Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot it was a holiday. Google maps alerted me when I was checking some store hours that hours may be different due to the holiday. Would have been funny to have driven in and asked myself why nobody else was there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I work 3rd shift. So yes, I was off today. But have to work tonight
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm off today. I was off yesterday. And I'll be off, tomorrow. But it wasn't anything to do with MLK day. It's simply how the schedule ran.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I said hell with it. I'm self employed I did some jobs Saturday and pushed a few others to later in the week.
My daughter was off from school so I decided to take my daughter snowmobiling. There was some fresh snow just north of us.
She will be 14 in a few months and don't want to take for granted being able to do things now. Time is going by fast.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Company I work for added it to the list of paid holidays this year (three guesses as to why. Lol) But I worked for the double time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope I did or some folks are gonna be pissed off tomorrow. Was pretty sure it was a holiday for the company, but was ignoring a lot of noises from a work cellphone this morning.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup
First year the company gave us the day off. Legitimately closed too, not even holiday pay
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top