User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say 90% of you guys selling stuff , sold that stuff to the enemy.
View Quote

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Make an account on Gunbroker and sell them there.  You'll pay selling fees, but you'll also get the most money there.

We like to make fun of the ATF, and I'm sure some won't like me saying this, but I'd call them up and let them know what you're doing ahead of time if you are actually going to sell that many guns at once.  That is a lot of guns.  There is nothing wrong with selling guns from your collection that you no longer want.  If you don't give them a heads up and they somehow catch on to you selling that many guns at once they're probably going to wonder why you're selling so many without an FFL.  Again, selling them for the purpose of downsizing your collection or upgrading to another gun is completely fine, but if you don't have an FFL and they see you getting rid of that many they will get curious if they somehow take notice of it.  I know of someone who sold most of a massive collection off and they called the ATF before hand and told them what was going on and they never got hassled about it at all.

Again, some people will be against doing what I said.  Doing it keeps them from hassling you if they do take notice of you selling that many guns at once without having an FFL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to but have no idea how to go about doing it.  Like to thin it way down so my wife doesn't have to deal with it in case of my demise.  Have about 80 that never see the light of day.

Make an account on Gunbroker and sell them there.  You'll pay selling fees, but you'll also get the most money there.

We like to make fun of the ATF, and I'm sure some won't like me saying this, but I'd call them up and let them know what you're doing ahead of time if you are actually going to sell that many guns at once.  That is a lot of guns.  There is nothing wrong with selling guns from your collection that you no longer want.  If you don't give them a heads up and they somehow catch on to you selling that many guns at once they're probably going to wonder why you're selling so many without an FFL.  Again, selling them for the purpose of downsizing your collection or upgrading to another gun is completely fine, but if you don't have an FFL and they see you getting rid of that many they will get curious if they somehow take notice of it.  I know of someone who sold most of a massive collection off and they called the ATF before hand and told them what was going on and they never got hassled about it at all.

Again, some people will be against doing what I said.  Doing it keeps them from hassling you if they do take notice of you selling that many guns at once without having an FFL.

I wonder if they would even bother to take a note of you. I kind of think such a call would be round filed as it isn't really notable to them. His not being hassled probably didn't have anything to do with his call, people sell collections all the time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've sold about 14 AR-15's consigned at a local gunshop over the last 7 months.  First couple of sales  back in July were to fund an expensive tax bill.  In Nov / December I unloaded all of the AR's I'd built at around $350-500 each in the salad days for $800 or more each.  What other hobby allows you to enjoy building something, using it for a while, then recovering your money?  I sell via FFL's because VA has the universal background check law now, and I'm past being willing to ship the items out of state, even if I'd net a little more money.  Much easier to drop them off at Gun shop and only show back up to collect cash or checks.  
I'm still pretty deep in handguns, bolt actions, NFA items, and a few AR's.
View Quote

The only reason you can do that now is because of the panic. 2 years ago you almost couldn't give an AR away

So I guess in that respect it's unlike most other hobbies in that every so often there are panics that temporarily drive prices up
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Less of a collection and more of an armory.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What happened to all the patriots here?  You all can comply with unconstitutional laws and give your freedoms up!  

Now is the time to band together and declare we will not comply with unconstitutional laws any longer.  Not one more inch!
View Quote

@EdgecrusherXES

3% is all we get. the rest roll over
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When the panic hits full swing I'll sell a couple. I need a new outboard motor
View Quote

I think prices are peakish right now. @ $2/round most people just can't afford to fill more than a few mags.  When the feds outlaw everything except single shot .22s and Xiden EO's away everything else, most people will hide what they have, turn it in, or destroy it.  What's left will go black market.  Your average middle class sheep don't have the stomach to associate with the type of lifestyle and people that come with buying and selling whatever it is that may be deemed illegal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The only reason you can do that now is because of the panic. 2 years ago you almost couldn't give an AR away

So I guess in that respect it's unlike most other hobbies in that every so often there are panics that temporarily drive prices up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've sold about 14 AR-15's consigned at a local gunshop over the last 7 months.  First couple of sales  back in July were to fund an expensive tax bill.  In Nov / December I unloaded all of the AR's I'd built at around $350-500 each in the salad days for $800 or more each.  What other hobby allows you to enjoy building something, using it for a while, then recovering your money?  I sell via FFL's because VA has the universal background check law now, and I'm past being willing to ship the items out of state, even if I'd net a little more money.  Much easier to drop them off at Gun shop and only show back up to collect cash or checks.  
I'm still pretty deep in handguns, bolt actions, NFA items, and a few AR's.

It is a unique feature that we've had these panics.  Did the same thing back in 2008 - when Obama was running.  I bought a lot of the AR's this time around, just waiting for a moment like this, and because I enjoyed building and shooting them.  I also got pretty deep into cheap reloading components, but I'm not selling any of that unless I know someone personally who needs them just to make rounds for shooting now.  Guns are pretty much the only hobby I have where I'm not directly spending the cash on something that rapidly depreciates like trucks.  
Personally, given the makeup of the Supreme Court, I think the market will return to normal at some point in the future, and I'm stocked up enough to make it till then.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Kinda sorta.  One of my brothers gave me a couple of pre-ban Colts and a bunch of uppers to list in the next few days.  Pretty much just his "extra" crap.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Its too easy not to.
Small sign and sit in parking lot of regional GS that has nothing on the shelves....

Maybe i should buy a boat???
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Arms list and gunbroker . Can’t believe what people were paying for the stuff. Simple 550 pack of 22LR for $175.00 hell my 401 K doesn’t have that kind of return.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top