Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
GantorisIV,
I have a pretty good buddy named SF_Chris - he and I shoot all the time.

We have a great team.

That guy rocked!  Whatever happened to him?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a long standing airsoft vet and play almost every weekend. I've moved up to Lt. on my team.

My load out:
Tokyo Marui M4 RIS w/M203
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

I'm saving up to buy a SAW later this year! My team could use the extra fire power. I'm really glad I found this forum, its the best!

Damn you are ready for combat now, nothing like an airsoft adrenaline dump.

Exactly, there is nothing like a good airsoft battle. Its damn close to the real thing. It even hurts to be shot. I even have the bruises to prove it. You guys should try it. Its great training and a blast.

Really, it seems almost everyone here that bashes airsoft has never tried it before.

I am also looking into something called Real Action Paintball.  It's paintball with realistic looking guns, and they even eject "shell casings".  I think so far they make an M4, an MP5 and a Glock.

The problem is that people come on here who have nothing but airsoft guns and act like they know everything.

Airsoft stuff makes great non-lethal force-on-force training.  But some people take it way too seriously.  On the other hand, a lot of people here bash just for the hell of bashing it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

That is definately not the case here, I have many more real firearms than airsoft, airsoft is just another hobby for me.

I hate to say it but, list them off

AR-15 (m4gery kit gun from model 1 sales)
Chinese SKS
Remington 870 HD
Winchester Model 94
HK USP .45
Smith & Wesson 686+

If you want pics, you will have to wait a day or two, as I would have to borrow my friends digital camera.

The point is that airsoft has absolutley ZERO PLACE ON ARFCOM. If you wish to discuss toy weapons, I suggest you go find yourself a nice airsoft forum. This is not the place for you.

Has about as much a place here as most of the posted on GD.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GantorisIV,
We have a great team.

Maybe he went on vacation.  I've sent him a few emails, but he never answers.  As good of friends as we were, I'll bet he's out of town.

Oh yeah - he's one bad ass, allright!  Can't corner him for nothing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this a first?

One post is so long, that only two others will fit on a page?  {At least my page)

EDIT:  Nope - guess not.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The "safety training" response is a thinly veiled excuse, employed to obscure the revelation that they still play cops and robbers.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The "safety training" response is a thinly veiled excuse, employed to obscure the revelation that they still play cops and robbers.

If you're talking about me, that's between me and my wife, and is none of your business.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're talking about me, that's between me and my wife, and is none of your business.

What?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?

I posted about using the el cheapo airsoft pistol to teach my wife how to use a pistol, in our apartment, without having to go to the range due to time constraints. If we play cops and robbers later on, that's none of your business.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Why hasn't this topic been moved to the AIRSOFT forum???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GantorisIV,
We have a great team.

Maybe he went on vacation.  I've sent him a few emails, but he never answers.  As good of friends as we were, I'll bet he's out of town.

You know what - he's probably off in some foreign country, doing hush-hush stuff!  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My PD looked at getting some Airsoft stuff in lieu of laying out the cash for simmunition.  In the end, we found out a couple of things:

1. No body minded getting zapped by an airsoft round.  Angry red mark, maybe a bruise.

2. Most folks were a little leery of getting tagged with a simmunition round.  Definately a nasty bruise, possible break the skin.  Esp after we told our aggressors to start shooting folks where there wasn't any body armor.  Rest of the officers started taking us seriously when we said "Wear a cup."

Further, the airsoft guns just weren't reliable and wouldn't stand-up to the punishment we put them through.

The biggest problem I see with Airsoft is a lack of formal training.  You can run around in the woods, playing make-believe all you want, it still wont make you a better tactician.  Infact, it may even in-grain some get-you-killed habits.  Aside from that, it's just a differnet version of Cowboys and Indians.  People are there to have fun and pretend.  Anyone who says they are "training" is full of crap.

In order to be "training" you have to be learning from some one who actually knows what the fuck they are doing in the first place.  Find guys with lots of Small Unit Tactics, MOUT or CQB experience under their belts, get them to come out and tell you what you are doing wrong and how to do it right, and THEN you can call it training.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GantorisIV,
We have a great team.

You know what - he's probably off in some foreign country, doing hush-hush stuff!  

He mentioned here somewhere that he was Delta - man I freaking believe it.  That would make sense as to why he's not here.  Heck, maybe he's going after OBL.

WOW - what a cool job he must have!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The point is that airsoft has absolutley ZERO PLACE ON ARFCOM. If you wish to discuss toy weapons, I suggest you go find yourself a nice airsoft forum. This is not the place for you.

Did I miss where you were crowned King of AR15.com?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I posted about using the el cheapo airsoft pistol to teach my wife how to use a pistol, in our apartment, without having to go to the range due to time constraints. If we play cops and robbers later on, that's none of your business.

So, no pics?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, DK.  SF_Chris is Delta.  Look at what he said right here on ARFCOM:

Quoted: Actally, there is one un-classified photo of me in the CAG. It is also one I gave to my friend to post on his site. It is of me and two members of my team in Panama, Operation Just Cause. I am the guy on the left. Enjoy!

We got us a real live hero posting here.

Any of you other airsofters know this guy??
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My PD looked at getting some Airsoft stuff in lieu of laying out the cash for simmunition.  In the end, we found out a couple of things:

1. No body minded getting zapped by an airsoft round.  Angry red mark, maybe a bruise.

2. Most folks were a little leery of getting tagged with a simmunition round.  Definately a nasty bruise, possible break the skin.  Esp after we told our aggressors to start shooting folks where there wasn't any body armor.  Rest of the officers started taking us seriously when we said "Wear a cup."

Further, the airsoft guns just weren't reliable and wouldn't stand-up to the punishment we put them through.

The biggest problem I see with Airsoft is a lack of formal training.  You can run around in the woods, playing make-believe all you want, it still wont make you a better tactician.  Infact, it may even in-grain some get-you-killed habits.  Aside from that, it's just a differnet version of Cowboys and Indians.  People are there to have fun and pretend.  Anyone who says they are "training" is full of crap.

In order to be "training" you have to be learning from some one who actually knows what the fuck they are doing in the first place.  Find guys with lots of Small Unit Tactics, MOUT or CQB experience under their belts, get them to come out and tell you what you are doing wrong and how to do it right, and THEN you can call it training.

Yep, well said.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I miss where you were crowned King of AR15.com?

+1 for Va_Dinger. Airsoft has zero place on ARF.com. No one named me king of AR15.com but will nominate GodblessTexas for queen of Ar15.com
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven't seen SF_chris since someone called BS on him...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]

My Airsoft Experience:

Once when I ordered a truckload of cheap survival gear for my BOB from cheaperthandirt.com, they tacked on a free airsoft pistol for ordering over $50.00 or something, and there was no freaking way to remove my free gift from my order (I clicked all over the damn page looking for a way, but I was DOOMED).  So my order came in, and it had this ghey-ass looking toy plastic pistol that had magazines you fill up with the included yellow plastic BBs.  I loaded up a mag and took some pot-shots at an empty cigarette box from across the living room - it went through the front side of the pack but failure to penetrate the 2nd (rear) layer of TABCPC (Thin-Ass Ballistic Cigarette Pack Cardboard), thus trapping the round in the empty carton.  This was amusing for about 10-15 shots, during which time I learned that even with controlled breathing and a carefully aimed shot, there was a lot of luck involved in hitting  a cigarette box from 10 feet away with the thing.  Then I decided to kick the fun up a notch, and I put the muzzle point-blank to the bare skin of my thigh (I was wearing shorts) at a distance of about 1/2" and fired.  It kinda stung, and left a nice little red mark.  I did it a second time to confirm the results, and then promptly threw the whole gun in the trash can.  The red mark was gone the next day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#21]
When I got to Fla after Germany, I had packed an air pistol in my hold baggage.  I had a shooting gallery set up in my living room.  Put a huge thick blanket up on the wall, and could sit in my chair and blast at stuff.

Maybe I need to do this again...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My Airsoft Experience:

I loaded up a mag and took some pot-shots at an empty cigarette box from across the living room - it went through the front side of the pack but failure to penetrate the 2nd (rear) layer of TABCPC (Thin-Ass Ballistic Cigarette Pack Cardboard), thus trapping the round in the empty carton.  This was amusing for about 10-15 shots, during which time I learned that even with controlled breathing and a carefully aimed shot, there was a lot of luck involved in hitting  a cigarette box from 10 feet away with the thing.  Then I decided to kick the fun up a notch, and I put the muzzle point-blank to the bare skin of my thigh (I was wearing shorts) at a distance of about 1/2" and fired.  It kinda stung, and left a nice little red mark.  I did it a second time to confirm the results, and then promptly threw the whole gun in the trash can.  The red mark was gone the next day.

Stuff like this is outstanding.
So if you dont know too much about it, all airsofts are the same and they all are single action junk. I also like how it is said that they have no training value.

They must all be owned by kids and nobody that owns an airsoft must own a real gun. Video games are kool though.

People sit here and wonder why why all the anti's think every AR and AK get more thrust per squeeze and how we can now buy full autos from street corners now that the ban is gone.

This thread shows you cant even get fellow gun owners and forum member to see that agencies and schools use it as a training tool.  They dont want to understand it so it must be all junk and just for kids.

Nobody says you have to like it, But if it is just brushed off and not understood as a training supplement or even just fun to get some exersize or check that gear you wear on the couch watching tv,  you seem to be just lumping in like the antis who think the AW's are all title 2's.

As far as it shouldnt be on GD thats insane. Anything that launches a projectile should have more of a right on a gun board GD than 99% of tha stuff that ends up in here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is what I posted on the other thread. If you care to, you can look and see some links on the subject. If not, dont its fine with me too..
-----------------------------------------------
I just did a google for a quick look see to see what goes on with airsoft as far as training goes.
I saw some reasonable articles that seem to justify it as a low cost form of CQB type training.

I agree that doing a search for a gun part and having 99 out of 100 of them coming back airsoft can be a PITA, and that 12 yr olds talking about it can be also.

I dont want to argue with you guys but it just seems weird that with all the other shit that goes on in here, you get all bent out of shape over this and think if you own an airsoft you dont own a real gun or you are a fag.

I dont care if SGT uses his dolls to express his humor or that guys like vid games over paintball or airsoft. To each his own but I dont think the whole airsoft concept should be looked at it the way it is.

Even paintball guns are being deployed using pepper balls for Christs sakes.

If it has a tactical value whether vid games (better reaction times), MILES (laser tag), Simunitions ( my fav but not avail to everyone), Airsoft or paintball you should let them have at it to try and use what is available to them to try and better them selves in the shooting arena.

I have to take what alot of you guys say with a grain of salt. It wasn't too long ago that a bunch of you posted you would have killed the lost retarded guy because he walked into the wrong house...

Here are the airsoft related training links I saw when I did a quick google:

www.policemag.com/t_cipick.cfm?rank=90274
njlawman.com/Feature%20Pieces/Force%20on%20Force.htm
www.valhallatraining.com/training.asp
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_8_48/ai_87564349
www.sanjuanbasintechschool.org/CSEC/tactems.htm
www.krtraining.com/KRTraining/Classes/AirsoftFOF.html
thekillhouse.com/aitr.html
www.airsoftpolice.com/port.htm
www.suarezinternational.com/crgunfighting2.html
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
...The biggest problem I see with Airsoft is a lack of formal training.  You can run around in the woods, playing make-believe all you want, it still wont make you a better tactician.  Infact, it may even in-grain some get-you-killed habits.  Aside from that, it's just a differnet version of Cowboys and Indians.  People are there to have fun and pretend.  Anyone who says they are "training" is full of crap.

I couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Here is what I posted on the other thread. If you care to, you can look and see some links on the subject. If not, dont its fine with me too..
-----------------------------------------------
I just did a google for a quick look see to see what goes on with airsoft as far as training goes.
I saw some reasonable articles that seem to justify it as a low cost form of CQB type training.

I agree that doing a search for a gun part and having 99 out of 100 of them coming back airsoft can be a PITA, and that 12 yr olds talking about it can be also.

I dont want to argue with you guys but it just seems weird that with all the other shit that goes on in here, you get all bent out of shape over this and think if you own an airsoft you dont own a real gun or you are a fag.

I dont care if SGT uses his dolls to express his humor or that guys like vid games over paintball or airsoft. To each his own but I dont think the whole airsoft concept should be looked at it the way it is.

Even paintball guns are being deployed using pepper balls for Christs sakes.

If it has a tactical value whether vid games (better reaction times), MILES (laser tag), Simunitions ( my fav but not avail to everyone), Airsoft or paintball you should let them have at it to try and use what is available to them to try and better them selves in the shooting arena.

I have to take what alot of you guys say with a grain of salt. It wasn't too long ago that a bunch of you posted you would have killed the lost retarded guy because he walked into the wrong house...

Here are the airsoft related training links I saw when I did a quick google:

www.policemag.com/t_cipick.cfm?rank=90274
njlawman.com/Feature%20Pieces/Force%20on%20Force.htm
www.valhallatraining.com/training.asp
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_8_48/ai_87564349
www.sanjuanbasintechschool.org/CSEC/tactems.htm
www.krtraining.com/KRTraining/Classes/AirsoftFOF.html
thekillhouse.com/aitr.html
www.airsoftpolice.com/port.htm
www.suarezinternational.com/crgunfighting2.html

Mostly, it seems to me that it is the casual/recreational Airsofters vs the Rest of the Forum.  I.E. These guys say that running around in the woods playing Navy SEAL is training, which it isn't.  I don't think most people on this board would deny that airsoft has practical training applications, just that it is not the best choice and further, worthless, unless someone is actually teaching those armchair commandos how NOT to get killed.

As I said before, we evaluated Airsoft and found it lacking.  I haven't heard of most of those training schools, except for Suarez.  I trained with him, and IMHO, he's a fruitloop.

The simple fact is that airsoft doesn't provide enough negative reinforcement for getting shot.  Getting shot in a training scenario needs to hurt and hurt bad, enough for the operator to stop and say..."Shit, that hurt. I'm not doing that again."
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Getting shot in a training scenario needs to hurt and hurt bad, enough for the operator to stop and say..."Shit, that hurt. I'm not doing that again."

Now that is the smartest thing I've read all day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#28]
um, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

i have a BUSHMASTER xm-15a2
remington .308 and 30.06

just wait till i'm 21

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Mostly, it seems to me that it is the casual/recreational Airsofters vs the Rest of the Forum.  I.E. These guys say that running around in the woods playing Navy SEAL is training, which it isn't.  I don't think most people on this board would deny that airsoft has practical training applications, just that it is not the best choice and further, worthless, unless someone is actually teaching those armchair commandos how NOT to get killed.

As I said before, we evaluated Airsoft and found it lacking.  I haven't heard of most of those training schools, except for Suarez.  I trained with him, and IMHO, he's a fruitloop.

The simple fact is that airsoft doesn't provide enough negative reinforcement for getting shot.  Getting shot in a training scenario needs to hurt and hurt bad, enough for the operator to stop and say..."Shit, that hurt. I'm not doing that again."

First let me say that although I respect your opinion, I disagree on some points..

Its not all junk guns and little kids and super Seal Delta Green hat wannabee's. Ant sport as well as real guns has its share of goobers or kids in it.
I  agree that Simunitions are better but not available to all.

I dont know of the schools either, but as I stated, it was what I found doing a quick search and found some agencies that seem to be getting use out of it.

Your last statement forces me to add a 6mm bb at 350 and 400 FPS does sting, can draw blood and leave welts and scarring. I think it is good for CQB but not great for open areas.

I tried to find some good facts on Sims but am coming up dry. Maybe someone will have better luck to post facts on size, range and FPS.
What I did seem to notice is most are at or under 400 FPS.

I dont 100% agree with the pain compliance of it but do see your point. Even if playing baseball, if you strike out , even without being hit by the pitcher to show the pain, I still failed. If I am hit with a bb, paintball or sim, I failed and that is enough for me to not want to make the same mistake twice.

This would also say that MILES is worthless as it doesn't do anything but beep. I dont agree with that.

Whether sim or airsoft, neither can teach you the diff between cover and concealment. A hollow wooden door will stop both.

I also think that someone who used a projectile shooting device in a kill house and at the same time had his range time in with real weapons would have an advantage over the guys that go to the range standing still shooting at stationary paper targets.

I like the three gun matches and the like and would be interested in doing it if it was in my are as another supplement  to training but even then I wonder if you would get more out of having a moving target returning fire. Speed reloading and reloading under fire while taking fire wouldn't be the same either.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
um, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

i have a BUSHMASTER xm-15a2
remington .308 and 30.06

just wait till i'm 21

HA!
It seems everyone thinks you cant do the ARFCOM standard and have both..

Why cant you have a real gun if you own a paintball or airsoft gun?
Hell, I thought here, That you could take on the world with the trusty 10/22 and .38....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Please knock off the trolling and insults.  Anyone who is not a fan of Airsoft toys is free to avoid threads of this type.  Personal attacks violate the Conduct Code--Airsoft threads do not.  

Then the 'Conduct Code' desperately needs a re-write.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

First let me say that although I respect your opinion, I disagree on some points..

Its not all junk guns and little kids and super Seal Delta Green hat wannabee's. Ant sport as well as real guns has its share of goobers or kids in it.
I  agree that Simunitions are better but not available to all.

I dont know of the schools either, but as I stated, it was what I found doing a quick search and found some agencies that seem to be getting use out of it.

Your last statement forces me to add a 6mm bb at 350 and 400 FPS does sting, can draw blood and leave welts and scarring. I think it is good for CQB but not great for open areas.

I tried to find some good facts on Sims but am coming up dry. Maybe someone will have better luck to post facts on size, range and FPS.
What I did seem to notice is most are at or under 400 FPS.

I dont 100% agree with the pain compliance of it but do see your point. Even if playing baseball, if you strike out , even without being hit by the pitcher to show the pain, I still failed. If I am hit with a bb, paintball or sim, I failed and that is enough for me to not want to make the same mistake twice.

This would also say that MILES is worthless as it doesn't do anything but beep. I dont agree with that.

Whether sim or airsoft, neither can teach you the diff between cover and concealment. A hollow wooden door will stop both.

I also think that someone who used a projectile shooting device in a kill house and at the same time had his range time in with real weapons would have an advantage over the guys that go to the range standing still shooting at stationary paper targets.

I like the three gun matches and the like and would be interested in doing it if it was in my are as another supplement  to training but even then I wonder if you would get more out of having a moving target returning fire. Speed reloading and reloading under fire while taking fire wouldn't be the same either.

Well, having been shot with Airsoft, and then again with simmunitions (numerous times, I might add) I can tell you for certain that Simmunitions hurt a hell of a lot more than airsoft.

I never said that Airsoft didn't have any merits, just that the arguements put forth by the casual Airsofters didn't hold water, vis-a-vis it being training.  You can't be "training" unless there is some who actuallys knows what they are doing there to teach you.

As far as the negative reinforcement/pain issue...I've trained with miles gear.  It's fairly lame.  However, it is more practical than running around going "bang, you're dead!".  Miles gear doesn't give you a real sense of danger.  Further, it's the military, so you have lots of guys with actual experience telling you what you did wrong and how many of your buddies you just got killed.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to take it upon yourself to go get some actual training and then apply it to your airsoft matches, by all means have at it.  That could be an excellent way for civillians to apply real world training and tactics.  I think that it would pretty much require that lots of folks in said airsoft club go out and get the training though, and continue to recieve training with LIVE firearms on a rountine basis and then apply the lessons learned in airsoft.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Now, on the other hand, if you want to take it upon yourself to go get some actual training and then apply it to your airsoft matches, by all means have at it.  That could be an excellent way for civillians to apply real world training and tactics.  I think that it would pretty much require that lots of folks in said airsoft club go out and get the training though, and continue to recieve training with LIVE firearms on a rountine basis and then apply the lessons learned in airsoft.

I agree with this.  It seems that most dont understand that more than just kids are into it.
Ive seen plenty of Former and active Mil, PD, and SRT guys who do this as well as regular joes, posers, asshole and tards. I guess its like a gunshow,or the local bar, they are everywhere i this world but  in mil sim games you can shoot the annoying ones..

I can even see it for people who just do it for fun. I bet a bunch of the guys knocking it can run up stairs real fast on the X-box, but in real life couldnt run a mile..

And again for the guys posting who seem its one or another. I dont think it is better than sims or better than a real weapon. I just see training potential in it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I tried guys... www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=286529 ... I really did.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't like airsoft, but my little cousin did shoot me on my forearm from about 3ft away and it drew a little blood, but didnt really sting much. I'd rather spend the money on the real thing, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I tried guys... www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=286529 ... I tried.

Awe come on... Having the name Patriot, I would think you would be more for peoples rights than being against it because  it isnt the most popular view. This is not meant as an attack on you, it just surprises me.

Its like a thread about Chubby BOTD or what gross habits do you have.
If it doesn't appeal to you, you dont have to click on it.

If a guy posted "How do I change an airsoft M4 barrel" on the maintenance section I could see it not being tolerated but this seems no diff than the antis saying I dont think you should have it even when they dont know much about it.

Im not an airsoft kid and am not trying to come off as one, I just see a debate that caught my interest and I would like to share my point of view.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Please stop equating anti-airsoft-ism with anti-2nd-amendment-ism.  They're not even remotely comparable.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Please stop equating anti-airsoft-ism with anti-2nd-amendment-ism.  They're not even remotely comparable.

I disagree.  I think making a comparison to something guys here can relate to might make it more understandable.

Sammy shotgun hunter boy may say that we shouldnt have what we do (AR's, AK's). Most people againts it dont know much about it. Seems like the samee thing here.

Single shot shitty airsoft guns, the token weirdos and 12 yr olds do not represent all that can be done with airsoft guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#39]
just thought id mention this. I noticed a lot of people saying "join the military, enjoy the real thing!"  The thing is is that most people that do this or similar do it for fun and a hobby. a lot of people want the fun of it without all of the other crap. Thats why I own real tactical weapons but am not in the military.

I dont want the extra training for sexual harrassment, how to wear the uniform, march and face, honor courage commitment yadda yadda yadda and then be sent away from my family and job to a place from where I might not return.

So instead I just load up my guns, go to the range and do with my my stuff what I want to the way I see fit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
just thought id mention this. I noticed a lot of people saying "join the military, enjoy the real thing!"  The thing is is that most people that do this or similar do it for fun and a hobby. a lot of people want the fun of it without all of the other crap. Thats why I own real tactical weapons but am not in the military.

I dont want the extra training for sexual harrassment, how to wear the uniform, march and face, honor courage commitment yadda yadda yadda and then be sent away from my family and job to a place from where I might not return.

So instead I just load up my guns, go to the range and do with my my stuff what I want to the way I see fit.

So....essentially, you're afraid to fight for your country?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Lockem, you're really not doing the reputation of Airsofters any favors by posting what you did.

In fact, you are coming across like a punk, an ingrate, and a coward.

Next time, you might actually want to think before you post.

... for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree.  I think making a comparison to something guys here can relate to might make it more understandable.

Sammy shotgun hunter boy may say that we shouldnt have what we do (AR's, AK's). Most people againts it dont know much about it. Seems like the samee thing here.

Single shot shitty airsoft guns, the token weirdos and 12 yr olds do not represent all that can be done with airsoft guns.

"Most people against it don't know much about it" is probably a true statement, but that hardly qualifies as a good reason to compare the plight of airsoft players being harassed on a message board to the 2nd ammendment issue.  The 2nd ammendment battle is about the real rights of real people to possess real firearms that have a real impact on reality.  What we're discussing here is some people's right to post on a message board on the internet about fake guns that shoot plastic BBs without being verbally harassed for it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess so. I have an airsoft bed and do some hardcore shit there man. I make command decisions from the top that affect everyone all the way down. I can destroy an ass in that bed. Enemy OOC.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Airsoft = selfself BS.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn!!!  I meant me and the chickin'.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I never said airsoft was a good form of training, I never said it had any use other than being fun.

You guys jump all over me, just because my secondary hobby is airsoft.

I always see guys here that say democrats are only tolerant when you agree with them.  You guys are no different.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I never said airsoft was a good form of training, I never said it had any use other than being fun.

You guys jump all over me, just because my secondary hobby is airsoft.

I always see guys here that say democrats are only tolerant when you agree with them.  You guys are no different.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#48]
If you go play paintball and expect it to be realistic then your a fucking idiot to begin with.  I go every now and then.  It's pretty fun if you can pull the stick out of your ass and stop worrying about real combat scenarios and such.  It's really not that expensive.  It costs about $30 for 1000 paintballs and $2 for a CO2 refill.  It used to cost more.  Just try to borrow a friends gun if you don't have your own because rentals are usually horrible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Airsoft...geez..why do people even try to justify it?  Just come out and say that you're gay, you wave the rainbow flag, and you're an airsofter.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Two things every real man outa be able to claim:

1. I've never been in a gay bar.

2. I've never posted in an airsoft thread.
Aw shit... .
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top