Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a personal policy to never wear any footwear outside of my own property that I wouldn't be able to run in.

I'm suprised it took four pages for this to come up. For a bunch of guys that are concerned with self defense and tactics, this should be obvious.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If 5.11 had made them ARFCOM would be all over it.

Here's the deal... if you are thinking about what other men have on their feet... YOU are ghey
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
they are for people that are too retarded to use velcro
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Never OK
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Crocs are only ok if your boyfriend picks them out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#6]
They're great for house/yard shoes.
I have the tacticool OD green off roady looking ones.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

2) Mowing the lawn.  

The primary advantage is that they don't smell and I can hose them off.  Other than that, leave them at home.
I would NEVER wear my CROCS moving the lawn.  It's a hazard to your feet should any branches or metal pieces go flying.

As far as running, how far of distance are we talking? Obviously not the Chicago Marathon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]
White Trash love them over here.
Take a trip to a low prize warehouse and its full of people on old washed t-shirts and tracksuit pants, all of them with Crocs on their feets.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Crocs, flip-flops, and sandals...........big NO! Feet/toes/toe nails are some of the most disgusting looking things in the world. It seems as if the people with the most disgusting looking feet/toes/toe nails wear these things.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I got a pair of camo ones for Christmas a couple of years ago, when i saw them i thought i might wear them around the house.
I put them on one time and they went to the back of the closet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Crocs, flip-flops, and sandals...........big NO! Feet/toes/toe nails are some of the most disgusting looking things in the world. It seems as if the people with the most disgusting looking feet/toes/toe nails wear these things.

sounds like you have issues
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Couldn't say.

What I can say is NEVER fuck w/a dude wearing pink ones
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I want a pair in camo

Is it tacticool  to blouse your bdus over them?  
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

You beat me to it.  Darn you.  Darn you to heck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I love Crocs..

But not for men---they are not cute on guys---unless you work in a hospital or something..

But like men in the mall or whatever---that is a no no...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
A man walks down the street in those shoes, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Wearing Crocs is an act of faggotry in the first degree.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I had my foot crushed years ago and have always had problems finding shoes that didn't hurt. It was suggested I try Crocs and I haven't had a problem with my foot since. They're extremely comfortable...

And if any of you have plantar fasciitis, give Crocs a try.

Oh, and if you care what people wear on their feet, maybe they aren't the ones who are ghey...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I despise Crocs with a passion, but then again I have nothing against Hawaianas flip flops.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#20]
My Daughter was in the Hospital for about two months last year,  I noticed that EVERYONE , Nurses and Doctors alike wore Crocks.  They must be comfortable if you're standing on your feet all day - and they're not cheap for plastic/foam shoes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#21]
No they are not cheap--but you can get the Airwalk vesion at Payless for a lot less...

I love them damn things I kid you not...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Here's the deal... if you are thinking about what other men have on their feet... YOU are ghey

Word to your mother! At least 50% of arfcom would feel at home sitting next to the fashionistas on lifetime television or whatever critiquing outfits worn to the grammys/oscars/etc. yet the have the audacity to call a man's footwear choice gay. The hypocrisy is deep in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

heh, tit curtains and castro hats.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#24]
They are the greatest shoe to come out in 25 years. For me they have eliminated both sneakers & flip flops. Lightweight, good arch support (unlike flip-flops which most have none)
odorless, easy clan up. Wore a pair on a 7 night cruise, last month, and the only time I took them off was a 2 hour formal dinner one night and to shower or sleep. Those who say they are gay are not secure in their masculinity. It is perfectly heterosexual to wear Crocs.

Here is some dude who could really use a pair:

I wish I had a pair of Crocs
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I use them as shower shoes when I stay in campgrounds.  Better to look like a tool than get teh fungus.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I think I'm going to go get a pair now.

Nothing like going against the ARFCOM tide to ensure that you're doing the right thing.... especially when it comes to fashion.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I wear them out on the boat when fishing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2) Mowing the lawn.  

The primary advantage is that they don't smell and I can hose them off.  Other than that, leave them at home.
I would NEVER wear my CROCS moving the lawn.  It's a hazard to your feet should any branches or metal pieces go flying.

As far as running, how far of distance are we talking? Obviously not the Chicago Marathon.

My lawn is pretty small and suburban.  No branches or anything like that.  I guess I could lose a piece of my mower, but I can't worry about everything.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
No crocs here, but I do wear pink bunny slippers around the house, because I think it's hilarious to answer the door in them armed.

People really get that from the slippers and when coupled with a firearm.
+1

I also have a pair of "Murphy the Moose" slippers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Along the same line, if they made them in black with a boltface logo on them, it'd be a whole 'nother story...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a brown pair that have done a tour in iraq so there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#32]

I have a brown pair.  They are good for summertime chores around the farm.  

I also find that people who call others gay are trying to compensate for their own gayness.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Crocs are not okay in public for a man in any circumstance. My wife bought me a pair and it took me three years to even try them on. I'll use them between the house and the garage, but I'll not wear a pair of fag shoes in public.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

2) Mowing the lawn.  
trimmed .

My lawn is pretty small and suburban.  No branches or anything like that.  I guess I could lose a piece of my mower, but I can't worry about everything.

A little off the subject, but that's what my neighbor thought one evening when he sent his kid to mow our lawn while I was overseas in the First Gulf War.  He did it as a favor and didn't check with Ma Danby first.  My oldest boy liked trains and had left a few RR spikes on the lawn.  That was one fucked up lawn mower.  IIRC from reports of some concerned, none of the shrapnel ended up coming back under the back, but you can actually stick spikes through the deck and into the gearbox before it dies a horrible death.

Steel toes may be overkill, but Crocs are asking for a "Look what I did to my toes" picture thread here in GS
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

2) Mowing the lawn.  
trimmed .

A little off the subject, but that's what my neighbor thought one evening when he sent his kid to mow our lawn while I was overseas in the First Gulf War.  He did it as a favor and didn't check with Ma Danby first.  My oldest boy liked trains and had left a few RR spikes on the lawn.  That was one fucked up lawn mower.  IIRC from reports of some concerned, none of the shrapnel ended up coming back under the back, but you can actually stick spikes through the deck and into the gearbox before it dies a horrible death.

Steel toes may be overkill, but Crocs are asking for a "Look what I did to my toes" picture thread here in GS

There's something to be said for a bit of overkill... from a safety standpoint, it's hard to beat steel toe/steel shank boots.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#37]
No. In fact I think most open toed shoes IE sandals, flip-flops, clogs should be banned from all mens closets. Do it for the sake of all young men everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#38]
i used to hate them till i used them on the boat... now i love them.... they look stupid but very comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#39]
1. If you're a doctor or nurse
2. Shower shoes
3. Boat shoes (see 4.)
4. If you're looking for the buttsecks.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#40]
So for all of you "guys" that know all about Crocs and buttsecks, what color is least likely to draw your queer eye?

I'm going to pick up a pair at lunch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Got 'em on sale as backpacking camp shoes and ended up liking them as general purpose slippers.  Don't care what people think of 'em.  They are comfortable and easy to get on and off.  I won't pay $30-50 for foam shoes but if they are on sale I have purchased less useful items for more money at times.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I love Crocs..

But not for men---they are not cute on guys---unless you work in a hospital or something..

But like men in the mall or whatever---that is a no no...

Uhhh, got news, they aren't cute on women either.  If you are wearing them to the mall as a woman then you aren't looking to classy either.  They are some of the fuglyist things you can choose to put on your feet, but that's not the issue.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Its fine for bumming around the beach or on the deck. Anywhere where you would wear flip flops.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Nothing wrong with Croc Slides!! Very comfortable...

Slides
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't care if you wear high-heels, if you think they're comfortable... rock your face off.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I was looking at a pair this weekend.  $35 for a simple piece of foam!!!  No way will I pay that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
So for all of you "guys" that know all about Crocs and buttsecks, what color is least likely to draw your queer eye?

I'm going to pick up a pair at lunch.

Why not just go with orange and blue? They seem pretty popular amongst UF fans already, so you won't stick out too much.

Plus, they will match the rest of your outfit.

ETA:  UGA kid link

UGA kid on the link between gators and jhorts
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Mom likes her Crocs.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Mom likes her Crocs.

i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc83/yullose/DSC051232.jpg
...but they're not allowed in the 'Vette!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#50]
add a poll already

i own the black heavy treaded crocs to take the dog out to shit
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top