Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Great movie,  I saw it when it first came out on the big screen.  You really have to see it that way and yes I am that old.  In the book, a great read too, Messala's fate is even worse.  The book was written by Civil War general Lew Wallace.  After the war he told everyone he was going to write a book.  The assumed it wold be about his civil war experiences.  He said no, it would be about the time of Christ.  They kidded him about writing a book about something he knew nothing about.  HOME RUN on his part.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent movie.

Nice avatar.

Thanks.  It looks like I fotochopped a B1B onto a lake but its a real pic.  Tried changing colors and contrasts with no results.

It is actually a http://www.drublair.com/ painting!

I saw it on Defense Daily and thought it was a pic, it is one hell of a painting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Great movie but it is long as hell. I suggest not watching it all at once or you'll get tired of it.

Heston is in his epic greatness. Maybe his best role.

About an hour into it I was getting bored but stuck it out and was impressed beyond belief.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
VERY good.  I just got it from the library a week or so ago and watched it again after more than ten years.  It's definitely a classic and worth watching. Just make sure you don't have anything to do that day, since it's something like four hours long.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weren't there like 8 million horses who died in the making of that movie?

a stuntman's death remains in the final cut. His wish was to be seen f something were to happen to him. Then he got trampled.

According to IMDB, that's a false rumor.  That death scene was clearly planned.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]
damn good movie. I have it, now I just need to get " The Ten Commandments" on DVD as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
One of my favorite scenes involves what I consider to be the sweetest revenge EVER...and I'm not talking about the race...rather the scene in the baths several minutes earlier.

I will come back tomorrow. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME, MESSALA!

Yes...how sweet it must have been for Judah, when he returned as Quintus Arius the Younger...noble and rich Roman...AND as the Prince of Hur, to COMMAND the tribune Massala.  How sweet indeed...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Friggin great.
Melodromatick, yes.
But, that was the style of the time.
If it hadn't been, it would've have been like that POS "Troy".

Great story, great actor.

RIP, Chuck Heston.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top