Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Social architecture is not a courts place.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not  exactly  true. People must register to vote ahead of actual elections.  This is the point where their eligibility is scrutinized by the government and proof of identity is required.  

When exercising your 2A, Feds do not tell you come do the 4473 now then come back in a month to actually get the gun.  You would be pissed if the 2A process was the same as voting.
View Quote
Edited for clarification. I was a bit wrong in this post.  Turns out you do need to be registered 30 days before.  In my case posted below I was already registered, just not registered in the county I was living in at the time.  My bad.  I think when you get your ID or DL a voter reg card is mailed to you.  So if your the voting type it should not be a big issue.

In Texas it is true you do need to be registered to vote for local stuff.  You need proof you live in the county that you are voting in.  You however do not need to be registered to vote in a national election.  I know this because I had recently moved to a different county right before the 2016 presidential election.  I had not updated my voter reg. I had the option of going to the main election office in the county and they could update my registration to get it straightened out, or i could just vote for the federal people.  It was a busy week so I chose to do that.  The office was at most 30 minutes away with traffic.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bullshit !

In Texas it is true you do need to be registered to vote for local stuff.  You need proof you live in the county that you are voting in.  You however do not need to be registered to vote in a national election.  I know this because I had recently moved to a different county right before the 2016 presidential election.  I had not updated my voter reg. I had the option of going to the main election office in the county and they could update my registration to get it straightened out, or i could just vote for the federal people.  It was a busy week so I chose to do that.  The office was at most 30 minutes away with traffic.
View Quote
I would say that's because you were already registered to vote in your state.  Which county in the state you are registered for does not affect federal races, but does affect local races.

One MUST be registered to vote in Federal elections because only US citizens can vote in federal elections. Legal residents on the other hand can vote in local elections in many states.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How long did it take you to think up that failed analogy? Or does it come from a talking points list?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange.. you need an ID to excersize your 2A right (purchase)... yet do not to vote (which determines the fate of the nation)?
Not  exactly  true. People must register to vote ahead of actual elections.  This is the point where their eligibility is scrutinized by the government and proof of identity is required.  

When exercising your 2A, Feds do not tell you come do the 4473 now then come back in a month to actually get the gun.  You would be pissed if the 2A process was the same as voting.

How long did it take you to think up that failed analogy? Or does it come from a talking points list?
So you go through one half assed background check and then you can order guns straight to your house?

That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange.. you need an ID to excersize your 2A right (purchase)... yet do not to vote (which determines the fate of the nation)?

You have to understand, that the second amendment is a privilege, a suggestion of a right, and thereby can be impinged upon. We must have reasonable restrictions upon all our rights. Hell, the entirety of the Bill of Rights is a suggestion.........you don't believe it, ask a politician, ask a congressman, a senator and watch his eyes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So you go through one half assed background check and then you can order guns straight to your house?

That would be awesome.
View Quote
Would be even better if the cost of this pre-cleared list for 3 years cost less than one 4473 transfer
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
uh, Motor Voter anyone?

If voter rolls are so scrutinized, how do many parts of California have more registered voters than possible eligible voters?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would say that's because you were already registered to vote in your state.  Which county in the state you are registered for does not affect federal races, but does affect local races.

One MUST be registered to vote in Federal elections because only US citizens can vote in federal elections. Legal residents on the other hand can vote in local elections in many states.
View Quote
Sorry I think I was editing my post above when you posted this.  I researched it and I was wrong.  

Still don't think its a big deal.  I have been registered to vote in Texas since I turned 18.  I don't think I turned in a reg card since then.  Pretty sure somehow it changed when I updated my license.  I've lived at at least 7 different addresses since, Somehow the state always knew.  It even knew when I moved back to Texas after working in mississippi for 4 years.  Think the dl was responsible.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only a complete court en banc should be able to issue injunctions on duly enacted laws.  If they're later overturned by SCOTUS on anything other than narrow technical grounds, they should all be derobed and debarred.  This bullshit of finding a single judge, anywhere, and using them to veto the other two branches reminds me too much of the Tribunes under the later Roman Republic.   Bought and paid for Tribunes serving their masters was a significant factor in the fall of the Roman Republic, and it's not helping now.
View Quote
You can blame the Brothers Gracchi for abusing the shit out of Tribune's veto.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Blue state blues
View Quote
Sounds like the same thing I get when I don't fuck something for a while.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd hit it...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
  You do realize that's exactly how it works for some people right?  Their are still waiting periods in a lot of this country.    
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Simple solution: Impeachment isn't just for presidents.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Noooooooooo worries.

This is just a necessary stop on the way to the USSC.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Another douchebag trying to legislate from the bench. Fuck that judge.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nelva Gonzales Ramos is the judge.

Another Obungo affirmative action appointee doing exactly what she was appointed to do.
View Quote
The name, figures.  How much you want to bet some of her ancestors/relatives came here illegally?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You do realize that's exactly how it works for some people right?  Their are still waiting periods in a lot of this country.    
View Quote
That is not right, but it is a state issue though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#20]
No taxation without representation has the very valid mirror image of no representation without taxation.

Specifically, here - if we can't prevent non-citizens from voting, then there is no such thing as a citizen.    Either this gets fixed or the best case outcome is balkanization.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Man this is literally like a dozen BS story's I've heard out of Texas over the last couple weeks. So much for that don't mess with Texas shit
View Quote
We can't all have governors as staunchly conservative as yours.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes there's something to be said for antiquated system that states have for auto purging people from voter reg rolls.  State issues death certificates and old DLs/IDs dont get renewed....yet this isn't streamline to automatically trim the reg rolls.

Nonetheless, gov laziness shouldn't be use as justification to deny with people's rights.   That is why if people get delayed on 4473 NICSs the gun sale will proceed in 10 days if the FFL never heard back from them, right?

What I'm proposing is let's have consistency here.  We are either pro-freedom/rights or pro-gov oversight.   If we are using current '68 GCA regulations as justification for voting ID laws, we are conceding that the '68 GCA regulations are just and should drop all efforts to repeal them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Remember this when CornHole cums up for re-election

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelva_Gonzales_Ramos
"Ramos was the only candidate also supported by Republican Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn."
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
So then after I buy my first gun (vote) I shouldn't need to show I.D. for any guns I buy afterward, just like voting.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's even more retarded when you realize that NFA transfers are at 1 year right now.

1 fucking year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Um...what would you like us to do, exactly? She can't be voted out, so...
View Quote
11 Federal Judges have been removed from office by congress. Not that it would happen now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Wonder what country she's a citizen of? Member of LaRaza?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes there's something to be said for antiquated system that states have for auto purging people from voter reg rolls.  State issues death certificates and old DLs/IDs dont get renewed....yet this isn't streamline to automatically trim the reg rolls.

Nonetheless, gov laziness shouldn't be use as justification to deny with people's rights.   That is why if people get delayed on 4473 NICSs the gun sale will proceed in 10 days if the FFL never heard back from them, right?

What I'm proposing is let's have consistency here.  We are either pro-freedom/rights or pro-gov oversight.   If we are using current '68 GCA regulations as justification for voting ID laws, we are conceding that the '68 GCA regulations are just and should drop all efforts to repeal them.
View Quote

Here's the funny thing, if you were correct and the voter rolls were bloated by those who have moved away, voter turnout would be lower in the areas with impossibly high voter registration. The problem is their voter turnout is typically within a few percent of the overall average, suggesting the impossibly registered voters are voting.

LA county has 144% register voters compared to possible eligible voters, yet still had 69% voter turnout last year - 10% over the national average

Certainly seems to merit investigation... But no one wants to turn over information. Convenient huh?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you feel about mandatory waiting periods?

"Yeah, but that's different"

I don't see poor people having trouble doing any number of everyday activities which require id (buying liquor? checking out library books? Hell, I'm even id'ed when I want to return an item to a store, even when I have the receipt).

I'm more pissed knowing my vote is canceled out by someone ineligible. Because in the end democratic opposition is all about politics and power
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So now you back states rights?

LMFAO!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Here's the funny thing, if you were correct and the voter rolls were bloated by those who have moved away, voter turnout would be lower in the areas with impossibly high voter registration. The problem is their voter turnout is typically within a few percent of the overall average, suggesting the impossibly registered voters are voting.

LA county has 144% register voters compared to possible eligible voters, yet still had 69% voter turnout last year - 10% over the national average

Certainly seems to merit investigation... But no one wants to turn over information. Convenient huh?
View Quote
I would fully expect this to be a widespread problem in any and all states that relies on registered individual to notify them that they moved out of state or next of kin that they are dead.  I can tell you I move state to state and ever bothered informing the state I left.  There is simply zero incentive for people to do that regardless or red state/blue state.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Notice how we didn't hear a peep from these cocksuckers when Obama was lighting the Constitution on fire.
View Quote
1. Not surprising.

2. Why can't Republicans get their head out of their ass and pull the same shit? What the fuck do they actually do?

Insert whatwouldyousayyoudohere.gif
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Voter registration roles are full of fake people. I was on a trip to the west coast to a certain state and got harassed by a get out the vote worker. I told them I didn't have any ID, they told me I didn't need any. So, I thought what the hell. So I took the voter registration card. i filled out the card for Alfred E. Newman and gave it back
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#35]
5th Circuit Court of Appeals will straighten out this idiot judge's ridiculous decision. If whomever brought this case before the District Court appeals it to the Supreme Court, they will be doing Texas a big favor after the Supreme Court upholds the 5th's ruling and making it the law of the entire land for states that want to require proper identification to vote.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Saw that coming.... Leftists want to turn Texas, Florida, etc... blue
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos:

What a fuckin' shame. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good. Now let's take it to the Supreme Court! Change it federally
View Quote
I like the way you think, if we don't we're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nope, there's no voter fraud at all.

Just make everyone do the purple ink dip then, fuck it.
View Quote
The left would find some way to declare election ink to be unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#40]
She needs to be handled as a traitor
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#41]
If they aren't smart enough, mobile enough, English speaking enough, able enough, or just simply dontgiveashitenough to be bothered with getting a simple ID, then they have no business voting anyway.

I think there should also be an IQ exam, but I may be a bit harsh.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Do we even need or require Federal judges?  They have become the fourth branch of government outside POTUS and congress.  They have incredible power that is obviously political driven.  Can we abolish them?  This goes with my hatred for all lawyers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do we even need or require Federal judges?  They have become the fourth branch of government outside POTUS and congress.  They have incredible power that is obviously political driven.  Can we abolish them?  This goes with my hatred for all lawyers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Our voter id law is pretty toothless.  You don't need an id if it is an economic burden-but your vote is flagged.  Guess they don't want evidence to investigate.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#45]
That just sucks as someone that was born here before WWII.  My vote has only counted once since I moved to Washington state:

Why should they have their votes counted when citizens don't?z
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Judges will never be held accountable for their criminality and political interpretation of the law
View Quote
When do you hear about a federal judge getting impeached or withdrawn? Never. It never fucking happens.
Becoming a judge is the most job security anyone could ever hope for.

Now I understand that impeachment of a federal judge can be viewed as a slippery slope towards "political retribution" and so
it's seen as a third rail, but damn it, sometimes it's needed. Sometimes they are so far in the wrong lane, they need to go.
Our founders knew it, why don't we?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top