BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just a fair warning - doing nice things for others generally turns out bad for you.  I've learned my lesson - someday I'll tell the whole story.

No good deed goes unpunished.

The house two-down from me was the first walk-away in the 'hood.  After an entire summer of the yard running away, I decided to mow it.  The grass and weeds were literally chest high.  

I get on the mower with my weedeater across my lap, drive the 200 yards down the road and got busy.  I had to mow it several times; I had to walk back home to get my gas can because I burned a whole tank on it and ran out.  The willow tree was nighmarish to weed-eat around.

I decided to not mow the fenced backyard as it was not visible and I didn't have a key to open the gate anyway.  

As I was driving back up the street to my house, the 'lady' who lives across the street from the yard I had just mowed came flying out of the house and commenced to chewing my ass out.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"You didn't even mow the back and you just left those piles of grass in the yard!"  

She calmed down a little bit when she realized who I am (her neighbor) and I went home thinking maybe she just thought I had been hired to mow it.  

Well......not; that wasn't it.  

She ran her mouth to the whole neighborhood about how sorry I am for doing a half-ass job on the walk-away lot.

Next story:

The house across the street from me is a walk-away.  The guy who lived there had quite a fall as he was the facilities engineer for a sort-of TV station everyone in America has seen.  I liked the guy when he moved in.  He had some really good parties......but then he lost his job and rapidly weirded out.  He got really-really skinny and withdrawn.  He lasted reclusively and unemployed for about 6 years and then one day there were pick-ups in the yard moving his shit out, but not all of it....I mean the real "shit" was left in the house.  

I walked over to say bye to him, but I didn't go in.  A few days after he was gone, another neighbor waved me over to what we now call the "shit-house" or the "outhouse."  I walked over kinda scared; thinking maybe he was dead in there, but what I saw was sort-of worse.

He had this little dog and I suppose in his reclusiveness he wouldn't let it out and it had shit ALL OVER THE HOUSE, but mostly in the formal living room.  One literally couldn't walk in the living room without stepping on shit.  

(I'm gagging as I type this.)

The bank has hired cleaning crews and painters and refloored the house and all, but it still smells like a wet, outdoor dog in there to me, but maybe it's my expectation.....I dunno.  I wish I hadn't seen it.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Do you have an HOA? Some HOA's have started suing banks over failure to upkeep property. I would put some pressure on the bank so you don't have to do all that work.

My HOA did that.............errrrr..... tried to do that.  I don't know what exactly happened, but I do know that it was so full of fail our monthly fee went up by $25 afterwards.

My HOA is pretty cool.  It's a very large HOA that has a $2 million annual budget.  Because it's large, and it's run by people who are professionals IRL, there isn't any petty shit.  But, somehow, they lost hard on suing the banks.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The house behind mine has been abandoned.  I'm not sure if it's been foreclosed on, but the fat sloppy fucks are gone.  A section of the fence fell down a while back (cheap ass builders used shit materials) so I walked over there and looked in the back door glass... house was empty.  

You'd think with the TWO satellite dishes they had installed that they had at least a little money.  

I stood the fence back up and let it be.   The weeds in that yard got up to maybe 5 feet before someone mowed it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope...I won't set foot on it unless I see someone who shouldn't be there snooping around.

Yard is about a foot or so high now.  My mom and dad offered to buy the house from the lady after her mom died a year or so ago.  Offered her a helluva lot of money knowing it would still need some work.  Lady said she couldn't drive up from Houston.  Wife and I offered to go get her, etc.  She kept saying she needs to get an appraisal cause she needs to get what its worth.  Blah...Blah...Blah....  Screw her.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy those 40 lb. bags of water softer salt and dump them on the lawn....you won't have to mow it.......for years.
IF that's illegal I'm not advocating illegal activities....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top