User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can see the utility of the idea, but at the same time.......I'm not so into the concept to pay what they are asking.  I'd like texts and such on my wrist (less "insulting" to see if something is important that way), but again.....cost>benefit (IMHO)
View Quote

What's funny to me is that the smartphone fanboys I know tell me that I shouldn't wear a watch (not "don't need to" but "shouldn't") because I already carry a phone.

Not a dig at you, just a dig at the fanboys-I totally agree with your line of thinking.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
People will still buy it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Apple Watch Screen Problems - Owner Complaints

Same.  I have scratched the face of my Apple Watch Sport this morning somehow.  The scratch was not there when I put on the device 3 hours ago and now there is a scratch in the top right corner.

Same with mine. Doesn't make any sense. It's driving me crazy just trying to understand what made the scratches.

My Apple Watch Sport scratched in less than 12 hours of use, and I did NO damage to it.

I have worn my Apple Sport Watch for all of 2 days.  By the end of Day 1, I already had several scratches on the face, including a deep one that goes diagonally across most of the face, right smack in the middle.  I have treated the watch with kid gloves, wearing it only during the day, and putting it in the case at night.

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-28164729-564131/IMG_4282.JPG

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7015269

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-28165146-564135/1200-900/image.jpg

<meh> That'll buff out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Weird...I have 3 WWII era watches, a 1958 Omega, and a 1974 Benrus Type 1 Class A. They will outlive me, and still be going when these fucking Apple toys will have long been in a landfill.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Don't even worry about it...Apple is pissing on itself.  Without Jobs they are fucked, directionless, and done apparently.  LOL!

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't even worry about it...Apple is pissing on itself.  Without Jobs they are fucked, directionless, and done apparently.  LOL!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nah, they would have to fuck up on an epic proportion to keep people buying an iWhatever.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
With regard to scratch issues, I believe (and I may well be wrong or misunderstanding) that one has to buy an upscale version Apple Watch to get the sapphire crystal and ceramic based case in order to lessen the likelihood of scratches, just like other brands of watches.

In any case, I wish all the best with their purchases.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

With regard to scratch issues, I believe (and I may well be wrong or misunderstanding) that one has to buy an upscale version Apple Watch to get the sapphire crystal and ceramic based case in order to lessen the likelihood of scratches, just like other brands of watches.

In any case, I wish all the best with their purchases.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
View Quote

The one I posted that was all scratched up is the upscale version.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top