User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny the CHP has never bothered me maybe its because I'm not a Fuckin low life piece of fuckin shit fuckin loser.

You certainly talk (post) like one.

Owned!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have personal experience with this.   Three good stories come to mind.

Well, [ahem] these sorts of things are isolated occurrences, and, uhhh, do not reflect the world of police work as a whole, but...

-what the hell- do go on.....

Yeah, please do. I love these "I am being persecuted by officers doing their jobs " laments.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As far as the first incident is concerned it seems the man would not have any problems if he hadn't ratted the cop on his cutting out the converter.  

Thats why you leave sleeping dogs lay.  Keep your own shit in order and let the man take care of those who's shit isn't in order.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't report a methlab in the neighborhood, drug dealing, or murder. But the gain from turning in the law, on this type of violation, is small compared to possible consequences.  

I asked a dps trooper here one time how he got to Corpus in a hour and 45 minutes without reciving a ticket.  His answer was no cop in Texas would ever write a ticket to a DPS officer in his personal car.  If a ticket was given the officer who wrote the ticket would be harassed unmercifully by DPS in his area.

So before you throw rocks better check if your living in a glass house.

The man who's shit wasn't in order is the same one who is allowed to ticket you for the same offence. Who police's the police? Were the laws written for everyone EXCEPT the CHP?

Roy
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS like this is why the CHP is not allowed to do consent searches anymore. So they NEVER stop crimes in progress anymore.

Seems a little harsh now don't you think?  If someone is beating on the inside of the trunk, blood all over the back seat, etc, I'm sure that crime would be stopped.  Unfortunately, you can't catch every criminal and we won't hold that against you.

We could setup random roadblocks every day and search every car to come through, but this is the USA, not USSR.

Thats a rather extreme example of a crime that can be stopped in progress; the reality is that the criminals travel the same roads as the rest of us, and proactive officers catch a lot of them; that proactivity is greatly impacted by this sort of decision, as has been commented already.

As well as proactivity should be impacted when it affects MY rights.

Roy

Roy,
I specifically mentioned consent searches. Not "roadblocks" or any other violation of your rights under the fourth. Unless you are one of those tinfoil hat types that believe a cop merely asking your consent is somehow an infringment?

AR15fan, Consent search is nothing more than a fishing trip. You want to fish GO to the lake. Better yet next time your up in my neck of the woods stop by and let me do a consent search of your vehicle. My tinfoil hat is no tighter than that badge on your chest.

Roy (in 93109)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

...... probably touches on what the real issue here was..you drove a ratty patrol car, you probably had longshort hair and dressed like a bum cop, right? Well, like it or not, the criminals police we deal with tend to dress just like that, and drive cars just like yours. I can understand why the officers citizens reacted to you  and pursued searches of your car distrust police if that was the case. Like it or not, first impressions matter, and if the first impression of you is  that of a long haired hippy freak egomanical out of control police officer , expect people who deal with you to do so on that impression. Sure, its a free country and sure, you can dress the way you want, but expect your actions to have a given reaction, not only from officers me but the general public. When you dress a certain way and  routinely appear in public in an unkempt state as a jack booted thug, expect to be treated a certain way.

Petty stuff? I don't consider traffic enforcement harrassment and perjury to be "petty". It is a public safety out of control police state issue.

Sounds like the jack boot's on the other foot, huh ossifer?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AR15fan, Consent search is nothing more than a fishing trip. You want to fish GO to the lake. Better yet next time your up in my neck of the woods stop by and let me do a consent search of your vehicle. My tinfoil hat is no tighter than that badge on your chest.

Roy (in 93109)

Its also quite legal. All you have to say is no if you object to it so much.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Typical pointless juveile posting. Do you have apoint, or do you just like to waste bandwidth? Stop playing with the cute little colors and just say what you want to say.My points were valid; you just want to play stupid little games with colored words.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This doesn't mean I wouldn't report a methlab in the neighborhood, drug dealing, or murder. But the gain from turning in the law, on this type of violation, is small compared to possible consequences.  

I asked a dps trooper here one time how he got to Corpus in a hour and 45 minutes without reciving a ticket.  His answer was no cop in Texas would ever write a ticket to a DPS officer in his personal car.  If a ticket was given the officer who wrote the ticket would be harassed unmercifully by DPS in his area.

So before you throw rocks better check if your living in a glass house.

"This type of violation" is pretty serious when it's committed by somebody who makes his living enforcing this type of law.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roy (in 93109)

Its also quite legal. All you have to say is no if you object to it so much.

tcdd1236, It's legal Ok. Well I'll be in 12866 early Oct. How about you give me consent to search your vehicle? If you have a wife or girlfriend maybe theirs also(yes it has been asked of mine). As i've heard  LE state "If you have nothing to hide whats the problem" ?

Roy
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
tcdd1236, It's legal Ok. Well I'll be in 12866 early Oct. How about you give me consent to search your vehicle? If you have a wife or girlfriend maybe theirs also(yes it has been asked of mine). As i've heard  LE state "If you have nothing to hide whats the problem" ?
Roy

You have no standing as an LEO to be requesting such a search.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Roy

Even as a civilian he can ask till hes blue in the face.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Roy

I wasn't requesting as a LEO, just a private citizen. You don't have any illegal drugs or weapons in your vehicles do you? So do you mind if I take a look???

Roy
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Roy

Sure he does.  I can ask anybody if I can dig through their car.  And they can tell me to fuck off, just like I can to you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Roy

I wasn't requesting as a LEO, just a private citizen. You don't have any illegal drugs or weapons in your vehicles do you? So do you mind if I take a look???

Roy

If you can't understand the differences in the  two requests, then you are simply posting for no other purpose than to stir up an argument. What exactly would you DO if I happened to have an illegal item? Make a citizens arrest? Hmmm?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sure he does.  I can ask anybody if I can dig through their car.  And they can tell me to fuck off, just like I can to you.

And when YOU grow up young man, you'll PERHAPS learn civility.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Roy

Roy

If you can't understand the differences in the  two requests, then you are simply posting for no other purpose than to stir up an argument. What exactly would you DO if I happened to have an illegal item? Make a citizens arrest? Hmmm?

Still havn't answered my question. Kind of impolite to answer a question with a question.

Roy
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And when YOU grow up young man, you'll PERHAPS learn civility.

???Do you think that QuietShootr is just a punk kid? I think not.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]
And people like tcsd wonder why people say some cops have attitude problems.

Of course, I didn't have anything to say and am just wasting bandwidth in his opinion...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
].

Typical pointless juveile posting. Do you have apoint, or do you just like to waste bandwidth? Stop playing with the cute little colors and just say what you want to say.My points were valid; you just want to play stupid little games with colored words.

Okay. You are a dick and all the other police out there with a fucked up point of view like yours is a dick if you pull people over because of the length of their hair or the age of their car. Why don't you find a job that doesn't require you to fuck with people just so you can get a hard on to take home to mama. Asshole.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#20]

[principalskinner]"Play friendly, children, play friendly."[/principalskinner]

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:08:17 AM EDT
[#21]
this forum is so full of anti-cop whinners it's a wonder any Police Officers even visit the general forums
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:29:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Something about the CHP in San Diego County....

The Killer Cop
His crime was considered all the more unconscionable because of his occupation. Convicted former California Highway Patrolman Craig Peyer’s recent parole bid was denied, but the hearing led San Diegans to revisit the murder of Cara Knott.

http://www.sandiegomag.com/issues/february04/featurec0204.asp

Have you lost your fucking mind!?! Yeah, this piece of shit should be decapitated for what  HE did to that girl. But what are you trying to prove with this post? I suppose this wasnt an isolated incident either right? All CHP officers are serial killers now? How about alittle common sense folks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Okay. You are a dick and all the other police out there with a fucked up point of view like yours is a dick if you pull people over because of the length of their hair or the age of their car. Why don't you find a job that doesn't require you to fuck with people just so you can get a hard on to take home to mama. Asshole.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.Where did I say that I pull people over for the length of their haior or the age of their car? There are no VTL sections for drivers length of hair, there are no VTL sections for age of car. There are LOTS of VTL sections for equipment that is supposed to work on every car on the road and guess what...LOTS of older cars are not maintained properly and have a LOT of mechanical problems that draws officers attention to them .At the same time, ( AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE), while it is a free country and you can wear your hair or anything else the way you want, don't be surprised if your appearance , if it differs radically from the norm or adheres to an appearance known to belong to a certain group ( gang colors, for instance ), that that will also draw officers attention.

When you can grow up and discuss things in a mature manner, come back. Til then, I think guys like you need a time out from the staff here til you can post in a reasonable manner.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

From following other threads that discuss him and a pic or two that got posted, I was under the belief that he's a college aged kid. If I am wrong and he is actually older, I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Still havn't answered my question. Kind of impolite to answer a question with a question.
Roy

I did answer it. The answer was no. You have no official standing to be making such a request, nor would you have any authority to act on anything you found.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From following other threads that discuss him and a pic or two that got posted, I was under the belief that he's a college aged kid. If I am wrong and he is actually older, I stand corrected.

yeah, QS is just a pimply college aged punk
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Roy

I did answer it. The answer was no. You have no official standing to be making such a request, nor would you have any authority to act on anything you found.

Thank you son, your now free to be on your way. Have a nice day and drive safe.

Roy
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top