Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 192
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Subnet needs to get perma banned for outing information from the secret BO forum a few months back.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That was only a matter of time. Habitual line stepping is hard to keep up indefinitely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Add carljung to the spreadsheet.

That was only a matter of time. Habitual line stepping is hard to keep up indefinitely.

Charlie Murphy approves this message.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Y'all need to let Signal back for everything to be fair and square.

View Quote

THIS

FREE SIGNAL
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Subnet needs to get perma banned for outing information from the secret BO forum a few months back.

View Quote

BO forum? Sounds stinky and gross, like a place for safety violators.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you have a discussion in the mil forum about civvies that talk shit about the military?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just a discussion. A secret known enemies discussion.

Do you have a discussion in the mil forum about civvies that talk shit about the military?

Send Striker your DD214 and come join us, so you can find out for yourself. I'm confident you'll feel at home in there. It's like a unit day room, except the vending machines don't sell beer and the medics are just as likely to have given the strippers the clap as they are to have cured them of it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A few points.

1. I thought there was no list, that it was just a discussion?
2. I dispute that Signal "brought it to light" as he never mentioned the LEO forum, he merely said he was going to be put on a list. If he hadn't been banned then I very much doubt if the existence of such a list would have ever come to light.
3. The .mil and LEO forums are apples and oranges as .mil do not have official capacity to harm US citizens (outside of other .mil members) while LEO do.
4. I support confidentiality, I also support whistleblowing. RebelGrey selling secrets to terrorists because he wanted money or hated America or whatever was an act of treason, and I support harsh punishment for that. The various folks who have leaked documents about the illegal activity of the fed.gov re things like Fast and Furious or the NSA or the IRS etc were breaking secrecy in order to expose crimes or morally objectionable actions and as such are in a different category.

I don't know what was on the list. Based on the reaction to it and who was keeping it I tend to think that what he did was justified whistleblowing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you believe Signal25 was morally and ethically correct by bringing the LEO list to light? As a reminder, Goatboy said just as much in his post, that Signal25 was, I believe the term used, "justified."

A few points.

2. I dispute that Signal "brought it to light" as he never mentioned the LEO forum, he merely said he was going to be put on a list. If he hadn't been banned then I very much doubt if the existence of such a list would have ever come to light.
3. The .mil and LEO forums are apples and oranges as .mil do not have official capacity to harm US citizens (outside of other .mil members) while LEO do.
4. I support confidentiality, I also support whistleblowing. RebelGrey selling secrets to terrorists because he wanted money or hated America or whatever was an act of treason, and I support harsh punishment for that. The various folks who have leaked documents about the illegal activity of the fed.gov re things like Fast and Furious or the NSA or the IRS etc were breaking secrecy in order to expose crimes or morally objectionable actions and as such are in a different category.

I don't know what was on the list. Based on the reaction to it and who was keeping it I tend to think that what he did was justified whistleblowing.

Roger that.

So consider for a minute that one of your very own military members said in an earlier thread about this whole debacle that anyone with a tank icon who is whining about the list is a hypocrite.

What does that say both about the military list and the LEO thread to you?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Send Striker your DD214 and come join us, so you can find out for yourself. I'm confident you'll feel at home in there. It's like a unit day room, except the vending machines don't sell beer and the medics are just as likely to have given the strippers the clap as they are to have cured them of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've considered it but frankly the attitude of military members on this site toward police members of this site has really turned me off to it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've considered it but frankly the attitude of military members on this site toward police members of this site has really turned me off to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI, there are a number of members who are members of both communities (mil and LE). Don't let the typical GD poster sour you on experiences you're missing from another part of the site. Like I tell my kids with new food, you don't know if you're going to like it until you try it. If they try it and decide they don't like it, I don't make them eat it. If you get access and find you don't like the .mil forum, nobody is going to force you to participate in there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Roger that.

So consider for a minute that one of your very own military members said in an earlier thread about this whole debacle that anyone with a tank icon who is whining about the list is a hypocrite.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you believe Signal25 was morally and ethically correct by bringing the LEO list to light? As a reminder, Goatboy said just as much in his post, that Signal25 was, I believe the term used, "justified."

A few points.

Roger that.

Who said anything about a .mil list? I haven't seen anyone posting about the existence of such a list. And, again, .mil have no more power over US citizens than anyone else, while cops do so it's apples to oranges.

Some folks have tanks but their allegiance is to the hidden badge. Without knowing the person who is laughing off the LEO list I can't comment on whether or not I trust their judgement. Maybe that tanker was one of the "It's just a discussion!" types. Who knows?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Who said anything about a .mil list? I haven't seen anyone posting about the existence of such a list. And, again, .mil have no more power over US citizens than anyone else, while cops do so it's apples to oranges.

Some folks have tanks but their allegiance is to the hidden badge. Without knowing the person who is laughing off the LEO list I can't comment on whether or not I trust their judgement. Maybe that tanker was one of the "It's just a discussion!" types. Who knows?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few points.

Roger that.

The mil discussion of the same type as the LEO discussion has been mentioned a couple times in these threads over the past days.

Should whoever mentioned it be banned?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The mil discussion of the same type as the LEO discussion has been mentioned a couple times in these threads over the past days.

View Quote

I haven't seen any mentions of that nature, although I have seen some sort of general equivocation about how the LEO list wasn't really a list and so if anyone in the .mil forum ever made mention of anyone outside of the .mil forum it must have been exactly the same.

I don't support bans for people being stupid or advocating moral relativism. If you saw anyone posting .mil forum stuff on the public side by all means report them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]
What thread am I in again?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

the one with the list
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

A thread that is probably bound for a lock if this side bar continues.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was told to get rid of my old avatar or be banned.
It was the dude riding on the back of the big chick and I had Pistol animate it so she was bucking.
View Quote

Ha!  I know that picture... someone started one of those "Pick your weapon for _____" threads and I photoshopped a picture of an M2 mounted to her.  I'm surprised I didn't catch a lock for that  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say.....

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I haven't seen any mentions of that nature, although I have seen some sort of general equivocation about how the LEO list wasn't really a list and so if anyone in the .mil forum ever made mention of anyone outside of the .mil forum it must have been exactly the same.

I don't support bans for people being stupid or advocating moral relativism. If you saw anyone posting .mil forum stuff on the public side by all means report them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you support a ban for someone violating the sanctity of the mil thread, but you oppose a ban for someone violating the sanctity of the LEO forum.

Interdasting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Please keep this thread on topic--GoatBoy made a specific request, and you are going to be upset if it is locked (though he specifically ordered all threads on the topic of "the list" to be locked).
View Quote

Roger.

We will aid you in making it like this whole cluster fuck never happened.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd say.....

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say.....

Yes.

Submit your DD214 and find out for yourself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I sent in the boxtops and never got my decoder ring!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Please keep this thread on topic--GoatBoy made a specific request, and you are going to be upset if it is locked (though he specifically ordered all threads on the topic of "the list" to be locked).
View Quote

As long as I can make a new thread from the locked ashes it's ok

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Nm.

Saw TBK1s post.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Roger that. I'll add your request to the LIST of things not to do on Arfcom.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So you support a ban for someone violating the sanctity of the mil thread, but you oppose a ban for someone violating the sanctity of the LEO forum.

Interdasting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interdasting.

Keeping it on topic, the banned member, Signal25, didn't actually say he'd make a cop hater list within the LEO forum. He simply said he'd make the cop hater list. It wasn't until sanctions were handed out against him that the LEO forum was mentioned. For all I would have known, he could have been talking about a list maintained by one of the many members of the thin blue line (before anybody gets upset, I'd like to point out that both I and my Dad are former members of the TBL) who will habitually point out other members' habits of posting anti-LEO comments. (There are, after all, some folks here with VERY good memories and ability to recall posts from years ago.) Or, some might have thought he was referring the idea that the NSA and DOJ, through their habit of data mining, might have some form of anti-cop list. (Let's face it, there are a LOT of members here who have their tin foil hats on far too tightly and believe that such lists are maintained by the government.)

In short, Signal25 didn't say he was referring to an anti-cop list maintained anywhere on ARFCOM. It was others who made it seem plausible that such a list/discussion/thread existed somewhere on the forum.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#27]
He isn't coming back.

Get over it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't want Smiley's thread locked.

But I will say Balog and SiVis,  if y'all are ever in Chicago I'm buying. Sig is a friend of mine.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A few points.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few points.

I think your trolling and trying to get others a lock or a ban.  We have had GoatBoy, DK Prof, Aimless and Ed Sr. amongst others address the issue.  You (and some others) keep bringing it up or continue to use references to "list" in threads throughout GD, regardless of what I would call some heavy hitters from the site staff telling members here that it was not what you all want to make it out to be.  It appears to me as poking, baiting and or trolling.  The LEO members appear to be honoring an agreement to not discuss any particulars of that forum outside of that forum.  Yet, despite assurances from Site Staff that it's was not what you want to make it out to be, you continue to post and prod about it in an what appears to be an effort to entice an LEO member  to refute your claims and violate the agreement they made in another forum on this site.  

As for our official capacity to harm citizens, would you prefer that all LEO's simply not be allowed to be members of this site?  It sounds like we are being branded as dangerous because of what we could do, not anything that we have done.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#30]
This whole list escapade has a sort of "stalinesque" feel to it. First people are banned merely for mentioning it, then all thread are locked and/or deleted to try to cover up their existence. Now future threads and mentions face sanction for violating the purge order.

To the ARFCOM gulags with you all, peasants.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This whole list escapade has a sort of "stalinesque" feel to it. First people are banned merely for mentioning it, then all thread are locked and/or deleted to try to cover up their existence. Now future threads and mentions face sanction for violating the purge order.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think your trolling and trying to get others a lock or a ban.  We have had GoatBoy, DK Prof, Aimless and Ed Sr. amongst others address the issue.  You (and some others) keep bringing it up or continue to use references to "list" in threads throughout GD, regardless of what I would call some heavy hitters from the site staff telling members here that it was not what you all want to make it out to be.  It appears to me as poking, baiting and or trolling.  The LEO members appear to be honoring an agreement to not discuss any particulars of that forum outside of that forum.  Yet, despite assurances from Site Staff that it's was not what you want to make it out to be, you continue to post and prod about it in an what appears to be an effort to entice an LEO member  to refute your claims and violate the agreement they made in another forum on this site.  

As for our official capacity to harm citizens, would you prefer that all LEO's simply not be allowed to be members of this site?  It sounds like we are being branded as dangerous because of what we could do, not anything that we have done.
View Quote

Play the victim much?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/jLK74MUW07RaU/giphy.gif

You're going on the cowering peasants list, I'm a Colonel you know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about we drop the list nonsense in this thread so it doesn't get locked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Da, Comrade Commissar.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must really have a low opinion of my intelligence to think that you can trick me into violating the confidentiality of the .mil forum and getting banned so easily.

I'll just refer you to GoatBoy's statement that such threads are universally banned for all sections.

Let me try to make this easy for you.  Who?  What?  Where? Easy.

Quoted:
"how about an opology for the Douchebag comment in the .mil forum? Maybe nick will apologise for the Choade remark?"

Who?- A direct reference to a poster called "Nick."

What?- We apparently have two direct references, "the douchbag comment" and "the Choade remark."

Where?- A direct reference, "in the .mil forum."

Now let's look at the other post in the exact same manner.

Quoted:
"I guess I'll make the known cop hater thread now."

Who?- Nothing.

What?- "the known cop hater thread."

Where?-Nothing.

A fellow cop blew ya'll outta the water and brought your fucked-up "thread" to light when he lost his cool & banned Signal25 unjustly.

To bad, so sad, but don't blame Signal25 for it.

"Oh, well."

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"how about an opology for the Douchebag comment in the .mil forum? Maybe nick will apologise for the Choade remark?"

What?- We apparently have two direct references, "the douchbag comment" and "the Choade remark."

Quoted:

Who?- Nothing.

Where?-Nothing.

A fellow cop blew ya'll outta the water and brought your fucked-up "thread" to light when he lost his cool & banned Signal25 unjustly.

"Oh, well."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must really have a low opinion of my intelligence to think that you can trick me into violating the confidentiality of the .mil forum and getting banned so easily.

I'll just refer you to GoatBoy's statement that such threads are universally banned for all sections.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?- Nothing.

Where?-Nothing.

"Oh, well."

Comrade, we must be silent or we will be disappeared to the gulags with disgraced comrade Signal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#38]
is there even an 'a' in chode?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Da, Comrade Commissar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Da, Comrade Commissar.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GB also said something about zero tolerance for "trolling" and "baiting" if I recall correctly.  ZMV migh want to tread lightly.  We don't need any more bans for a while.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Snip
Comrade, we must be silent or we will be disappeared to the gulags with disgraced comrade Signal.
View Quote

Damn, I hadn't read up to that far.  

Sorry.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#42]
IBTL.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?- Nothing.

Where?-Nothing.

"Oh, well."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?- Nothing.

Where?-Nothing.

"Oh, well."

JIA served his time. It's over. Let's move on.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
IBTL.
View Quote

Basically.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Basically.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL.

Basically.

Almost made 100 pages.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
herpderp
View Quote

You might want to look at who started this by asking me a question in an effort to get me to violate the .mil forum and get banned. I guess answering a cop's questions is trolling now?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Now, can everyone just drop this shit so they can memory hole this and Smiley doesn't get his thread locked?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You might want to look at who started this by asking me a question in an effort to get me to violate the .mil forum and get banned. I guess answering a cop's questions is trolling now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
herpderp

It is when they use Dave_A tactics.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
herpderp

To be honest, it was a rhetorical question.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#50]
What part of "Shut the fuck up!" is so hard for everyone to comprehend?
Page / 192
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top