BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.t-shirtsthatsuck.com/scstore/graphics/menrpigs.jpg[/img]

Oink oink!  

Some are just cleaner pigs than others.  My personal favorite is the gal who say she's dating a guy who's "different" after two dates.  Or the man who claims he's not a pig.  Get a clue!!!! Men have some quite natural instincts, although many can control them...if they want to.
Oh, and I'm a pig.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
A man was walking along Huntington Beach at sunset and stubbed his toe on a corroded hunk of brass. When he pulled it out of the sand, he found that it was some kind of ship's lamp or something, and when he rubbed some of the green gunk off of it, a genie appeared.

"For releasing me from that bottle, I'll grant any one wish you have," said the genie.

"Well," said the man, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I'm afraid to fly. I'd like to have a bridge from here to Hawaii of my very own."

The genie rolled his eyes and explained, "Do you know how far that would be, and how much concrete that would take? Just to sink the pylons to the ocean floor alone! And starting from California, how hard it would be to get the permits? Besides, you couldn't drive straight there, so gas stations and hotels would have to be built along the way. Think of anything else, really. Anything but that."

The man thought about it for a moment and said, "I've always wanted to understand women. They talk, but the words coming out of their mouths never seem to mean what they seem to mean. They ask questions they don't want the answers to. Could you make it so no matter how women act or what they say, I know what they really mean and what they really want?"

"Did you want that bridge to be one lane in each direction or two?" asked the genie.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone have a line where flirting crosses into a come on. For some guys, that line is crossed pretty easily, which is why you have to pay attention to his actions and signals.

For me flirting is generally relatively innocent conversation with maybe physical contact around the arm. There's nothing overly suggestive and it's just fun. Everyone likes attention from the opposite sex, that's just the way it is. Flirting is like social practice for actual pick ups.

Glock, what do you do when you flirt? You might want to watch his actions next time you flirt. Watch when you cross the line.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If Ms. Manglum truly was interested in every man she flirted with at the BRC she needs therapy.[whacko]
View Quote

That was kind of my point.... I am a HUGE flirt.  But I'm upfront about it just being flirting... and if someone does take it the wrong way, I set them straight without hesitation.    

If I'm truly interested in a guy, there is no mistaking it.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Dude........You are gonna pay for that one if (they) see it.

It sure is hard to type while LMAO

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, nobody has tried it yet, so I'll play Imbroglio.

Glock-Chic:  I am a senstive and caring southern man.  I like long walks on the beach and cuddling at night.  I love buying flowers for a good woman and cooking her dinner.  I feel that sex should only be had after you have gotten to know someone and their true inside.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A man was walking along Huntington Beach at sunset and stubbed his toe on a corroded hunk of brass...
View Quote

[b]That,[/b] sir, was seriously funny. Thank you. [:D]

But back to the point, trying to discuss the finer details of inter-sexual relationships is almost as difficult as trying to convince me that a Glock is a decent handgun...
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
As a practicing student of LEYKIS 101, I refuse to let a woman's flirting affect me. I usually figure it's an act because she wants something- sometimes just attention, sometimes some type of hero to save her. I can do without drama in my life, and try to hang out with real people who don't screw with peoples emotions just to feel OK about themselves. If you can't get my attention by being yourself, acting isn't going to fix it...
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the following quote by comedian Larry Miller sums it up nicely:

"Women say they have sexual thoughts too. They have no idea. It's the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it. If they knew what we were really thinking, they'd [b]never[/b] stop slapping us."
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Only to the weaker sex. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note ... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us bitching about you leaving it down.

1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that last for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine.  Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes. You have too many shoes.

1. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together.  No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

1. BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

1. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock-chic,

Sweety you are fooling yourself with your delusions of grandeur.

But since we have something you men crave we can get away with most anything. And sorry but we know that and always remember it.
View Quote

I believe the vast majority of women "crave" a man as well.

It is very obvious that your are a man hater.(or a man)

[devil]

Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL!

I'm gonna' print that list out and send it to my wife.

Anonymously.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It is very obvious that your are a man hater.(or a man)
View Quote

Agreed.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:06:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys generally have to work to keep the little head from doing the thinking for the big head. That's why I gave mine a name. .
View Quote

1. Way more info than I needed.

2. Call me silly, but I fail to see the logical connection between the sentence[i]Guys generally have to work to keep the little head from doing the thinking for the big head.[/i]

and the sentence[i]That's why I gave mine a name.[/i]

Sorry, but WTF is the logic in these two sentences?
View Quote

Oh man! I burst out laughing on that one! Almost had Coke on my keyboard

Quoted:
Are you coming on to me??
View Quote

LMAO!!!

Quoted:
Once people stop saying things like "all men are pigs" and "all women are worthless bitches" and reach the enlightened conclusion that [b]the entire human race is filth[/b], it becomes much easier to understand why people act the way they do.

---SinistralRifleman, shithouse philosopher.
View Quote

You hit the mark on that one SR!

Quoted:

"Did you want that bridge to be one lane in each direction or two?" asked the genie.
View Quote

That was good! [:D]

Back to the original post: Are most men pigs? Yes. There are a few, like me, who know how to treat a lady. Yet how do we end up? Lonely. Problem is women may complain about the men they have, but the get what they deserve.
Previously, if I women flirted with me, I used to think she liked me. Now, I just think, she either wants something or she is just being friendly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#17]
One time a girl was crying and yelling at me, so I started backing away slowly, and then she yelled, "Why won't you just hug me?!"

And now on this thread a girl is saying I'm an idiot if I take flirtation as an invitation.

And that is all I know about that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:08:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My question is to all the men out there; When a good looking woman shows you attention and is flirtatious, do you assume she wants you?
View Quote

There's only one way to find out...flirt back and see where it goes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I work in a predominately male atmosphere, so I see and hear more than I would like to know. My question is to all the men out there; When a good looking woman shows you attention and is flirtatious, do you assume she wants you?
View Quote
Unless a male has a problem with self-esteem, YES.
A male friend of mine has this theory that I give the wrong impression to men. I am just being nice and having fun. I can't help it if men are this simple, or is this guy just an idiot?
View Quote
Yes.  Men ARE that simple.

That doesn't make us pigs, though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Well Glock Chic

You can interpret men as being pigs.  Deep inside, there is one motivation that drives us, but it's only natural.  Sometimes it's hard to repress that when there's an attractive woman being flirtatious with us.  

For the most part of my young adult life, I've been kinda dense... after I got out of Highschool, my buddy just had to tell me about all these girls that liked me, but that I was too dense to see it.  Now I can tell when a girl is flirting a little (and that doesn't happen very much to me... situational consequence, not because I'm some ugly slob [;)] ), but I rarely act on it.  I'll be nice and polite.  I hold doors open for women and 'gentlemanly' stuff like that, but have come to the resolve that noone wants anything more from me.  :)

I agree with Kbaker... pretty much most of us are quite simple.  But it doesn't really make us pigs.  [;)]

M@
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
.............having fun.
View Quote
Yes, at the expense of other people's feelings.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't mean to come across as flirting. I grew up a yankee and now I live in the South. There was nothing wrong with my personality until I started living around rednecks. I also can't help but smile alot and I have been told when I smile at what a man says it looks like I am in love with what he is saying. I don't do that on purpose.
View Quote
Gee, you are doing real well.  First, all men are pigs and now Southerners are rednecks and you wonder why you can't get along.  You think you can do a little more name calling?  As has been said before, yankee go home.  You see, down here, we take things as face value, ie, flirting equals interest.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We can be very unreal at times. But since we have something you men crave we can get away with most anything. And sorry but we know that and always remember it.
View Quote
You say men are pigs?????????????????????
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#24]
It really kind of pisses me off to hear women talking like that giving all men the "pig" label. That's about as dumb as men labeling all women as "insert favorite derogatory word here"

It's actually very simple, if women don't want men to look at them and appreciate what they see DON'T DRESS UP!!! If you add up the time a women puts into one outfit counting shopping trying it on choosing it out of closet and putting on makeup, it likely to be several hours per outfit. Do you want us to ignore the results or do you want to be apreciated. I'm sorry but we won't walk up and politely say you look lovely today(we can't its just not us) we will however, stare, smile, wink, drool, whistle, etc.etc. Live with it or become a nun.

P.S. Becoming a lesbian won't help, thats just like showing a dog a jucy bone and not letting him have it, he just want's it more.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Flirting:  "Attention without intention."
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#26]
"The only difference between the women I've dated and Charles Manson is that Manson has the decency to look like a nutcase when you first meet him."
--Richard Jeni
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Women should just be very careful, because there is a guy for every women that will have her begging and will eventually reverse this battle. That is the man she will marry...

That is the whole point of flirting if they are single.

Girl Flirts
Guy mentally says Kiss off,
Girl becomes even more driven to perform,
Girl says something eventually, and BOOOOM!!
Guy walks aways with all the chips and the girl to boot.... The ultimate mouse trap..

All the Guy has to do is make sure she is the best he can do!!

Ben
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#28]
They're all pigz...   Except us old guys...[;)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I feel that I am more of a dog than a pig.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#30]
There are plenty of Alpha Males around here Glock-chic so just pick.

Having said that, "Color me gone."

Ben
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes, almost all men are pigs.  If they aren't there are three reasons:

1)  They're masters of deceit/control of normal manly urges.

2)  They're gay.

3)  They're actually just nice guys (very rare and usually raised with lots of older sisters) WARNING - very difficult to distinguish from #2

I had a friend that fit in the #3 category and he always got shit on by the girls/women he dated.  It always seemed like the guys that were the biggest jerks got the hotties and dumped them.

Women suck... (at least they're good for something) OINK OINK

(edited to say three reasons, brain work faster than keyboard... mmm... donuts...)
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#32]
[:k]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Face it.......you posted this because you are looking to carry on a relationship via AR15.com......basically you want attention.

Women flirt because they like to use the gift of sex to their advantage.  And they enjoy it, they enjoy the power it gives them.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes, almost all men are pigs.  If they aren't there are two reasons:

1)  They're masters of deceit/control of normal manly urges.

2)  They're gay.

3)  They're actually just nice guys (very rare and usually raised with lots of older sisters) WARNING - very difficult to distinguish from #2

I had a friend that fit in the #3 category and he always got shit on by the girls/women he dated.  It always seemed like the guys that were the biggest jerks got the hotties and dumped them.

Women suck... (at least they're good for something) OINK OINK
View Quote

Slacko, you're right about the #3 type of guy.  I'm one of them.  I'm thru being walked on.  Thru being too damn nice.  I'll still stick to my manners, but I won't put up with being walked on anymore.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#35]
This is EXACTLY why I never respond to flirting. Nine times out of ten it's completely innocent or just a part of some silly game. If a woman is really interested in me, and can't just come out an say it, then she's not the woman for me. I appreciate such qualities as directness and honesty. Hell, if I really liked a woman, I would simply tell her that I did.

Originally Posted By RangemasterD
It's actually very simple, if women don't want men to look at them and appreciate what they see DON'T DRESS UP!!! If you add up the time a women puts into one outfit counting shopping trying it on choosing it out of closet and putting on makeup, it likely to be several hours per outfit. Do you want us to ignore the results or do you want to be apreciated. I'm sorry but we won't walk up and politely say you look lovely today(we can't its just not us) we will however, stare, smile, wink, drool, whistle, etc.etc. Live with it or become a nun.
View Quote

I'm reminded of what a friend of mine told me. A new female employee was hired into one of the more male dominated departments of his previous place of work. She was rather attractive, and dressed to show it...still professional, but the whole deal, short skirt, tight blouses, intricate makeup, etc. Well, of course, the guys would look at her. Nothing inappropriate, not words or gestures or contact, just looking. Well, she walks in to her managers office and says she's very upset and considering a sexual harassment suit against the company. She felt very offended by people staring at her. A notice re-emphasizing the rules of conduct was sent to all employees, and word got around of what happened. From that point on, none of the employees would look at her. They'd turn themselves to the side when passing her in the hall, look at the floor when speaking to her, etc. The guy with a cubicle next to her went so far as to use large Post-It notes on the sides of his glasses as blinders. Needless to say she complained again. If she couldn't handle it, she shouldn't have worn skirts that went over an inch above the knee...or tight shirts to show off her 'assets'.

And be careful what you say. 'you look lovely' can be grounds for harassment. Another friend of mine strictly uses the phrase 'you are looking very professional today' EVERY time a woman he works with asks him how she looks. It's gotten that far in some places....

glock-chic - just for the record, since I don't recall it being said, what EXACTLY do you mean by 'showing attention and is flirtatious'? Just smiling brightly to someone you're in contact due to work issue is a far cry from going out of your way to show your charms to someone.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Nope, I try hard not to snort.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#37]

I wish I had that answer about women,I would be rich. I suggest you just deal with us the best way possible. We can be very unreal at times. But since we have something you men crave we can get away with most anything. And sorry but we know that and always remember it.
View Quote

Not all men are pigs.  I for example, am a dog.

Ahem...men do have the ability to turn that table back on you.  You just hafta be reeeeeal goooood.  I also have good luck with my patented "hey if you EVER want to leave or want to screw around...don't waste any of my time, go right ahead and just don't let the door hit you in the ass!"

Like my mom said...there are a million fish in the sea.  And she was 100% right.  Don't forget it.  It's hard to hold any leverage on a man who has figured out this little truth.  Sure some women are better than others, and there are some real crazies.  But any man who gets so hung up on a girl like you (most of them) that he can't move on instantly, is an idiot.

Now, being married is different....I finally had to quit telling my wife that "if she didn't like it, leave" though.  That really helped a lot in terms of how we get along. [spank]

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I think my wife of 8 years is still the hottest thing I've seen. I must admit that when she smiles and acts friendly to me, I still turn into a "pig". oink oink...suuuuwweeee! Cut the guys some slack.  There's nothing wrong with a guy getting a little weak in the knees when an attractive woman shows a guy what he feels to be some sort of interest. It's in our genes (not jeans), no pun intended.
Ugh...fire..hot...girl..yummy!  Getting aggressive with a woman, that's a different story, with no excuses.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My question is to all the men out there; When a good looking woman shows you attention and is flirtatious, do you assume she wants you?
View Quote

First I would have to see a picture of you to be able to tell if you are "Good Looking" or not.

What kind of attention are you showing men?

Only after you have answered these questions can the truth be known.

Big(BeautyIsSkinDeep...UglyGoesCleanToTheBone!)Dozer66
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Face it.......you posted this because you are looking to carry on a relationship via AR15.com......basically you want attention.

Women flirt because they like to use the gift of sex to their advantage.  And they enjoy it, they enjoy the power it gives them.

Sgtar15
View Quote

How do we know that your REALLY a woman glock-chic?[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Robert Duvall, as Oberst Radl in "The Eagle Has Landed," said it best:

"A wink from a pretty girl at a party rarely results in climax, Karl, but a man is a fool not to push the suggestion as far as it will go."
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Why are you people so bitter? I don't assume anything about flirting. It's just friendly conversation with a bit of spice sprinkled on top. It's like seasoning to bland food. Flirting makes an otherwise boring situation fun. Besides, it's a nice ego booster, most people like receiving attention from the opposite sex.

If you don't like flirting, then don't flirt. If other people flirt, just point it out to them that you don't like their behavior and if they're reasonable they'd stop. Just read what you're posting here for a minute people, you're suggesting that women shouldn't flirt if they don't have genuine interest. Or don't wear revealing clothes if they don't want attention. Imagine what would happen if women stopped wearing revealing clothing. Is that something you really want? Women should be able to wear whatever they want, and I should be able to stare if I feel like it. What are they going to do, sue me for staring? Oh what legal basis would that stand? I wouldn't be surprised if she gets laughed out of court.

Personally, I like flirting. Even if a girl is interested in me, I'd hate it if she's too direct. I mean think about it, would you rather a girl come up to you and be like Seven of Nine,

Mr. xxxxx, your attention please. I request your presence at xxxx at xxxx hours. You are to dress in xxxx and xxxx. This is to be considered a date, number 1. We may initiate social contact. As you were.
View Quote

[b]OR behave like a normal girl[/b]

Hey, xxxxx (your first or nickname), (bats eyes, touch your arm, lick lips, etc.). Then you're like hey, xxxx, do you like xxxx. She's like yeah, how did you know? You're like, just a lucky guess (or some other bs), I know this great place for xxxx (insert earlier item), would you like to go with me sometime? She's like yeah, sure. You're like how about xxxx? She's like That'll be great.

Think about it, not being direct adds some challenge and mystery to the game. That's generally a good thing as it spices things up. For important matters I'd agree directness is good, but for stuff like flirting and initiating social contact I think a bit of mystery is cool.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#43]
JZ02, Your a virgin aren't you??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo!
View Quote

Glock-chic appeared when there were a bunch of [newbie] threads.  A [:K] picked up on the idea.  This thread has turned out to be pretty good, considering the author.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes, I believe men are that simple.  If you flirted with me I would assume you liked me.  Men don't require women to go through the pain and torture of making us happy like we have to do for them.  To please us is fairly easy,(this doesn't exclusively mean sex), just be interested even if your not, and let us buy the things we want.  I'm married so I've seen the womans crazy unpredictable mood swings and quirks that make them what they are.  If you have any ideas of why women are so complicated please let me and the other guys here know as were all trying to improve.

Iknow why.Their brain and their ass is connected.
[;D]
AB

And don't tell me women are not complicated, because in the inside your all just a big mess.
Bill3508  [flame]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Speaking for myself, mostly, but generalizing somewhat based on what I know at the tender age of 25, I would say this:

Men spend alot of time doing various things to try to get sex.  These things can be very indirect, such as trimming a beard or your hair just a little differently, or trying to figure out ahead of time exactly what to say to the girl next door, etc.  But the end GOAL of alot of what men do is trying to get sex, and they keep that in mind constantly.  We don't have a choice, its there in our mind.  

My point is, picture a man and a woman both doing their hair in the morning.  The woman may take alot longer to do her hair and makeup, etc., but why?  Is it necessarily because she wants to bring a man home with her that night?  If not, then why bother looking so pretty?  As a man, I can't answer this question.  But I know from the man's point of view, when he does his hair in the morning, he may not think this line of thought all the way through, but the ONE line of thought IS, "I've got to get myself looking good enough that my girlfiend/wife/girl next-door-who-I'm-afraid-to-ask-out may want to come home with me, if not today, then tomorrow or the next day, and have sex."  

I'm not an expert on psychology, I've been going out with the same girl for 4 years and I still don't trust either one of us enough to get married, so I'm not giving anyone advice here.  But if you take what I just wrote at face value, I think you would find yourself flirting a lot less often.  We don't need you to flirt to think about sex.  We don't even need a woman in front of us to look at to think about sex.  A random thought about the unique shape of a woman's ass has intruded upon my mind even as I have been writing this, but I'm used to that.  Did you think about a man's body while you read this?  

What is that joke about how to get a woman, and how to get a man?  

To get a woman: pamper her, shower her with gifts, put her on a pedestal, ignore all other women (sometimes all other people) in favor of her, agree with what she says, tell her what she wants to hear, and maybe, just maybe, she'll let you have your way with her.

To get a man:  show up naked.  Bring food.

Another thing to keep in mind.  In Bulgaria they say "A woman loves with her ears.  A man loves with his eyes."  When you flirt, are you using your ears or your eyes?  Now, pay CLOSE attention to the man you are flirting with... is he using his ears or his eyes?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Branson brings up a great point: hot naked chicks.

Why do men do [b]anything[/b] we don't want to do? Hot naked chicks.

Why do we shave? Why do we wear pants? Why do we trim our nose hairs? Why do we get jobs and move out of our parents' houses? Why do we learn to play guitar? Why do we chew with our mouths closed? Why do we wash our cars? Why do we buy cars in the first place? Why do we listen to women talk about their feelings? Why do we start small companies in our parents' garages that eventually become monopolizing collossi bestriding the software world?

[b][green][size=5]Hot Naked Chicks[/size=5][/green][/b]

If we didn't think it would assist in the effort to get hot naked chicks, or at least to get hot chicks naked, it wouldn't happen. There just wouldn't be any damned point to it. But as long as there is a chance that it will aid in the cause, we'll give it a shot.

I mean, why the hell do you think so many Bowflex machines and double-pleated Dockers get bought in this country? If it weren't for the possibility of hot naked chicks, I (and I suspect most of the men on this board) would't ever wear anything other than cut off BDU shorts and ratty Hoppe's-stained tee shirts. Do you think men buy little $50 bottles of smelly colored methyl alcohol from the hot chicks at the Nordstrom's cologne counter because [b]we[/b] like it? BWAhahahahahahahahahaha! [b]NOT![/b]

A flirt to us is an indication that we're onto something, that one of the decisions or purchases we've made is a step in the right direction. We figure, if we play our cards right and don't seriously step on our crank, we might get a chance at the holy grail: Hot naked chicks, or at least [b]a[/b] hot naked chick.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#49]
From Matt Groening:
"Men are stupid. Women are crazy."

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs:
At a low level, women are sex objects, and men are success objects.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It really kind of pisses me off to hear women talking like that giving all men the "pig" label. That's about as dumb as men labeling all women as "insert favorite derogatory word here"

P.S. Becoming a lesbian won't help, thats just like showing a dog a jucy bone and not letting him have it, he just want's it more.
View Quote

First of all I am not saying all men are pigs, second of all where I live the people here are proud to be rednecks. I did however want to get an idea of how men think. And as far as the dressing up thing goes, that doesn't apply to all. I can roll out of bed and go to the store and I would still get harassed by men. So I do not bring it all on. I wouldn't even consider my behavior flirting, but apparently others do. Let me ask this, if an ugly, "non perfect" woman was flirting would you guys not even pay attention?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top