User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 is mine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#2]
this is the equivalent of some joker talking online about how he wished he had a machine gun.  so, an undercover ATF agent befriends him, gives him the parts and talks him through making it, then arrests him at the range.

then everyone at DU would be relieved that the ATF got a dangerous home grown terrorist off the streets.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
So most of yall seem upset this guy was arrested.

WTF is going on in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Godless idoliters, and  camel fucking pedophiles. Oh yeah, islam is such a peaceful religion.  Until the muslim and arab community quits harboring the assbags, fuck them too. They scream racism, profiling etc. They know who these mother fuckers are and don't say shit with a mouthful of it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#5]
When he was arrested Friday in Washington, he was carrying with him a vest supposedly packed with explosives, but the material inside was not actually dangerous, Fox News was told.

A short time earlier, he had been praying at a mosque in the Washington area. His destination was Capitol Hill.

The public was never in danger, as he had been under constant surveillance for some time.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/17/feds-arrest-man-heading-to-us-capitol-for-suicide-mission/#ixzz1mfJk10h6

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Why do these stories always read the same?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure Al Qaeda in America consists completely of FBI agents

Pretty much this!

To be fair, this guy was probably a dick.
Of course, but there have to be enough real terrorists out there that the FBI doesn't have to recruit their own to bust one.

Arguably, this guy was only lacking opportunity, so if they did not provide him with the controlled opportunity, he might have found a genuine opportunity down the road.

I find the thought of setting up terrorists with the assumption that they are "controlled" to be asking for a fuck up. If a guy had changes his mind about trying to bomb a building on Friday with a bomb the FBI gave him and decides to shoot up a mall on Thursday with an AK instead is there a plan for that? If you know they are terrorists why wait for them to be ready to go?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suspect this FBI super investigation is akin to talking the slow kid into eating bugs.

lol

- I snorted.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Less "upset this guy was arrested" and more "gee the FBI has nothing more important to do than to spend months or years setting up one dickhead?"
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you know they are terrorists why wait for them to be ready to go?

just go ahead and arrest people for saying they don't like the gov't?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It wasn't an attempted attack on anything.  It was another fuck-wit that took the bait.   I could care less about him and certainly don't feel upset but this was not some master plot that was foiled..... by the sounds of it.  

One less nut-cluster on the streets isn't a *bad* outcome or anything.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just the opposite, I'm elated they catch assholes like this. You'd just think they'd figure out the FBI is on top of shit
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well no, but letting them get within a half mile of their target with an explosive vest (even simulated) is somewhat retarded.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this!

Of course, but there have to be enough real terrorists out there that the FBI doesn't have to recruit their own to bust one.

Arguably, this guy was only lacking opportunity, so if they did not provide him with the controlled opportunity, he might have found a genuine opportunity down the road.

I find the thought of setting up terrorists with the assumption that they are "controlled" to be asking for a fuck up. If a guy had changes his mind about trying to bomb a building on Friday with a bomb the FBI gave him and decides to shoot up a mall on Thursday with an AK instead is there a plan for that? If you know they are terrorists why wait for them to be ready to go?

Because the bad guy has to make an overt attempt to put their plan into motion.  Until then he hasn't committed a crime and can also decide to walk away from the plan.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#15]

When he was arrested Friday in Washington, he was carrying with him a vest supposedly packed with explosives, but the material inside was not actually dangerous, Fox News was told.

If he had gotten his vest from BATFE, it would have been the real thing.

And they would have lost track of him.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I dont think anyone is upset, its just that i feel folks are tired when .GOV wants a parade everytime they convince a retard to blow something up with inert stuff and then collar him. Im glad they are on the ball but between Fast and Furious, Solyndra, Taxes and the economy nobody cares.
thanks FBI for doing your job. And ya know what, they will turn this around to restrict our freedom somehow, they will say the guy used a smart phone or some internet shit that now they will want to restrict or use against us. Am I paranoid, hell yes, but ya know what they are out to get us.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this!

Because the bad guy has to make an overt attempt to put their plan into motion.  Until then he hasn't committed a crime and can also decide to walk away from the plan.

The second his hands touched the "explosive" vest he's breaking like 50 laws and probably 100 DOT regulations.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Was he headed to the House, or the Senate?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well no, but letting them get within a half mile of their target with an explosive vest (even simulated) is somewhat retarded.

maybe don't give them an explosive vest at all.  woops, then they wouldn't be terrorists.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If he had gotten his vest from BATFE, it would have been the real thing.

And they would have lost track of him.

Fast and Furious II?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much this!

There are no laws on the books that allow for arrest of someone planning terrorism until they have a vest strapped on and are walking around downtown DC?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And, if so was he the only honest man to do so?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fox reported Capital Hill

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
More of the FBI assisted possible, maybe, if, would be, shit.

I'm gonna take a random guess.  His attack wouldn't even have been possible without FBI assistance...

Sounds like they even gave him the vest. Tinfoil on"I guess they learned not to give out real bombs after OKC" Tinfoil off.

ETA: We so need a troofer or tinfoil smiley. Maybe even an overweight militia smiley too. A tinfoil smiley with a microphone?

The FBI has admitted to setting up would be attacks so they could foil them. Case in point: The would be bombing of the building in Downtown Dallas two years ago.

Do a bit more research.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Should be tried and executed within 2 weeks.  NEXT.

On live P.P.V. tv.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Took them three years to talk him into it, eh?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

More of the FBI assisted possible, maybe, if, would be, shit.

I'm gonna take a random guess.  His attack wouldn't even have been possible without FBI assistance...

Sounds like they even gave him the vest. Tinfoil on"I guess they learned not to give out real bombs after OKC" Tinfoil off.

ETA: We so need a troofer or tinfoil smiley. Maybe even an overweight militia smiley too. A tinfoil smiley with a microphone?

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3693/retardoo0.jpg
The FBI has admitted to setting up would be attacks so they could foil them. Case in point: The would be bombing of the building in Downtown Dallas two years ago.

Do a bit more research.
The tinfoil comment was directed at the people that believe OKC was a .gov bomb that got away from them.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Probably, but to be honest, he was this close (holds up fingers very close together) after just a few hours.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wonder who voted for blowing up DC most often, the ATF, the FBI or the DEA?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this!

The second his hands touched the "explosive" vest he's breaking like 50 laws and probably 100 DOT regulations.

So if you touch a stick of dynamite you break the law?  The moment you buy a box of ammo are you breaking the law?  Or is it when you actually leave to carry out the plan?  What if the guy said "ya' know what? I've changed my mind (or I was just joking).  I really didn't think you (the guy supplying the means) would be able to really get this stuff."
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#31]
workplace violence
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder how many FBI fake terrorists there are in comparison to real terrorists.

These guys can't seem to find the real terrorists to deal with.

They find wannabes, dress them up like the real deal with fake bombs and turn them loose, and arrest them when they get close to launching their "attack". Sooner or later one of these shitheads is going to come up with a real bomb or launch their attack a little sooner than the FBI planned for them to.

Or they will distrust fellow "terrorists" so much they decide to go KISS ala the Ft. Hood shooter.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The government has done a wonderful job of raising folks confidence in their abilities and intentions.  Especially over the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much this!

So if you touch a stick of dynamite you break the law?  The moment you buy a box of ammo are you breaking the law?  Or is it when you actually leave to carry out the plan?  What if the guy said "ya' know what? I've changed my mind (or I was just joking).  I really didn't think you (the guy supplying the means) would be able to really get this stuff."

We didn't give Zacarias Moussaoui an airplane before we arrested and tried him.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this!

With high explosives, yeah pretty much.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#36]
In...
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#37]
In.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Good Job on them! Nice to see our intel agencies working well again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Just in time for reelection Obama's justice dept busts terrorist on way to blow up the government.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Bombwalking!

Anybody seen Holder?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is a weird thread.

Can "typical FBI, there was no real threat" be reconciled with "of course, typical muslim" + a dash of persecution.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Obama saved us!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm a bit more worried about the dudes who don't need to ask anyone for help.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And no one else is arrested?

If he's not a Citizen, the minute he expressed an interest to do harm to the U.S. he should have been sent back to Morocco
never to return.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't think our real enemies would want to blow up the capital.  It's much more harmful to the country to leave it the way it is.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this!

We didn't give Zacarias Moussaoui an airplane before we arrested and tried him.

Moussaoui was initially arrested on immigration charges and later indicted on conspiracy charges.  His conspired with with named (but un-indicted) Al' Qaeda members.  

This guy was supplied by UC FBI.  You can't conspire with the govt.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#48]
test run for future attempts
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't think our real enemies would want to blow up the capital.  It's much more harmful to the country to leave it the way it is.

Well said!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Godless idoliters, and  camel fucking pedophiles. Oh yeah, islam is such a peaceful religion.  Until the muslim and arab community quits harboring the assbags, fuck them too. They scream racism, profiling etc. They know who these mother fuckers are and don't say shit with a mouthful of it.

Maybe an edit to make everyone happy?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top