User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
negative response was fully expected

i hate 95% of the rap i've heard

and despise the fuckwits who spend more on their car stereo than they do on their car just so they can disturb my rest by blasting the latest bling bling POS rap album

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
who is "they"?
View Quote

If you can't see it there's no use me trying to explain.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the mix up red beard.

THe only thing more retarded than a white person riding down the street listening to crap, I mean rap, is for a white boy to talk tounge tied while holding his nuts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Redbeard, to get back to the original post...

If you like jazz I second the motion to check out the Fugees and A Tribe called Quest. Don't run out and buy any but just download some and see what you think. They are not really "rap" but somewhere in-between rap, hip-hop and jazz. Both of these groups lean a little more towards jazz with real rhythm instead of just bass and yelling.

And for the rest, I am a white boy in Alabama in a Volvo. Sad, yes. True, yes. And if you see that white boy listening to DMX with the windows down and sunroof open and you don't like it, go FUCK yourself. Think I look stupid? I could give two shits.

I will go ahead and apologize ahead of time to mods. for above comment but so you hate rap. That isn't what the man asked.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the old school Run DMC "Tougher Than Leather" and "Raising Hell" albums. Sir Mix-a-lot came out with a few good raps.

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Topic: "Anyone here listen to rap/hiphop?"
View Quote

No.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And for the rest, I am a white boy in Alabama in a Volvo. Sad, yes. True, yes. And if you see that white boy listening to DMX with the windows down and sunroof open and you don't like it, go FUCK yourself. Think I look stupid? I could give two shits.
View Quote

Why do you feel the need to share your music with others?  I see people all the time with their windows down blaring "music".  Must be an ego thing.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bigjuice

And for the rest, I am a white boy in Alabama in a Volvo. Sad, yes. True, yes. And if you see that white boy listening to DMX with the windows down and sunroof open and you don't like it, go FUCK yourself. Think I look stupid?
View Quote

[size=6]YES! Pretty fly for a white guy.[/size=6][ROFL2]

The soundtrack to Hollywood Homicide would be a great start to different talented acts. Ludacris is good, any Dr Dre, NWA, Busta Rhymes.

The sad thing is, the industry is saturated with shit for brains no talents that sell records to the mindless, buy anything crowd that likes rap. Most of it is truly shit, but there are some shiny, polished turds, and there are a few really talented artists. Dr Dre is a musical genius.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Listen?Shieeet.
I live and breath hip hop Culture. 24-7-365.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:45:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here we go again, the peanut gallery just can't keep quiet.  One would hope at least that their opinions would be based in fact, instead they just spout off their mindless drivel and fade back into the shadows.  Don't bother trying to argue with them, because when you post examples that don't agree with their pre-conceived and ill-informed ideas they just ignore it anyway.
View Quote

The man asked if anyone listens to rap.  If he didn't want to take the chance that he might get some negative responses, he shouldn't have posted here.  Unlike DU, people here are able to give their opinion.  If you took a poll, I would imagine that the majority of people that visit this site hate rap.  Go to a rap message board if you want only positive and enlightening responses.
View Quote

You're right, I should have long ago given up on anyone around here posting anything based in reality.  Because you "feel" it, it must be right.  It's the gross generalizations and the opinions based on very limited experience that are pathetic.  Of course most of the anti-rap crowd have at least in this thread vaguely admited that their opinion is racially based.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Of course most of the anti-rap crowd have at least in this thread vaguely admited that their opinion is racially based.
View Quote

My opinion of rap has nothing to do with race.  In fact, I'm a huge fan of 60's soul and ska music.  All of it performed by black people.  I simply don't like the rap style.  Just like I don't like other styles.  It's called preference.  Just because someone says they don't like rap, you play the race card and feel like you need them to explain themselves.  WTF OVER?!?!?

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:21:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Word to your mother
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course most of the anti-rap crowd have at least in this thread vaguely admited that their opinion is racially based.
View Quote

My opinion of rap has nothing to do with race.  In fact, I'm a huge fan of 60's soul and ska music.  All of it performed by black people.  I simply don't like the rap style.  Just like I don't like other styles.  It's called preference.  Just because someone says they don't like rap, you play the race card and feel like you need them to explain themselves.  WTF OVER?!?!?
View Quote

If you think you need to explain yourself to me or anyone else I don't know what to tell ya.  I have a problem with those that have posted shit based solely on the fact that it's supposed to be "black music".
If you don't like rap that's your business, and I couldn't care less.  But the ignorant statements that many have made about it all being ant-white, anti-cop, gang-banger music are beginning to wear thin.  You don't like a musical style? bully for you.  Personally I can't stand ANY of the country music played on the radio today (but I happen to love real country),  but you don't hear me going around talking about how it's just music for inbred, brain-dead, sister-humping, tobacco-chewing, trailer trash now do you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
definition: based on my school of hardknocks book defines a wigger as follows: a WHITE guy/gal who listens to rap or equivalant in their vehicle with their hat turned backwards, while having the drivers seat on the full down postion, and the music blaring extremely loud and with their 6X9 radio shack speakers sounds like crap, also dont forget that their pants are down past their ass.they got so much bling bling on they cant stand up straight, and they have an accent that is NOT typical of white americans. my point is enjoy what ever music ya like,,but i dont wanna have to listen to it (yes i know sum rednecks play heehaw music equally as loud), but these are the same punks that watch a gangbang movie and now they think they are gangbangers,,and what is funny, 50cent (a rapper) is makin fun of the wiggers in his song "WANKSTER". I guarantee i have the most diverse collection of MP3s out there. like 3000mp3s and i enjoy everything from Bach to Metallica, if i listen to country music , im not goin to go out and buy sum chaps and a cowboy hat and be a wannabe, LOL. i live where this is common place, and frankly it gets old, and it isnt even about young ppl tryin to get their own identity, they are gettin sumone elses, lol.anywho..
View Quote

3,000 MP3s? Amateur. I have that many CDRs burned with MP3s on them.

I listen to HARD rap like Method Man and Arsonists. Sometimes, I can even be found sitting at a stoplight jamming it out the woofs. What's my identity? Homey?

I wear polo shirts and wire-framed glasses. My head is shaved in a military cut and I usually cover it with a camo boonie hat. I drive a SUV with a thump system in it, although when you pull up next to me at the stoplight, I might be just as inclined to be pumping some AC/DC, Ralph Stanley, JS Bach, the Harlam Gospel Choir, or even some Etta James. I live in a $250,000 home and earn $150K a year. I reside in a rural farm community of 6,000 people but prior to October 2002, I lived in the center of the hard ghetto of a sizeable midwestern city that recently experienced civil unrest of a mass proportion (Cincinnati). I watched angry black people burn down the neighborhood to the beats of rap music. While I could never condone their behavior, I understand the frustration that sparked it. I have yet to associate rap music solely with a specific demographic. I've found that people who do, typically have much smaller worldviews and cultural experiences than myself.

As diverse as my musical tastes are, and despite my residing in a rural community, I happen to despise most modern country music, which I find to be the artistic equal of the Backstreet Boys or New Town. I typically like music with hard rhythm and base grooves in it, which means I am most apt to be hearing some black-influenced tunes.

Yo yo yo mah bruthah.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why do you feel the need to share your music with others?  I see people all the time with their windows down blaring "music".  Must be an ego thing.
View Quote

I don't feel the need to share it with others. I like my music loud and I like having my windows down. If it is raining out I still have the sound pumped. If I am in my truck listening to David Allen Coe, you will be hearing that too. It's not an ego thing for me, but I think a lot of people do it for attention, good and bad.

What I find so funny is that Redbeard was asking for suggestions on some rap to listen to. Posting responses like "No" means absolutely fucking nothing but give you one more post below your name. Go start a thread called "Who hates rap music and let's all bitch about it". This is not all aimed at you USPC but at the others who just posted here to say they don't like rap. Who gives a shit? I don't like polka but I don't defend my reasons for disliking polka nor would I go to a thread discussing polka songs just to tell them their music sucks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Hell no.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell no.

View Quote

[beathorse]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Fuck no.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck no.
View Quote

How old are you anyway?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey [red]Red_Beard[/red],
I strongly suggest this song by[size=6] [b]Dynamite Hack[/b] called [b]Boys in the Hood[/b][/size=6]. [8D]

Go download it, the best way I can describe this song is.......think of Toby Kieth meets Snoop.

Trust me you'll like it.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  "How old are you anyway?"
View Quote

Click on my user info.  I sent you a IM so we can discuss any problems you have off line.[;D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Norman???? "Bully for you"??????

Not only do REAL WHITE MEN make fun of shits like you but even blacks make fun of you. You will never be one and blacks usually resent whites who "steal from the black man". One of two things happen to people like you

1. You grow up and your taste for music changes and you feel embarassed about the way you looked like a stupid little punk all those years.

2. You never grow up and spend the rest of your life being a stupid little punk and help other stupid little punks like the next bill clinton get elected into office.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Blade that is a crock of shit. I am highly educated and contribute to society in a meaningful way every day. I listen to rap.

If you think I look like a stupid little punk I don't give a shit. And all that bullshit about "stealing from the black man". The regular black guy on the street may get pissed off because he can't have his own music without some white kids listening to it, but the artists are laughing all the way to the bank.

Your sterotyping is somewhat amusing, but you need to take the blinders off.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
House of Pain
Beasti Boys
Cyress Hill
Eminem
Kid Rock
50 Cent

The stereotypes about Rap music are hilarious. I'm a 32 year old white cop who makes about $80K a year before overtime. I dont wear my hat backwards or wish I was black. But I can recognized talent when I hear it.

Editd to add...Holy Shit!! Me and BenDover have something in common!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here we go again, the peanut gallery just can't keep quiet.  One would hope at least that their opinions would be based in fact, instead they just spout off their mindless drivel and fade back into the shadows.  Don't bother trying to argue with them, because when you post examples that don't agree with their pre-conceived and ill-informed ideas they just ignore it anyway.

'cause yeah, Qtip talking about how he left his wallet in el segundo is really bringing down the whole of western civilization [rolleyes]
View Quote

Dude, it just sucks.  It isn't even close to music.

View Quote

Do you have a degree in music?  Are you a musician, songwriter or composer?  Is this a music forum?  You shoot guns guy, that doesn't mean you get to decide what IS and ISN'T music.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you have a degree in music?  Are you a musician, songwriter or composer?  Is this a music forum?  You shoot guns guy, that doesn't mean you get to decide what IS and ISN'T music.
View Quote

I'm glad you asked!  I play piano and guitar, lately, mostly guitar. I have a Fender Strat, an Ovation 12 string, and an Alvarez 6 string. I have an old mandolin that I have tried to work on, but my hands are too big.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Norman???? "Bully for you"??????

Not only do REAL WHITE MEN make fun of shits like you but even blacks make fun of you. You will never be one and blacks usually resent whites who "steal from the black man". One of two things happen to people like you

1. You grow up and your taste for music changes and you feel embarassed about the way you looked like a stupid little punk all those years.

2. You never grow up and spend the rest of your life being a stupid little punk and help other stupid little punks like the next bill clinton get elected into office.
View Quote

Apparently you've chosen option 2?  How's that "apartment" in your mom's basement treating you?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:06:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm glad you asked!  I play piano and guitar, lately, mostly guitar. I have a Fender Strat, an Ovation 12 string, and an Alvarez 6 string. I have an old mandolin that I have tried to work on, but my hands are too big.

View Quote

Yeah i was afraid that might happen, i suppose being ignorant and generalizing doesn't stop you from picking up an instrument, too bad.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah i was afraid that might happen, i suppose being ignorant and generalizing doesn't stop you from picking up an instrument, too bad.
View Quote

Or posting on an internet site!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hey [red]Red_Beard[/red],
I strongly suggest this song by[size=6] [b]Dynamite Hack[/b] called [b]Boys in the Hood[/b][/size=6]. [8D]

Go download it, the best way I can describe this song is.......think of Toby Kieth meets Snoop.

Trust me you'll like it.[:D]
View Quote

[lol]

lmao

funny shit
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Agree with the above-mentioned eminem stuff.....the stuff that gets the airtime sucks, but a lot of the other stuff on his albums is actually pretty good.

Also, damn near anything br Dr. Dre.

FWIW, I don't drive an import with a fart can, I still have the factory stereo in my car, and if the windows are down you *might* be able to hear darned near everything, with the exception of most modern country and boy-bands.  If you can hear it over all the other import-driving-punk-wannabes that think the more watts your stereo puts out, the faster/cooler your car is.

Nothing against people who drive imports, I just don't like the "Fast & Furious" wannabees.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Holy Shit!! Me and BenDover have something in common!
View Quote

Scary, ain't it?

Well, I'll be like you guys in 20-30 years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Actually, that "apartment" is in YOUR mom's basement.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I like the old school Run DMC "Tougher Than Leather" and "Raising Hell" albums. Sir Mix-a-lot came out with a few good raps.

View Quote

Can you give us a few songs from there to download? I tried searching just for Run DMC and those albums but I got nothing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can you give us a few songs from there to download? I tried searching just for Run DMC and those albums but I got nothing.
View Quote

If you're going to be like me in 20-30 years, you'd better learn who Jam Master Jay is.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000J7IT/qid=1055953402/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/102-7524981-5182569?v=glance&s=music&n=507846[/url]

This is the album with their remake of Aerosmith's Walk This Way on it, as well as the classic... "It's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time it's tricky..."

While you're at it, dig up some older stuff from Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Newcleus, Kool Moe Dee, Full Force, or.... Afrika Bambaata and the Zulu Nation.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is the album with their remake of Aerosmith's Walk This Way on it,
View Quote

I have heard that this is the only thing in their carreers that they are ashamed of.  Much like Richard Pryor's "Moving".  They have been accused of these being their "sellout" moments.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, well after their bouts with addiction and the abysmal sales performace of "Done With Mirrors", the should be thanking their lucky stars that they "sold out". "Pump" would have never happened without it.

Ingrates.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top