Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 192
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm saying that because they own the forum, and I wouldn't want someone shitting in my house and claiming they have a right.

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

The sooner you people realize that, the sooner we can stop the fucking games that are driving away good people.
View Quote

Lol.

Bring on the purge.

Wanna take bets on b how many of the soon to be banned members will he the secret badges?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I agree.  Don't like it, you can always log out.
View Quote

The bias views and wishy washy rules are what's driving people away from here.

When I spend my hard earned money to support this place like I have since I've joined then they basically slap everyone in the face it kinda pisses me off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lets not get this thread locked, they are purging all discussion of what happened yesterday from the site.  So back on track lets post more banned retreads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lets not get this thread locked, they are purging all discussion of what happened yesterday from the site.  So back on track lets post more banned retreads.

GoatBoy asked for discussion of this "list" nonsense to end yesterday--and asked us to lock threads discussing it further. So, locked.

He seems to be enjoying it at least.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
51-60 summarized and IMed to smiley.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol.

Bring on the purge.

Wanna take bets on b how many of the soon to be banned members will he the secret badges?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm saying that because they own the forum, and I wouldn't want someone shitting in my house and claiming they have a right.

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

The sooner you people realize that, the sooner we can stop the fucking games that are driving away good people.

Lol.

Bring on the purge.

I'm not talking about bans or a purge. I'm talking about good, experienced, knowledgeable people leaving the site because they don't want to be associated with scumbags.

Think of it like moving to a different city when criminals move next door. Eventually only criminals and shithead will live there. Do you really want that to happen here?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<Removed.  If you wish to do nothing but troll you are going to have to go elsewhere.  --tbk1>

I have the feeling the new "no trolling" rule is going to be selectively enforced in a predictable manner.

You should start your own forum and enforce your own rules.

Lol @ saying that only because the rules slide in your favor.

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not talking about bans or a purge. I'm talking about good, experienced, knowledgeable people leaving the site because they don't want to be associated with scumbags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

Lol.

Bring on the purge.

Oh, yeah, it's such a one sided issue like you suggest.

This site has received thousands of my dollars. Not tens, not hundreds, thousands.

Selective enforcement of the ambiguous "no trolling" rule will make my future decisions as to which sites I support very easy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

Thanks for proving my point entirely.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

Oh no, am I a criminal and scumbag now? Will you be putting me on the secret enemies listdiscussionthread that doesn't exist but you get banned for mentioning it? No way anyone could be driven away over that of course, unless they're a criminal scumbag.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh no, am I a criminal and scumbag now? Will you be putting me on the secret enemies listdiscussionthread that doesn't exist but you get banned for mentioning it? No way anyone could be driven away over that of course, unless they're a criminal scumbag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

I can't even believe I have to associate with you people, degenerates, all of you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Think of it like moving to a different city when criminals move next door. Eventually only criminals and shithead will live there. Do you really want that to happen here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

Lol.

Bring on the purge.

No, this new "rule" is going to be abused and used to remove people who's opinion aren't agreed with but have stayed within the old CoC rules.

Believe it or not most of 5his site isn't a bunch of criminals, no matter how much they don't agree with the LEO posters.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, this new "rule" is going to be abused and used to remove people who's opinion aren't agreed with but have stayed within the old CoC rules.

Believe it or not most of 5his site isn't a bunch of criminals, no matter how much they don't agree with the LEO posters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define analogy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

Lol.

Bring on the purge.

That's the feeling I am getting.

The reasonable neutrality and fairness of the moderation on this site is most of why I liked it so much... I'm afraid it may end.

By creating ambiguous and highly subjective rules, the neutrality and fairness of moderation is destined to erode.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Define analogy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define analogy.

What?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define analogy.

What?

Huh?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define analogy.

What?

Huh?

Define epenthesis.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd say you guys should start another thread so this one doesn't get locked but that one would probably get locked.

Seriously though Smiley and some others put a lot of work into this thread, so head to the pit, another thread, or IM's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Define epenthesis.
View Quote

Define definition.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Define definition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Define epenthesis.

Define definition.

Depends on what the meaning of is is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd say you guys should start another thread so this one doesn't get locked but that one would probably get locked.

Seriously though Smiley and some others put a lot of work into this thread, so head to the pit, another thread, or IM's.
View Quote

Being unable to discuss a new rule and its possible implications without fear of punishment bodes well for things...

Shhh... Don't mention the unwritten rules... They lock you for that... It's an unwritten rule...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

'duck is back! Nice to see you.

(Take his name off the wall. And we spent all that money upgrading the plaque, too!)
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Meh, I have no issues with .mil, LEOs or lifers having their own private forums.  

But if there was a thread talking about who they disliked and listing members....well, it should have been treated just like a thread on the same topic in GD would have been treated, IMO.  But it's not my site, so no one gives a fuck what I think.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not supposed to say what goes on in their secret forums. It's bullshit though. They have a thread talking shit about people and he gets banned for it.

Having such a thread in GD (or hell, even in the Pit) would result in the thread getting locked at a minimum.

Now you know why there was a need for their own secret forum.

Meh, I have no issues with .mil, LEOs or lifers having their own private forums.  

But if there was a thread talking about who they disliked and listing members....well, it should have been treated just like a thread on the same topic in GD would have been treated, IMO.  But it's not my site, so no one gives a fuck what I think.  

IF you're too much of a pussy to say it in GD...

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Being unable to discuss a new rule and its possible implications without fear of punishment bodes well for things...

Shhh... Don't mention the unwritten rules... They lock you for that... It's an unwritten rule...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time to start voting with your wallet. If they want an echo chamber then sounds like eventually they will have one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have the feeling the new "no trolling" rule is going to be selectively enforced in a predictable manner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<Removed.  If you wish to do nothing but troll you are going to have to go elsewhere.  --tbk1>

Get over it. Not your house. Not your rules.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Time to start voting with your wallet. If they want an echo chamber then sounds like eventually they will have one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, bye.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

(Take his name off the wall. And we spent all that money upgrading the plaque, too!)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ducks are remarkably resilient!

Good to be back.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Good to be back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to be back.

Welcome back  While I understood what you were trying to do, I tried to warn you, you were stepping on your junk  Glad it worked out!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I appreciate your faith, but I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  If you mean the "signal" guy, he deserved it.  I/we always hate to see ANYONE banned, but there are rules which must be obeyed.  Site bans are not taken lightly, not done capriciously, and never done by one staffer only.  They are ALL reviewed by at least one sr. staffer, and most often by all three of us (EdAvilaSr, Striker, myself). Our default position is to find a reason to keep the member, but the ultimate decision lies with the staffer who locked him.  They can be overruled (only by EdAvilaSr), but that is very rare, as the staff knows the protocols, and are very scrupulous in the actions taken.  
View Quote

O'rly?!

Interesting....

ETA:

Ive suspected some things going on behind the scenes that may have came to light lately. And Smiley (unintentionally, Im sure) left out a couple key words for the real reason my name is in the OP. So alls Ill say is I like the site, and asked Stryker nicely to allow me back in, and he was very gracious about doing it. But, hmmm.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Welcome back  While I understood what you were trying to do, I tried to warn you, you were stepping on your junk  Glad it worked out!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to be back.

Never claimed to be the smartest Duck in the pond.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I am glad to see you back and relatively unscathed as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to be back.

I am glad to see you back and relatively unscathed as well.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

O'rly?!

Interesting....

ETA:
Ive suspected some things going on behind the scenes that may have came to light lately. And Smiley (unintentionally, Im sure) left out a couple key words for the real reason my name is in the OP. So alls Ill say is I like the site, and asked Stryker nicely to allow me back in, and he was very gracious about doing it. But, hmmm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate your faith, but I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  If you mean the "signal" guy, he deserved it.  I/we always hate to see ANYONE banned, but there are rules which must be obeyed.  Site bans are not taken lightly, not done capriciously, and never done by one staffer only.  They are ALL reviewed by at least one sr. staffer, and most often by all three of us (EdAvilaSr, Striker, myself). Our default position is to find a reason to keep the member, but the ultimate decision lies with the staffer who locked him.  They can be overruled (only by EdAvilaSr), but that is very rare, as the staff knows the protocols, and are very scrupulous in the actions taken.  

O'rly?!

Interesting....

ETA:

All I can say is a) welcome back, and b) I start 5x more posts than I click "Submit". Sometimes what's funny in my head, may not read as funny to other people. Sometimes, that guardian angel on my shoulder deploys his nightstick and my finger hits Cancel instead. I wish he'd just tug on my ear, or something.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should start your own forum and enforce your own rules.

Lol @ saying that only because the rules slide in your favor.

WE ARE ALL GUESTS HERE.

No, we're not guests.

The site doesn't exist without its users.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This times a million.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
All I can say is a) welcome back, and b) I start 5x more posts than I click "Submit". Sometimes what's funny in my head, may not read as funny to other people. Sometimes, that guardian angel on my shoulder deploys his nightstick and my finger hits Cancel instead. I wish he'd just tug on my ear, or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

O'rly?!

Interesting....

ETA:

Shit, brother, I definitely know those feels

Funny story bout that. Actually made a friend out of my stupid posting. I was having a really bad day one night. Got some shit ripped off of my car. Had a few to blow off some steam. Which turned into a few too many. Quoted a post kind of shit talking a guy he quoted. Next morning see an IM. Think 'Oh fuck.. whatd I type?' Luckily it was the member I quoted asking 'WTF?! Was that directed at me?!' Explained what happened, and he understood and we had a laugh. But I learned that exact lesson that night!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, we're not guests.

View Quote

I'm going to start charging my dinner party guests $24 to take a piss.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we're not guests.

The butthurt is strong with this one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we're not guests.

And then let everyone talk shit about them behind their back when they are in the bathroom.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we're not guests.

About as butthurt as a secret thread in a secret forum whining about people that hurt your feelings.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

About as butthurt as a secret thread in a secret forum whining about people that hurt your feelings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we're not guests.

Don't worry, you made my only list on arfcom
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we're not guests.

You should go confiscate some integrity from someone.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

O'rly?!

Interesting....

ETA:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

O'rly?!

Interesting....

ETA:

You're name isn't in the OP...

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was last night...  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

O'rly?!

Interesting....

ETA:

Take it from me, sometimes windmills tilt back!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So he found a reason to not ban you.  Sounds like the system worked.  Is that what you are saying?  Otherwise I'm lost.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

O'rly?!

Interesting....
ETA:

So he found a reason to not ban you.  Sounds like the system worked.  Is that what you are saying?  Otherwise I'm lost.  

Yep, the system did work. I was hoping what I was saying wouldnt get jumbled into that. Stryker and I exchanged emails, I explained my side (I took a 3 month break in the mean time) and he said a lot of what you said. You guys (Staff) dont like to ban members, dont like to see them go, etc. Stryker (and Staff by proxy) was very good to me.

Ive just wondered if Stryker happened across my post, or a group of others may have mass reported it, making it seem bigger than it was. As Smiley put 'It was a misunderstanding of terms." I had no ill intent in the post that got me nailed.

Edit:Clarification
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 192
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top