User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He told me he was injured in Nagasaki, Vietnam.

Next time act like you believe them and ask if they ever served in Bukkake.

I'm gonna use that!!!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the VA should just start prescribing crack to that guy and cut out the middle man.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Apparently the ratio is one rock to 15 Vicodin.

They must have been some big rocks, up here vic's are going for $5 each. Rocks depend on the size.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

But the holes are even more scary.  (Electrical engineering joke.)

Dave.

I get it - sort of.  And I'm a mechanical engineer......

Brian
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe he was a medic in Lebanon?

That would be Corpsman.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Serious question about VA care:
Does the VA only cover on the job/in the line of duty injuries for folks that did not retire from the military - ie richard247 serving 4 years and getting out?

Richard, in your case I think you said your leg was broken while you were messing around with a buddy kickboxing or something similar - correct?  If that's the case, how is it the VA's (really the taxpayers) responsibility to amputate/prostetic(sp?)/after care for a non work related injury/condition or for somebody that didn't "earn" (see question above) the complete coverage?  I suspect the VA is looking at your case as a total cost situation and they believe it's cheaper to medicate you over your lifetime.  Again, I'm asking a serious question about the VA benefits NOT busting your chops.

Brian
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The VA has treated me just as well or even better than the private sector.  Over the past 16 months, I've visited three of their hospitals and countless clinics - well over 100 visits in all.  Grade A, top notch care.  I have nothing but praiseful things to say about my experiences with the VA healthcare system.

REALLY?

spending a decade with my old man in a couple of VA facilities left me thinking that it was probably representative of 3rd world medicine
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Two-hundred a month?

If you are not too busy, could you go arrest his doctor?

Thanks.

no doubt...i have a sprained neck and a torn pec and all i can get is 30 a month.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top