Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]
While his gun politics suck, I have respect for the man.  He came to this country with a dream, to be a success.  

Does anyone know what his first successful business was and how he made his first million?  He was a roof builder.  Made his first million at age 22 and has a degree in business.  Only later did he go into acting.

He set his sights on being the body building champion of the world.  He did it.

When he retired from body building a friend asked him over dinner what he would do next, his reply “To be the biggest action movie star in the world”.

Impressive.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn that is a great speech!  What a set of cojones that man has to go around busting up all of those sacred rice bowls and slaying all of those sacred cows.

He sure made some enemies.

Take it to the people!  What a concept!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arnie, for all his anti-gun faults, is making some serious sense here. He is independently wealthy and doesn't need to work another day in his life. He sees the problems and has an idea of how to fix them.

He also has the ability to use the bully pulpit and to directly appeal to the people.

He can make a lot of this happen.

Good post. I agree with ever point you made.

same, putting his 2nd ammendment stance aside, he's a refreshing political figure.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Arnie, give me a call and I've got two worthless, Liberal-spewing Michael-Moore loving asswipe teachers who grade on the "I like your political alignment" system that you can fire.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
While his gun politics suck, I have respect for the man.  He came to this country with a dream, to be a success.  

Does anyone know what his first successful business was and how he made his first million?  He was a roof builder.  

He was fortunate to be working in construction right after a major earthquake, when peopl were desperate. His scam was to have his body builder employees go on the roof and pushed the chimney over "look the earthquake damaged your chimney, it could have fallen down at any moment" then charge an inflated price to repair it.  He bragged about that scam of Leno.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Ballsy damn speech.  Even ballsier if he follows up on it.

Hopefully, the more the PACs and Special Interests make noise about it, the more the people will realize that they are NOT there for the peoples' best interest, but for their own.

Woody
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with everything he proposed except actions that would undermine the equity of existing homes.  Their has to be another way to cut red tape and build new homes and not undermine the equity and value of those living their already.  Isn't a sizable portion of the cost of home ownership in CA. property tax???  If he succeeds in this particular goal I would plan to move soon.  I like the idea of cutting appointed officials/committees jobs though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arnie, for all his anti-gun faults, is making some serious sense here. He is independently wealthy and doesn't need to work another day in his life. He sees the problems and has an idea of how to fix them.

He also has the ability to use the bully pulpit and to directly appeal to the people.

He can make a lot of this happen.

Good post. I agree with ever point you made.

Same here.  I wish him well.  Carreer politicians are ruining this country.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top