Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The greeting I use varies with the person I'm talking to.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how many leftist Christmas haters are actually working tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When speaking to someone I don't know personally, I prefer to say "Happy Holidays."

It seems a bit presumptive to assume everyone you don't know is Christian, when in fact they may be Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Agnostic, Athiest, or of any other belief or non-belief.

Christmas is a national holiday of this country.  if it offends anybody, they should get the fuck over it

Merry Christmas!

I keep waiting for a Supreme Court case challenging that too (i.e., why Christmas is a federal legal holiday, when we are supposed to have separation of church and state).

Oh, and by the way, "Happy Hannukah."

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Merry Christmas- no "Happy Holidays" said by me.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]

can i get a HELL YES.

Merry CHRISTmas

I tell them don't let the commies take Christ out of Xmas cause thats what the commies
do.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't give it much thought. If someone says something to me and it is meant to be positive I take it that way. I don't get bent out of shape over little things like this.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I pretty much stick to my usual "fuck you, asshole!" greeting year round.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder how many leftist Christmas haters are actually working tomorrow.

If they're working when they could get a day off, they're sure as hell not leftists...
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I went around all day today saying "Merry Hannukwanzamas!"

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I've still not actually met anyone who is offended by merry christmas.  I'm an atheist and often around other atheists as well.  No doubt some people do but they seem a lot more rare than the "its christmas damnit" crowd makes them out to be.

Any sort of kind thought is appreciated here, merry christmas, happy holidays, have a grand spaghetti monster eve, hope you get laid....thanks.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#11]
If someone tells me "Happy Holidays", then I don't respond.  If they say "Merry Christmas", then I respond "Merry Christmas" in kind.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it funny some store employees are told not to say it.  For example try to get a Evilmart  person to say "Merry Christmas".  I have yet to get them to.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think it funny some store employees are told not to say it.  For example try to get a Evilmart  person to say "Merry Christmas".  I have yet to get them to.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Wal-mart employee here, the company never told me which to say.

In fact most of our door greeters said Merry Christmas, as did the Salvation Army ringing the bell out front. As did most cashiers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#14]
It will always be Merry Christmas for me and my family.  I say it to everyone I can.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Shit Yes.

j0hn
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#16]
It was Happy Hanukah to my one coworker, who I know is Jewish. To everyone else, it's Merry Christmas.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top