Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 204
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well 50 years of coups around the world, and its come home to roost.

Remember when US election surprises where just who about who got caught fucking the secretary, and it wasn't about collapsing the country, and triggering a civil war.
View Quote

Gary Hart remembers
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've never heard of Secret/SCI, probably should have been Secret/SAP

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/954a1ccd337c4f5a8c588260e2abfefc/1000.jpeg

This image contained in a court filing by the Department of Justice on Aug. 30, 2022, and redacted by in part by the FBI, shows a photo of documents seized during the Aug. 8 search by the FBI of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. The Justice Department says it has uncovered efforts to obstruct its investigation into the discovery of classified records at former President Donald Trump's Florida estate. (Department of Justice via AP)

More

That the first time In literally several decades of dealing with classified materials I have seen "Secret//SCI"

I guess In theory there could be compartmentlized secret information.

A subset of Top Secret documents known as SCI, or sensitive compartmented information, is reserved for certain information derived from intelligence sources. Access to an SCI document can be even further restricted to a smaller group of people with specific security clearances.

This.

I have seen Unclass/ and Secret/SAP before.  Never labelled as SCI.  SCI is the name for that category of information handling.  But when you're in that category of information, that information is classified for that program.  SCI is used to DEFINE that category of information; it isn't the classification of the information itself.  The codeword for that SAP is used to classify that information, because outside of that program, that categorization isn't really relevant.

Example:  Unclass/S/TS/SIOP is a correct classification, SIOP being the (old) code word identifying the program relating to nuclear weapons targeting and employment.

Interesting theory here:

The first reaction to this information about Trump’s office would be that he was determined to keep NSC staffers from leaking the material, as so often happened, in a manner designed to sabotage Trump’s policies.   (A report from Politico tending to corroborate that point emerged shortly thereafter.)

I recall thinking at the time that it sounded as if the Trump front office had created a SAP to protect information from chronic leakers inside the NSC.

And in hindsight, that doesn’t seem off the wall.  POTUS can create as many SAPs as he wants, whenever he wants.  It’s up to him.  There’s nothing that could limit his use of that classification option to protect information.  The only opinions on it can be political ones about his motives; there’s no basis in law or regulation to impugn him for using SAPs.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This.

I have seen Unclass/ and Secret/SAP before.  Never labelled as SCI.  SCI is the name for that category of information handling.  But when you're in that category of information, that information is classified for that program.  SCI is used to DEFINE that category of information; it isn't the classification of the information itself.  The codeword for that SAP is used to classify that information, because outside of that program, that categorization isn't really relevant.

Example:  Unclass/S/TS/SIOP is a correct classification, SIOP being the (old) code word identifying the program relating to nuclear weapons targeting and employment.

Interesting theory here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/954a1ccd337c4f5a8c588260e2abfefc/1000.jpeg

This image contained in a court filing by the Department of Justice on Aug. 30, 2022, and redacted by in part by the FBI, shows a photo of documents seized during the Aug. 8 search by the FBI of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. The Justice Department says it has uncovered efforts to obstruct its investigation into the discovery of classified records at former President Donald Trump's Florida estate. (Department of Justice via AP)

More

That the first time In literally several decades of dealing with classified materials I have seen "Secret//SCI"

A subset of Top Secret documents known as SCI, or sensitive compartmented information, is reserved for certain information derived from intelligence sources. Access to an SCI document can be even further restricted to a smaller group of people with specific security clearances.

This.

Interesting theory here:

The first reaction to this information about Trump's office would be that he was determined to keep NSC staffers from leaking the material, as so often happened, in a manner designed to sabotage Trump's policies.   (A report from Politico tending to corroborate that point emerged shortly thereafter.)

I recall thinking at the time that it sounded as if the Trump front office had created a SAP to protect information from chronic leakers inside the NSC.

And in hindsight, that doesn't seem off the wall.  POTUS can create as many SAPs as he wants, whenever he wants.  It's up to him.  There's nothing that could limit his use of that classification option to protect information.  The only opinions on it can be political ones about his motives; there's no basis in law or regulation to impugn him for using SAPs.

The documents were never missing given they were registered.  What we see is a copy and the originals are on some electronic storage.

The Secret/SCI coversheets were made up by the FBI, a brand spanking new classification level.  Does the FBI have the authority to create this new classification?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a photo op, for the media to run with.  It’s clearly staged.

It’s setting up a story to justify an endless investigation in an attempt to separate Trump supporter from Trump through endless investigation fatigue.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
so trump had all these super secret documents for a year and a half and no one noticed, but right before an election they come out.  they are really worried about what trump has on them.  anyone who believes anything the DOJ says needs mental help, liars and crooks all of them.  I grew up in a law enforcement family and always trusted them, my opinion sure has changed the last 15 years.  outside of my local cops, zero trust.
View Quote

It's really a case by case basis.

We have some local guys who are absolutely great.  We also have a former chief of police in prison for stealing money from evidence. (Over 70k).

And a former K9 officer who both took evidence money and wasn't keeping his dog training up to requirements.

Some guys who still on the force have a bit of a reputation for.... Various things.

Cops are human too.  Good people and shitbags among them just like every other profession.

The FBI and DOJ appear to be irredeemable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The documents were never missing given they were registered.  What we see is a copy and the originals are on some electronic storage.

The Secret/SCI coversheets were made up by the FBI, a brand spanking new classification level.  Does the FBI have the authority to create this new classification?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More

This.

Interesting theory here:

The first reaction to this information about Trump's office would be that he was determined to keep NSC staffers from leaking the material, as so often happened, in a manner designed to sabotage Trump's policies.   (A report from Politico tending to corroborate that point emerged shortly thereafter.)

And in hindsight, that doesn't seem off the wall.  POTUS can create as many SAPs as he wants, whenever he wants.  It's up to him.  There's nothing that could limit his use of that classification option to protect information.  The only opinions on it can be political ones about his motives; there's no basis in law or regulation to impugn him for using SAPs.

Is it possible the coversheets are unusual because they assigned someone unfamiliar with such clearances to create this newly manufactured 'scandal'?

"Muh documents!!!!". "Muh Russia!!"

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It’s setting up a story to justify an endless investigation in an attempt to separate Trump supporter from Trump through endless investigation fatigue.
View Quote

Evidentiary photos are 1. photographed in place (how it was found) and then 2. detailed
These appear to be neither.  The haphazard arrangement seems like a very unlikely condition for them to have been found in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Evidentiary photos are 1. photographed in place (how it was found) and then 2. detailed
These appear to be neither.  The haphazard arrangement seems like a very unlikely condition for them to have been found in.
View Quote

Yes, as it somebody wanted all the 'super secrete squirrel' covers to be laid out for a MSM effect.  The scale ruler kills me.  We need scale for 8.5x11 papers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be interesting to hear someone answer the question "Why was this photo taken?".  It's useless evidence-wise; the only possible explanation for it is that it's intended to manipulate public opinion.

Probably taken by the same person who carefully arranged the paper scraps in the toilet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

They were pulled out of that bankers box and layed out . This is all theater
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not convinced they were even pulled out of the bankers box. The documents and cover sheets look they were completely made up and staged as a PR photo. Redacted my ass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the "ECRET" classification?

I know the doc is redacted, but there is too much space where the "S" should be. FIB shouldn't have had the new guy print the evidence

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been framed: Trump claims FBI threw classified docs on floor at Mar-a-Lago 'pretending it was me who did it - and took pictures for public to see' - but says it doesn't matter because 'DECLASSIFIED THEM'

More
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it normal to attach classification cover sheets with paper clips?
View Quote

Yes, because you remove the cover sheets when the document is stored in the container.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.

Interesting theory here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More

This.

Interesting theory here:

The first reaction to this information about Trump’s office would be that he was determined to keep NSC staffers from leaking the material, as so often happened, in a manner designed to sabotage Trump’s policies.   (A report from Politico tending to corroborate that point emerged shortly thereafter.)

And in hindsight, that doesn’t seem off the wall.  POTUS can create as many SAPs as he wants, whenever he wants.  It’s up to him.  There’s nothing that could limit his use of that classification option to protect information.  The only opinions on it can be political ones about his motives; there’s no basis in law or regulation to impugn him for using SAPs.

Secret//SCI would be low level intelligence products. You still have to have the SCI access approvals for the program, but the particular bit of information contained isn't TS. Rather than producing cover sheets with alphabet soup of every possible letter combination, there's just SCI ones.

See here on page 12 for S//SI//TK being valid, they would use a Secret//SCI cover sheet.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What is the "ECRET" classification?

I know the doc is redacted, but there is too much space where the "S" should be. FIB shouldn't have had the new guy print the evidence

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20220831_081745_jpg-2509597.JPG
View Quote

Good eye !
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Secret//SCI would be low level intelligence products. You still have to have the SCI access approvals for the program, but the particular bit of information contained isn't TS. Rather than producing cover sheets with alphabet soup of every possible letter combination, there's just SCI ones.

See here on page 12 for S//SI//TK being valid, they would use a Secret//SCI cover sheet.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More

This.

Interesting theory here:

Kharn

That is a presentation but together by Marine Forces Reserve and is being used for training purposes and does not  represent actual policy.  Current policy is anything filling under the standard published caveats of SCI are TS level and require TS eligibility and a read in to view.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s a sham. That picture was set up for one purpose. To fool the public and to give the democrats something to pretend is bad.

That’s all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It’s a sham. That picture was set up for one purpose. To fool the public and to give the democrats something to pretend is bad.

That’s all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s all.

And it'll probably work. I'm still waiting on people here to start throwing claims of "Q" once they read that people think the picture is fake.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
Wiki has a better description of SCI, also showing the Secret level proper classification markings.  There is no deviation from these markings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitive_compartmented_information

Again, there's no mention of Secret//SCI, which was made up.  Shifty-Schiff is behind this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And it'll probably work. I'm still waiting on people here to start throwing claims of "Q" once they read that people think the picture is fake.
View Quote

They did forget "baby milk factory" so there's a small chance of it backfiring. It seems too scripted to me but I am oblivious to this TS stuff.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#23]
whats really disgusting was how the FBI refused to charge Hillary because "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”  But a raid on a former president is justified..really in a nation of 300 million people not one would prosecute. We really are dealing with a rogue government and DOJ....
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Dan Bongino: This is a lot more than a few bad apples
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]
The staged photo is more of the same lawfare/obstruction crap they have been doing for many years.  The classification markings mean nothing, so the regime is left with claims of "obstruction."  I don't believe the elections have a bearing on the timing, but the RICO suit is what drove the regime.  They know if President Trump's side presents evidence in that trial, those named in the suit are toast.

The docs doesn't mean anything, because President Trump and his team either has other copies or knows where to get the docs even if they were lost during the raid.  The raid was used to:
a) gather intel for the those named in the RICO suit
b) trigger another investigation with whatever they find

It took a while for them to come up with what they have now, since they were probably hoping to find something that was a gimme.  Since they only found evidence of the regime's wrong-doing, "obstruction" is what they have to go with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The staged photo is more of the same lawfare/obstruction crap they have been doing for many years.  The classification markings mean nothing, so the regime is left with claims of "obstruction."  I don't believe the elections have a bearing on the timing, but the RICO suit is what drove the regime.  They know if President Trump's side presents evidence in that trial, those named in the suit are toast.

The docs doesn't mean anything, because President Trump and his team either has other copies or knows where to get the docs even if they were lost during the raid.  The raid was used to:
a) gather intel for the those named in the RICO suit
b) trigger another investigation with whatever they find

It took a while for them to come up with what they have now, since they were probably hoping to find something that was a gimme.  Since they only found evidence of the regime's wrong-doing, "obstruction" is what they have to go with.
View Quote
I think I already asked this but:
How hard would it have been for Trump to dummy up a bunch of authentic-looking classified and TS documents and salt them around?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Do y'all really, truly think trump had the same respect for classified documents than say, someone in the military with clearance? I'm sure there are several politicians that are loose as fuck with classified shit because they think they're above the law (and usually are). It does not for one second surprise me that an egomaniac thought he could do whatever he wanted with classified shit lol
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do y'all really, truly think trump had the same respect for classified documents than say, someone in the military with clearance? I'm sure there are several politicians that are loose as fuck with classified shit because they think they're above the law (and usually are). It does not for one second surprise me that an egomaniac thought he could do whatever he wanted with classified shit lol
View Quote

De-classified*
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, pretending the military respects classified when mil members of the NSC were leaking info to damage Trump
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pick any modern President and then realize they did exactly what Trump has done, declassify documents at will.  The President has this sole authority

Given what you have written about Trump, I'll assume you voted for Obama.  Obama is currently in possession of 39 million pages of documents, many of which have been declassified.  
Obama did exactly what Trump has done, declassify documents

Everyone with a clearance should have the same level respect for classified information.  Someone in the military doesn't have more respect for classified information, than those not in the military.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#32]
General Maria Barrett arrest
Does anyone know anything about this story?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where is the authority to classify information derived from?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting, if true.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judging by the replies in this thread:
MSM
FIB
Never_Trumpers
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Interesting, if true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, if true.

Well since another headline is a story about the military arresting Brian Stelter for sexual assault on a child, I'm going with no.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That website is interesting....

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Interesting, if true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, if true.

The same web page has these stories. Seems like a really reliable source of information.

https://realrawnews.com/2021/07/military-executes-tom-hanks/
Military Executes Tom Hanks
By Michael Baxter - July 27, 2021

Actor Tom Hanks has left the earth, put to death by a military tribunal that found him guilty of pedophilia and child endangerment.

On June 12, the U.S. military apprehended Hanks after a plane he had chartered in Greece, where he held dual citizenship, landed at Malpensa Airport in Milan, Italy, where Hanks had been scheduled to attend a foreign film festival.

https://realrawnews.com/2022/08/brian-stelter-arrested/
Brian Stelter Arrested
By Michael Baxter - August 29, 2022
The U.S. military on Saturday arrested liberal “woke” activist and former CNN host Brian Stelter on charges of child molestation and possession of child pornography near his family’s posh condominium on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, JAG sources told Real Raw News.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fake site

the Real Raw News website. The site's "about us" page identifies itself as containing "humor, parody, and satire."

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The same web page has these stories. Seems like a really reliable source of information.

Actor Tom Hanks has left the earth, put to death by a military tribunal that found him guilty of pedophilia and child endangerment.

On June 12, the U.S. military apprehended Hanks after a plane he had chartered in Greece, where he held dual citizenship, landed at Malpensa Airport in Milan, Italy, where Hanks had been scheduled to attend a foreign film festival.

Brian Stelter Arrested
The U.S. military on Saturday arrested liberal “woke” activist and former CNN host Brian Stelter on charges of child molestation and possession of child pornography near his family’s posh condominium on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, JAG sources told Real Raw News.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, if true.

Brian Stelter Arrested

Now do CNN  

Yah, I didn't browse the rest of the site, appears to be horseshit.  Just like all the "reputable" news sites these days.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think I already asked this but:
How hard would it have been for Trump to dummy up a bunch of authentic-looking classified and TS documents and salt them around?
View Quote

Why would he do such a thing? That’s some “Qanon” level stuff. There is no logic in trolling the FBI.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Back to the classified document picture.

I held a TS clearance for years and never heard of Secret/SCI, so I called up a buddy that was in the White House Communications Agency while he was on active duty and worked there under Carter and Reagan. He held MOS 72G, automatic data telecommunications center operator, AKA ComCenter Operator. ComCenters are where all official messages were sent/received and distributed. This was before SIPRNET on the desktop was a thing.  He said he has never seen or heard of Secret/SCI. Could it be real?  I guess anything is possible, but I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I stopped reading at “white Hat” scanned the part about her and a civilian deputy being arrested.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hate to break this to you.  But being in the military, or being a cop, or being an FBI agent, doesn't guarantee anything with regard to character.

Many of our institutions are corrupted.  Hailing from a partially or wholly corrupted institution does not provide legitimacy or integrity.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#45]
MinorityReport - Orgy of Evidence Scene
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That is a presentation but together by Marine Forces Reserve and is being used for training purposes and does not  represent actual policy.  Current policy is anything filling under the standard published caveats of SCI are TS level and require TS eligibility and a read in to view.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More

This.

Interesting theory here:

Kharn

For lack of public source info, I cede the field.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

More
View Quote

Again, still not clear the actual classification status of those docs.  (He, and perhaps his staff, not coming from the world many of us are or were in with a heightened awareness of classified material control, may have have fallen into a casual swamp attitude, familiarity breeds contempt, "Everybody does it" - "Look  what we found, those records were on this table the whole time!" etc., which is no more acceptable for him/them than for Hillary, etc.)

What sort of fishing expedition "warrant" and mindset suggests that a box full of framed Time Magazine covers is evidence of anything and should be collected?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

As POTUS he had authority to declassify as he saw fit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

RRN is not trustworthy information.  We are in an information war right now.  That site may very well be part of an effort to discredit real information about what is going on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 204
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top