Currently it has a 26" grey and red Craftsman top box on it that hopefully I'll replace with a HF 44" top box. Then I plan on buying a HF 26" bottom box to put the Craftsman. HF absolutely has the best box for the price. I think it was on sale for $299 or $329 when I bought mine though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top