Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Birth certificate on Tuesday.

Osama Bin Laden dead on Sunday.

WOOOOO!!! What a week.

American's will definitely be distracted. But, from what?

Why all the bombshell announcements NOW?

guns, ammo....check

tinfoil....check

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Do I expect anything? It wouldn't surprise me, but I doubt it. Am I prepared? I can neither confirm nor deny.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

doesn't help with all the coverage of people celebrating.  Not a good way to portray our country to the idiots that will take it the wrong way.

It'll just stir them up more.  Not sayin' I'm not happy he's dead, just sayin' that sometimes its better to just smile and nod than to beat a drum in someone's face.

FUCK THEM!

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

doesn't help with all the coverage of people celebrating.  Not a good way to portray our country to the idiots that will take it the wrong way.

It'll just stir them up more.  Not sayin' I'm not happy he's dead, just sayin' that sometimes its better to just smile and nod than to beat a drum in someone's face.

I'm pretty reasonable most of the time, but fuck them.  Anybody who misses that POS can eat a bacon-wrapped turd.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The only retaliation I'm concerned about is how many Pakistani officials need a bullet in the head for knowing Obama's whereabouts all this time.

And how many billions did they milk us for all this time?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Doesnt help what? are we cowards hiding from terrorists?
Fuck em, and the idiots too.
edit- this was not a provocative act by the USA, that guy had it coming in the most extreme way.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, cause they would NEVER dance in the streets when hearing about American deaths...  oh. wait..

yeah, I know.  There's just a small part of me that wants to be better than them in these situations.  Maybe its a false hope.

I get you dude.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Military bases aren't at FPCON Bravo just to amuse somebody.

"Sir, does this mean that Ann-Margret isn't coming?"
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Birth certificate on Tuesday.

Osama Bin Laden dead on Sunday.

WOOOOO!!! What a week.

American's will definitely be distracted. But, from what?

Why all the bombshell announcements NOW?

guns, ammo....check

tinfoil....check

The chair is against the wall.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From documents leaked about a week ago Al Qaeda promised a "nuclear hellstorm" if Bin Laden were to be captured of killed:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110425/wl_mideast_afp/usattacksguantanamowikileakssheikh_20110425184242

This intel seems to be fairly old (despite being revealed recently) so whether they have such weapons or not anymore (or if they ever had them in the first place), who knows.

If they had a nuke, they would have put it in play already.

They are not gonna sit on that and hope it doesn't get discovered.

And why wouldn't they use it? The normal Cold War scenario of M.A.D doesn't apply. They could give a shit if they die or kill a shit load of the local afghan people. They wouldn't even have to worry about a delivery system. They could just go local and get a base over there.

Bottom line, they don't have shit for nukes. It is more vacant posturing, nothing more.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I really don't think "they" have the means to attack us again... All of this nuke/bio talk is bullshit.

If they had it, they would have used it by now... Why wait until Bin Laden is killed??? Makes no sense to me.

I will admit that I threw an extra mag in my Jeep....  

You know, just in case...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only retaliation I'm concerned about is how many Pakistani officials need a bullet in the head for knowing Obama's whereabouts all this time.

And how many billions did they milk us for all this time?

"Did" is past tense, implying that the "milking" has stopped.

It hasn't.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Those that would try to attack us now, were trying/plotting to attack us all along....

We must continue to be vigilant.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#15]
If Al Qaeda were in a position to launch a major attack they would have done so already instead of waiting to use it if/when Osama is killed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really don't think "they" have the means to attack us again... All of this nuke/bio talk is bullshit.

WMD's aren't required for an effective terror campaign.  I'm very surprised we haven't seen more homicide bombings in the US, especially in areas where people congregate and there is minimal security.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:46:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"I can hear you. The rest  of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon,"

Looks like the Postman found the forwarding address.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#18]
They have had years attempting another attack.  Maybe in Europe they have a chance
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I agree........

Quoted:
Quoted:
From documents leaked about a week ago Al Qaeda promised a "nuclear hellstorm" if Bin Laden were to be captured of killed:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110425/wl_mideast_afp/usattacksguantanamowikileakssheikh_20110425184242

This intel seems to be fairly old (despite being revealed recently) so whether they have such weapons or not anymore (or if they ever had them in the first place), who knows.

If they had a nuke, they would have put it in play already.

They are not gonna sit on that and hope it doesn't get discovered.

And why wouldn't they use it? The normal Cold War scenario of M.A.D doesn't apply. They could give a shit if they die or kill a shit load of the local afghan people. They wouldn't even have to worry about a delivery system. They could just go local and get a base over there.

Bottom line, they don't have shit for nukes. It is more vacant posturing, nothing more.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep I would stay alert.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Will they want to kill us even deader now?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Keep your powder dry..

And Watch Your Top knot!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:53:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I stopped at a couple places on the way home from work today, and I could have swore I was getting the evil eye from several people.

It made me feel really uncomfortable, something I haven't felt in the year I've been here.

It wasn't until I got home and checked the news that I realize OBL had been killed.

Keeping a much lower profile starting now.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#24]
They already wanted to attack us really, really bad. Now they want to attack us really, really, really, really bad.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Will try to visit the WTC site today.

Come at me bro.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I think they wouldn't have waited to use them.  If I were Osama, I would have wanted to be alive to see this plan.  Wasn't this always his dream?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They would attack us anyway.

So fuck it, let's kill more of them.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm guessing in Muslim majority countries there is increased risk for kidnapping and attacks on American interests.  The bigger attacks take more time to plan so may not happen right away.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I stopped at a couple places on the way home from work today, and I could have swore I was getting the evil eye from several people.

It made me feel really uncomfortable, something I haven't felt in the year I've been here.

It wasn't until I got home and checked the news that I realize OBL had been killed.

Keeping a much lower profile starting now.

It would be cool if you let us know if anything interesting happens over there.  Like street vigils or some shit . . .

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm guessing in Muslim majority countries there is increased risk for kidnapping and attacks on American interests.  The bigger attacks take more time to plan so may not happen right away.

I don't feel sorry for people that are stupid enough to go to a Muslim country while we are at war with the Muslim world (essentially). There really is no reason to go there, if you have family there, they can come visit you here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I remember seeing in a doc that his death, either by out hands of his own hands, would cause a spasm of reactionary attacks.

What does the hive think?

Bring it mother fuckers!

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Al Qaeda must be neutered in the US, because I can think of several extremely easy ways to kill large numbers of people that could be carried by one man with a firearm. One man with a firearm and no more than a couple hours of planning can steal or hi-jack things than can easily be used to kill hundreds. The fact Al Qaeda hasn't done anything like this in the US in 10 years tells me they are effectively neutered in this country. I imagine our law enforcement and intelligence divisions are doing a pretty good job keeping an eye on most every potential terrorist in this country.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Al Qaeda must be neutered in the US, because I can think of several extremely easy ways to kill large numbers of people that could be carried by one man with a firearm. One man with a firearm and no more than a couple hours of planning can steal or hi-jack things than can easily be used to kill hundreds. The fact Al Qaeda hasn't done anything like this in the US in 10 years tells me they are effectively neutered in this country. I imagine our law enforcement and intelligence divisions are doing a pretty good job keeping an eye on most every potential terrorist in this country.

I see a lot of alerts and warnings go through email.  I'm not sure if Homeland Security is just doing that good of a job, of if the alerts are bull crap.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top